• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Question about playoff seeding....

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
How are the cowboys not the #1 seed in the NFC? Shouldn't they hold the tie-breaker over the Seahawks? Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that head-to-head was the first tiebreaker...?

deljzc

Reaction score
Because Green Bay is also 12-4, the tie-breakers to separate THREE teams don't involve head-to-head match-ups. It's all about conference record I think.

Steel G

Reaction score
How are the cowboys not the #1 seed in the NFC? Shouldn't they hold the tie-breaker over the Seahawks? Forgive my ignorance, but I thought that head-to-head was the first tiebreaker...?

Because it was a three way tie between Hawks, Boys and Pack. When that happens, they can't use head to head so they go to best conference record between the three teams.

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Not in a 3 way tie... it came down to conf record

Three or more teams
(Note: If two teams remain tied after the third step or other teams are eliminated, tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-team format.)
1. Apply division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked team in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two wild-card participants.
2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one team has defeated each of the others or if one team has lost to each of the others.)
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.
7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9. Best net points in conference games.
10. Best net points in all games.
11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
12. Coin toss.

Omar10213245

πŸ‘€πŸ‘‚πŸŽƒπŸˆπŸ‡πŸ₯‘πŸ†πŸ‹πŸͺ‚πŸŒžπŸŒ›πŸŒœβ˜‚β˜”β„πŸŒŠπŸ₯΄πŸ€¬πŸ₯Ί
Contributor
Reaction score
ah I see, thanks guys

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I was hoping it would come down to a coin toss, Jerry Jones selects the eight of diamonds, and the Cowboys are booted from the playoffs.