• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Proposed gun legislation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you think the supreme court would uphold it?

A lot of it, no, but I suspect that Roberts and his cronies will support the insurance, training at a minimum, meaning many thousands of dollars to own four firearms. Let's take a guy who has a shotgun, a bolt action or even single-round hunting rifle, and two pistols, one for him and one for his wife. That works out to:

$800 x 4 = $3,200
24-hour training x 2 = $1,500
Registration fees (remember the $800 is the insurance) x 4 = $1,600

Lookee here, government expects the citizen to pay $6,300 for exercising a ******* Constitutional right.

Most citizens will not pay that amount and be deemed criminals. If convicted, they are no longer eligible to own guns.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
The second amendment was written to arm the citizenry against tyranny, not hunting.

If jitter doesn't see them trying to take away our 2nd amendment rights at a breakneck speed, there's no hope for him. They've been slowly chipping away at it for decades. I'm in Commieforniastan and if I breathe the wrong way, I can get my FSC taken away from me and get thrown into jail. That's how crazy they've gotten over this issue. I know I don't need to tell you though, that's why you got outta here years ago.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
I know, like in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq.

Like in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq. I loved how the bad guys wore distinctive uniforms and stood out in the open for the conflict, like the Continental army, Napoleon's troops, etc. I mean, if they hid among the population and relied on hidden explosive devices, guerilla tactics, and the like, that **** would have been ugly.

Then why are (D)umbfucks so afraid of citizens having weapons? "*sob* Those terrible mass shootings." You are more likely to get killed by lightning than by a mass shooting.

So what's the real reason? Think for a change.

Why don't I ever see a reasoned retort to Steeltime's posts?

Hmm.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am a little dense today. I am confused by your response. Who is the the they you are referring to?

The Democrat tyrants and their supporters. We are not one nation anymore and most Democrats don’t even identify as Americans first anymore. If you believe in the Constitution, small government, and personal liberty the Democrats hate you you might as well face that fact.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
The Democrat tyrants and their supporters. We are not one nation anymore and most Democrats don’t even identify as Americans first anymore. If you believe in the Constitution, small government, and personal liberty the Democrats hate you you might as well face that fact.
most supporters of the Democrats today get their serotonin boost from likes on FB, not from paying attention to the needs of people.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
most supporters of the Democrats today get their serotonin boost from likes on FB, not from paying attention to the needs of people.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

You are Forgetting they also get it from rioting, looting, murder and arson.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
I doubt it’s meant to pass.
It’s purpose is likely to simply be so batshit crazy that anything less looks like a reasonable compromise.
Although we should all remember it because as crazy as it seems right now make no mistake that this and more is the ultimate goal.

I think there is a good chance it passes. All they need is 51 votes in the Senate, and they have that. Probably be a couple Pubbies jump on it too. I wonder how much training I'll be required to take. I spent 24 years in the Army, and in my current job I PROVIDE firearms training. I also have CCH, if that matters. Should be interesting to see the reaction to it, although I think it will be muted. I think people will ***** about it, but eventually will be indifferent to it all.

It's a shame. We send men and women to fight for rights and freedom around the world, then willingly give up rights and freedom at home. I think with the republic, people truly don't understand the great gift they have been given that they are so eager to piss away. It boggles the mind man.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I think there is a good chance it passes. All they need is 51 votes in the Senate, and they have that. Probably be a couple Pubbies jump on it too. I wonder how much training I'll be required to take. I spent 24 years in the Army, and in my current job I PROVIDE firearms training. I also have CCH, if that matters. Should be interesting to see the reaction to it, although I think it will be muted. I think people will ***** about it, but eventually will be indifferent to it all.

It's a shame. We send men and women to fight for rights and freedom around the world, then willingly give up rights and freedom at home. I think with the republic, people truly don't understand the great gift they have been given that they are so eager to piss away. It boggles the mind man.

Only if they remove the filibuster. Manchin might finally lose his base in WV if he passed this.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Then why are (D)umbfucks so afraid of citizens having weapons? "*sob* Those terrible mass shootings." You are more likely to get killed by lightning than by a mass shooting.

we should ban lightning

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
we should ban lightning

We should harness the power of lightning into power storage. I believe democrats in congress should lead the way by placing lightning rods on top of their heads during storms. I've heard it really works in storing energy in the body enough to run your tesla for weeks. I think Pelosi ,Schumer and AOC. Should lead the way and show us all the path to a green world.

I know AOC is game..

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
151974898_3455464894565852_8395718024532035449_n.jpg

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well a bunch of states will tell Biden to piss off. Only the oppressing rights states who already have infringement laws going on,will happily **** their law abiding citizens over some more.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The second resolution, HB 2111 was introduced by Rep. Leo Biasiucci (R-Lake Havasu City) to address the threat of federal infringement on the rights of Arizona residents. While it could not preclude federal law enforcement officers from enforcing those laws, it would bar state and local officials as well as law enforcement from using their personnel or financial resources to “to enforce, administer or cooperate with any act, law, treaty, order, rule or regulation of the United States government that is inconsistent with any law of this state regarding the regulation of firearms.”

The aim of the bill was to stop any move by the Biden administration to ban AR-15s and similar firearms, as well as so-called high-capacity magazines. Biasiucci introduced the bill not to violate federal law, but rather so that the state isn’t charged with enforcing those laws. He compared it to the fact that Arizona has legalized marijuana possession and currently doesn’t arrest or prosecute individuals even as the drug remains illegal at the federal level.

While critics of the bills have said it defies federal gun laws, Kavanagh said that is pretty much the point, and pointed to Democratic jurisdictions in many states that enacted laws that were similar to block the immigration policies of former President Donald Trump.

Sauce for the goose, *******.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to say **** Arizona. They rolled over and let the dems **** them in the *** during the election and did nothing about it whatsoever. Sleep in your ******* beds.