• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pouncey second surgery??

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
Well thats just swell. I'm sure this will be his last injury and we wont have to worry about our starting center missing huge chunks of seasons going forward:rolleyes:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Sigh...

How much money do we have tied up in Pouncey? Does his contract have any clauses in it that at least get us some cap relief if he's released or retires because he can't play? Not that he'll retire. Why would he? He'll wait for his ankle to heal so he can hurt his shoulder in week 2 of pre-season next year.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
he's the Shazier of our offense.

wonder which will play more games in their careers - Shazier or Pouncey?

hcmd

Reaction score
Yes, I know he is only 26. But those expensive wheels on him have taken a beating. something to ponder going forward... Sorry to read about his setback.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
Im as frustrated as anyone with him being frequently hurt, but these injuries aren't his fault...DeCastro took him out two years ago and this season he got rolled up on from the back. He's just unfortunate. But im wondering if its time to look next draft for a new starting center. Im not really feelin this Cody Wallace kid...hes getting blown up frequently.

papillon

Reaction score
Im as frustrated as anyone with him being frequently hurt, but these injuries aren't his fault...DeCastro took him out two years ago and this season he got rolled up on from the back. He's just unfortunate. But im wondering if its time to look next draft for a new starting center. Im not really feelin this Cody Wallace kid...hes getting blown up frequently.

He's grading out as one of the worst centers each week according to profootballfocus.com, which probably explains him getting blown up often.

Papillon

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Shame about Wallace. I didn't think he was this bad last year so I thought we might be okay. Let's put Mike Adams in there. jk

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That would pretty much end his season and possibly shorten his career. Hope not but my guess is that will be the case.

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Shame about Wallace. I didn't think he was this bad last year so I thought we might be okay. Let's put Mike Adams in there. jk

We couldn't even if we wanted to, he's still on the PUP list from his back injury during the offseason.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I didn't like Pouncey's new deal for a few reasons

1 ) He's a little overrated and we have proven we can win without him by inserting a journeyman player in his place.

2 ) His contract cap number is HUGE. Cap # in 2016 is $10,551,000

3 ) I view him as an injury prone player with some off the field indicates.

Colbert could have used the money to sign an excellent DB. Oh well....

More information on why it did not heal is needed.

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Look. I don't dislike Pouncey. I think he's a fine fellow. He's just not worth the money and the heartache.

He's like a divorced Dad who's in a traveling band. Cool. Maybe awesome when he's around but ultimately - not there when you need him.

steel shinin

Reaction score
I hope the players who go out an put it on the line for our "entertainment" don't come and read **** like this being said about them. Get well Pouncey. Hope to see you in the B & G for years to come.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure he's just as frustrated as the team and fans are. Injuries happen, and when they happen too frequently, it lessens a players value to the team.

What's the point in paying such a huge contract for a guy to be on the sidelines when it matters?

It's a shame, too. His first season was groubreaking and showed promise of great things, but he gets injured in the championship game and it's been hit or miss ever since. How about the year he got taken out by Decastro?

swal75

Reaction score
I guess we can see if he can come back and decide where to go. Cutting him(or trading him) adds approx 1 extra million to his cap figure next year but it is a 7M real cash savings so I guess they could cut bait. It would be nice if he could return and play at a high level.

kev4heels

Reaction score
Cody Wallace has been pretty bad so far. He is getting pushed back or getting worked on many downs from scrimmage.
Hope Pouncey can be back by week 9-10. He would be a huge addition.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Cody Wallace has been pretty bad so far. He is getting pushed back or getting worked on many downs from scrimmage.
Hope Pouncey can be back by week 9-10. He would be a huge addition.

Why not just hope he will be back this week.

SteelerAl

Reaction score
Jim Wexell has a source that said he doesn't think this will end Pouncey's season. This really sucks because Ned Dochette is reporting that Pouncey was getting close to being able to practice before this setback.

And to all your ******* hating on Pouncey...getting an infection is hardly his fault. It's ****** luck, nothing else.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Man this blows for the team and of course for Pouncey. Hope they can get the infection cleared out and get him back into the fold in December. We will need him come playoff time.

bigtwnvin

Reaction score
Tough break for Pouncey (no pun intended). When the guy is healthy he's a beast. Having to have multiple surgeries to correct breaks is problematic. It would be a miracle if the guy is healed well enough to play at all this year.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully he can make it back this year with the complication.

Get well soon Pounce !

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Jim Wexell has a source that said he doesn't think this will end Pouncey's season. This really sucks because Ned Dochette is reporting that Pouncey was getting close to being able to practice before this setback.

And to all your ******* hating on Pouncey...getting an infection is hardly his fault. It's ****** luck, nothing else.

The infection sucks. Wexell is a bit chummy with Pouncey. As such I think he's trying to show a glass half full for him. Maybe Pouncey can play at the very end of the season, but it would be a risk. He won't be in " football shape " .Players need time to recover and are often a little nervous coming back from ankle or knee injuries.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope the players who go out an put it on the line for our "entertainment" don't come and read **** like this being said about them. Get well Pouncey. Hope to see you in the B & G for years to come.

Give me a break. Its because of fans like us that he enjoys the salary/lifestyle that he does, I'm sure his precious feelings will hold-up if, God forbid, he has to read of frustration coming from his fan base. I hold no ill will towards him, but as a player expected to contribute, I'm already ready to move on. Wallace may not be a pro-bowler, but the subtraction of Pouncey doesn't cause our offense to go belly-up (when Ben is in there). So I'm good with Wallace or *insert journeyman capable player* until we find our next, true "franchise" center coming out of college.

I'd like to see the Steelers start scouring the college jr. and sr. ranks for what might be out there in the next season or so.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh so a few weeks back of the original timeline... we can survive... Bring the Legursky out of mothballs if need be...