• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Pretty simple: Steelers fan or Tombert fan

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
After the defensive holding there was essentially 2 minutes left. You have two timeouts left. You call timeout on first down. If they don't score you call another on second. Cause after third down they score and the time stops or they are kicking field goal to tie. That leaves the maximum amount of time if they score probably would have been 1 min 45 seconds the way it worked out. Then at least you have control. You can go out of bounds. You can spike it. He has zero feel for in game management. So ask yourself again. What exactly does he do.

Mike Tomlin was disappointed to learn that the timeout he saved from the Raiders defeat last season was no longer usable.

The guy is a ******* idiot.

mdk2

Reaction score
I have wanted a x and o coach for some time. I just hope the Steelers get one with the next HC whenever that may be.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

You mean you just want a real Head Coach... isn’t that what they’re suppose to do? X’s and O’s?
Was Tomlin hired to just give speeches? Man, he really bullshitted his way into that job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdk2

Reaction score
Here's what confuses me.

You watch the game and it seems as though whomever we play has WRs just sort of cruising through the middle of the field with at least a yard or two of separation on every defensive player around them. I mean literally, it looks more often than not like 'pitch and catch' for opposing QBs and receivers.

Then you look at the Steeler's offense and it seems like they have run conjoined twins out there in patterns, the ******* DBs and even LBs are plastered on Steeler receivers like they're joined at the ******* hip.

How hard is it to get a ******* guy open? I mean seriously?

And the line? Jesus, the line!

I was saying the same thing.. it’s unbelievable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ironically, Vader - on some level maybe there's an argument there.

Ben has been so solid, so dependable for so long that the team has never been critically desperate to put together a world class defense. Ben and the offense has always played well enough to keep the team in the game, or just win outright. A dominant defense has never been critical as the Steeler coaches over the years have seemed to buy in to Spike's mindset.

Just outscore em.

Course when you're down to a 2nd year player with literally 1 game of real experience and an offensive line that seems to have moved out of state with Munchak... It's harder and harder to outscore them.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
Many of us have said these days were coming under Mike and they are here.

6 years to build a D
9 number one picks on our D now
We’ve had a top 5 top 10 offense for several years before this one
We’ve lost a few chances at a Super Bowl because of our D
Tomlin is a D coordinator
And tomlin and Butler have wanted full control of this D for years and years
They’ve had full control now for several years and we absolutely suck

Please let’s just thank the Guy And let him go. He’s completely ruined this organization
Mike munch and Big Ben Are the only reasons we’ve been competitive in the past 4 years or so
And Ben is the only reason mike is still in the league

He would make a phenomenal coach for VA Tech And could recruit the hell out of those kids from his old stomping ground. He has the speeches and the lingo to be one hell of a college coach and recruiter as he’s a great bill ****
Artist. However is not a great NFL coach

Let’s fire this guy and move on. Personally I think we are headed for years and years of awful teams unless something is done quickly.

Spot on, I respectfully challenge anyone here supporting Tomlin continuing as our head coach to argue with this.

With Ben down, this is HIS team he crafted, and the results aren't pretty

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
5 ****** turnovers two in plus territory. Mortgage the future for defense yet they cannot close out. Most sought after job in pro sports for security. You gotta do better than this. You virtually have every player as first round talent. At least 7 are legit. Go get a real defensive coach and find out what happens.

Agree but the only way that works is if ARII and Colbert have a Come To Jesus Meeting with Mikey Cool Shades and tell him to leave the defense alone. For example, "We're hiring Rex Ryan as defensive coordinator and he can hire his own assistants and run the defense the way he wants and you will sit down and shut the **** up and not say a word. If you don't like that we just cut your balls off in public, there's the door.". The team won't do that, but that's what I'd do.

ZonaBurgh

My Opinions Are Awesome!
Contributor
Reaction score
Agree but the only way that works is if ARII and Colbert have a Come To Jesus Meeting with Mikey Cool Shades and tell him to leave the defense alone. For example, "We're hiring Rex Ryan as defensive coordinator and he can hire his own assistants and run the defense the way he wants and you will sit down and shut the **** up and not say a word. If you don't like that we just cut your balls off in public, there's the door.". The team won't do that, but that's what I'd do.

