• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

QB Sleepers

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Going to start my positional evaluations. Might as well start with QB. As always I’ll try to have my big board out prior to the draft and as always The Nation is welcome to use anything they see fit for the site.

In no particular order.

Bailey Zappe

Pros- Fiery competitor, very cerebral, a ton of intangibles. Has functional athleticism. Can move in the pocket, keeps eyes downfield, but makes good decisions when scrambles. Has very good accuracy and ball placement. Huge production and comes up big in big games. Went 46/64 488 yards & 3/0 td/int vs Michigan State in a game Zappe kept them in.

Cons- Height at listed 6-1 is likely to be 6’ or less. Arm strength is at best average.

NFL comparison. Ceiling Drew Brees, Floor Duck Hodges, middle Case Keenum

Sam Hartman

Pros- Good athlete, looks to have an NFL caliber arm, improved accuracy, high character and team leader. Uses feet to move in the pocket and escape pressure. Definitely uses what is between his ears and learning an NFL offense should not be an issue.

Cons- listed at 6-1 but again I have my doubts. Accuracy has improved but vs Clemson was under 50% and for the season is only a tick above 60%.

NFL comparison. Ceiling Aaron Rodgers, floor Joshua Dobbs

Dustin Crum

Pros- sneaky athletic. Makes good decisions and keeps drives going. Decently accurate. Smart and puts it on the line for the team. Listed at 6-3 and I think that’s pretty accurate.

Cons- pretty average arm strength. His style of play might not translate to an NFL starter.

NFL comparison. Ceiling Steve Young, Floor Mark Malone.

Hendon Hooker

Pros- A+ athlete. NFL size at 6-4 228lbs.
Good accuracy and NFL caliber arm strength. Makes good decisions with the ball.

Cons- is a one year wonder. Needs to see it to read it, not much anticipation. Is a one read and done QB. Much like Jackson will have to design an offense around his legs and not to ask him to do too much.

NFL comparison. Ceiling a poor mans Lamar Jackson. Floor Quincy Carter. Middle Kordell Stewart.