• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

poor widdle ravens

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
According to the article they are not the only one and it does sound reasonable.

I agree.

Still you play the games the league sets on the schedule.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
According to the article they are not the only one and it does sound reasonable.

I am a Steeler fan, so if the Ravens want to be *******, I'll be there to call them out; I dont give a toss about the other teams, especially considering the ravens have a history with this crap

Steelmann

Reaction score
I am guessing the west coast teams play east all the time,with early start times. It seems these guys get paid a fair bit of $$$ play the games,quit whining.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I am guessing the west coast teams play east all the time,with early start times. It seems these guys get paid a fair bit of $$$ play the games,quit whining.
It's easier flying to western time zones than eastern ones IMO.

Steel G

Reaction score

If this was their first time, I'd agree with you. But they have a history of bitching about where and when they play games.

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
not to mention, teams on the west coast like the raiders, 49ers and chargers have to make MANY an east coast trip, EVERY season by virtue of the fact that there are far more teams in the eastern time zone, than west; do we ever hear the crappy-*** Raiders whining? Nope

to me, it just wreaks of arrogance that they'd always be getting on the horn with the league office in the hopes for a "hook-up" when it comes to scheduling. hey shitbirds, you're an NFL franchise just like every other team is an NFL franchise; you'll get the schedule you'll get, suck it up and play some damn ball.

Steelerfreak

Reaction score
I think it would be a convenience if they were back to back. However I fail to see the big deal of doing this. As stated earlier, going out there is no problem. Coming back is the issue. Though in todays NFL most teams get Monday off and all teams have Tuesday off. So a trip back on the red eye still gives them 1.5 days to recover before their next practice/meeting on Wednesday.

You gotta play the cards your dealt. My old man managed to work 6 days a week for 20 years (and that's only what I can remember). I have no sympathy for this travel dilemma. Heck there are high school kids in Alaska playing football who have to travel several hours by school bus to get to their games, and they are darned glad to have them on the schedule.

south dakota STEEL

Forefather
Reaction score
They make good coin to play a game. Play the ******* game and shut the **** up.

Entitled society, SUCKS!

Wingman

Reaction score
My only concern with this would be to have better games. And I would also think it would be a good idea for the West Coast Teams as well. It would be nice if teams did not have to face short weeks as well. The Thursday night games need to go. Sunday and Monday are enough to put the games on. If they need to have football on other nights broadcast the out of market games on every night of the week, then the fans of the game can watch 3 games on Sunday, 2 on Monday, 2 replays on each day in the evening. That would allow 15 games to be viewed during the week and give them the saturation coverage they want. In most cases I think there is a team on a bye every week so the entire nfl could be viewed. The replays could start at 6 or 630 and be over by 1130 or 1200. All the networks could grab a piece of the replay night as well and they could dump some of the turkey programing they have now.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
How are they going to practice if they stay on the west coast? Are they expecting the visiting team to lend them facilities too? Or are they going to beg a local high school or college for a field?

If they had a Monday game or a Thursday game and then a following Sunday I could see it, I suppose. That travel would suck. When you consider that they generally get the following Monday off, then practice Tuesday and Wednesday and maybe Thursday travel on Thurs/Friday, walkthrough on Saturday then play Sunday. With the travel they'd have to fly back on Monday which takes up their day off pretty much - leaving them with work on Tues, Weds and Thurs and then a return flight on Thurs/Friday, another walkthrough and a game, then a repeat.

It does suck. Even for the Ravens.

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I love that it sucks for them and likely won't be changed. I gotta be able to enjoy something about the NFL.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
They're lucky I didn't make their schedule - I have them play a four game stint like this:

Baltimore (home) vs. Denver - Sunday night game
San Diego (home) vs. Baltimore - Thursday night game
Baltimore (home in London) vs. Jags - Sunday 9AM game
San Francisco (home) vs. Baltimore - 1PM PDT

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
They're lucky I didn't make their schedule - I have them play a four game stint like this:

Baltimore (home) vs. Denver - Sunday night game
San Diego (home) vs. Baltimore - Thursday night game
Baltimore (home in London) vs. Jags - Sunday 9AM game
San Francisco (home) vs. Baltimore - 1PM PDT

Lol yes! Email this to the league office, Berm!

Spike

Reaction score
Widdle Steelers are doing the same

Steelers Request That Both West Coast Games In 2015 Be Scheduled On Back-To-Back Week

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-in-2015-be-scheduled-on-back-to-back-weeks/

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score

Steelers Request That Both West Coast Games In 2015 Be Scheduled On Back-To-Back Week

http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...s-in-2015-be-scheduled-on-back-to-back-weeks/

Pathetic. Just pathetic.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score

Crybaby *******. AMIRITE?

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score

Omar10213245

Contributor
Reaction score
Steelers Request That Both West Coast Games In 2015 Be Scheduled On Back-To-Back Weeks

this thread is now hilarious

where's my karma *****?

Karma....granted.

Now get the **** out!

Spike

Reaction score
my work here is done