The current ownership doesn't have the fire in the belly that Dan did. As long as the money keeps rolling in, it will be business as usual.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Great idea Ron but I'm pretty sure Rex would want the feet and NOT the balls......!

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Speaking of Steelers fans man they are coming out of the cracks in bunches like ants. 0 and 3 posting like their hair is on fire. Be sure to stick around for when the team turns it around. Regardless if that is this season,next, or a few seasons down the road. As in don't be afraid to post when things are going good. Obviously this doesn't apply to everyfan. But if it offends you the shoe might fit.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Nah...let's have 97 quadrillion separate threads on how bad the team and HC are...that'll help...

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
70+ snaps on defense each past three games. No defense can keep points from being scored with that many plays. The league is set up for offense. Our offense is still looking for an identity and a minuscule amount of first downs. Even when Ben started the first two, there was no identity or rhythm much less 3dwn conversions.

How can blame be placed on the defense when they give the offense 5 turnovers and the offense scores 6 pts. Rudolph while playing and shows promise is learning and the offense still has no identity. Did JaySam get a touch Sunday? Both TEs went out and I didn’t even see a play call for him. Players are not executing on offense. Plain and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Those who said this is a.500 team without be are wrong. We are worse than that.

As I said before Ben made up for many Tomlin flaws, however since we won a lot of games, Tomlin skated.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
All those premium picks used on defense. You rank 29th on defense after three weeks. What does that tell you?

Our coaching is atrocious. Seems we lost two of our best coaches in Mike Munchak and Darryl Drake.

Free Agent

Reaction score
I think the players have quit, as they've become frustrated with coaching. Something is seriously going on with this team.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Our coaching is atrocious. Seems we lost two of our best coaches in Mike Munchak and Darryl Drake.

While Coach Drake’s passing probably has impacted the young receivers, that’s obvious. But it’s not the cause of the slow start. As noted on a another thread, Munch’s current squad gave up 5-6 sacks. So if the ProBowlers forgot what Munch taught them Munch did as well. Guess he must suck as a coach.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
Munch is damn good, but he's not going to coach any 5 man unit to block 7-8 guys.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
While Coach Drake’s passing probably has impacted the young receivers, that’s obvious. But it’s not the cause of the slow start. As noted on a another thread, Munch’s current squad gave up 5-6 sacks. So if the ProBowlers forgot what Munch taught them Munch did as well. Guess he must suck as a coach.

Read my response to you re: your response to Indy and let me know if you think it makes sense.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Munch is damn good, but he's not going to coach any 5 man unit to block 7-8 guys.

What we'd call that is a logistical problem.

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score
I think the Super Bowl and the second appearance are really abirations based upon the drafting of Colbert and Cowher. I also think holdovers like Lebeau and BA knew what they were doing. Now BA would have gotten Ben killed but he could get a lot out of Ben. If I don't possibly believe Tomlin can get it done I honestly believe it is every fans duty to say it as loudly as they can. The sooner he is done the sooner this franchise can get back to where it should be.

I’m taking away your “man card” for suggesting Arians had a clue. (Joking)

Seriously, Roethlisberger’s health and productivity shot up soon as the guy who contributed to the shortened careers of Andrew Luck & Carson Palmer.

I personally hated Arians “the football coach” as did this message board going back to when he was here.

However it wasn’t Tomlin that manned up and fired him like Cowher would do. It was Rooney.

Tomlin doesn’t fire assistant coaches. And that is part of his problem, not making the tough calls when he should.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
70+ snaps on defense each past three games. No defense can keep points from being scored with that many plays. The league is set up for offense. Our offense is still looking for an identity and a minuscule amount of first downs. Even when Ben started the first two, there was no identity or rhythm much less 3dwn conversions.

How can blame be placed on the defense when they give the offense 5 turnovers and the offense scores 6 pts. Rudolph while playing and shows promise is learning and the offense still has no identity. Did JaySam get a touch Sunday? Both TEs went out and I didn’t even see a play call for him. Players are not executing on offense. Plain and simple.

You, sir, are a genius.

No sarcasm.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelin

Contributor
Reaction score
Tomlin should've been canned years ago. His mere presence is detrimental to the team. His coaching is nonexistent.