• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

R I P Mike - nothing but love for you brother.

steelhurt

Reaction score
Slash, sorry for the loss of your friend. I lost my best friend this past August and it truly sucks.
RIP Mike.

Hoot

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you very touching. Thanks everyone. I think for me what is sad besides his son being without a father and the parents losing a son is that I feel it was just another person that I failed to help. Depression is so so powerful. I know we can't save everyone. Just would be nice to see one saved.
I coached a lot of kids over many, many seasons in baseball and football and got very close to some who had some really difficult times off the field. The two that we lost still weigh heavily on my heart. I feel you brother. Just know that you did make a difference along the way. Sadly, sometimes, things are beyond our influence no matter how much we do. I know that doesn't take the sting away, but I have no doubt you did help in ways you never realized. If you are close to the family, perhaps you can honor you friend and take his kid fishing or to a ballgame sometime.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sorry for the loss of your friend.