• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Post game tunes

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Ecstasy of Gold always reminds me of the Polamalu "Fate" commercial:

:flag: :towel:

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Great tunes bring back awesome memories.... June 19th 1988 .... My mom's last birthday before losing a battle with cancer..... I rented a 12 seater van and took a group of friends to my first big concert to see MONSTERS of ROCK in Buffalo....... Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions and Van Halen
Someone just posted a bootleg film of the 9 hour concert 32 years to the day. They pretended to be blind and hid camera in a walking stick and put a battery charger in a garbage can to keep the ability to film.
I got roasted by the sun that day. They had fire hoses out to try and cool the crowd. Amazing show .... memories to last forever ...
We have suffered many losses this year with the pandemic, legends like Eddie Van Halen and I just lost my 96 year young stepmom two days ago....... the last time I was able to see her was on her birthday in February..... she loved music..... so thanks guys for posting this stuff tonight, otherwise I would have never have found that old released footage and been able to remember something good for a change.

Salute the Nation

PEACE

hope you don't mind I borrowed your closing DRINK ......but I thought it was appropriate....... Go Steelers

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Ecstasy of Gold always reminds me of the Polamalu "Fate" commercial

:flag: :towel:

Metallica does a great job but I always harken back to the original

If I was the AV producer I'd mix the video from TGTBATU with the Metallica audio. Then at the end, the audience would see the cross with the name of that week's opponent on it.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Metallica does a great job but I always harken back to the original

If I was the AV producer I'd mix the video from TGTBATU with the Metallica audio. Then at the end, the audience would see the cross with the name of that week's opponent on it.

Love it! And great story Paul (minus losing your stepmom, condolences buddy). Lmao at pretending being blind to get a camera in. Ah, the things we'd do when we were young.

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
Great tunes bring back awesome memories.... June 19th 1988 .... My mom's last birthday before losing a battle with cancer..... I rented a 12 seater van and took a group of friends to my first big concert to see MONSTERS of ROCK in Buffalo....... Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, Scorpions and Van Halen
Someone just posted a bootleg film of the 9 hour concert 32 years to the day. They pretended to be blind and hid camera in a walking stick and put a battery charger in a garbage can to keep the ability to film.
I got roasted by the sun that day. They had fire hoses out to try and cool the crowd. Amazing show .... memories to last forever ...
We have suffered many losses this year with the pandemic, legends like Eddie Van Halen and I just lost my 96 year young stepmom two days ago....... the last time I was able to see her was on her birthday in February..... she loved music..... so thanks guys for posting this stuff tonight, otherwise I would have never have found that old released footage and been able to remember something good for a change.

Salute the Nation

PEACE

hope you don't mind I borrowed your closing DRINK ......but I thought it was appropriate....... Go Steelers

Paul G, very sorry to hear about your step-mom. Know exactly what you went through as my 94 year young step dad is in rehab as we type. Haven't been able to see him in 2 months....Hey the Steelers brought us some good times today...Enjoy.

stillerfaninfl

Contributor
Reaction score
Played 'Short People' for my 23 year old for the first time about 3 or 4 months ago ..... he lost his damn mind. He cracked up listening to the lyrics. It was great.. Same thing when he first heard Walk On The Wild Side .... he was like ... 'what'd he just say?'

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

Salute the Nation

PEACE

Sorry to hear about your stepmom grieving myself over a loss. I have to go back to work Tuesday and I am not sure I am ready. Same with ol girl. We just have to fight this day by day. I feel for you hang in there! if you need to talk I am here. I am a good listener.