• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Raiders Backup QB Mariota on IR

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Typically, this wouldn’t matter, IF it wasn’t for who the third QB is there…. Nathan Peterman…. And we all know the Steelers record when facing the Raiders with a terrible QB with local ties….. (shudder)…. That guy is one Carr injury away from yet another “ how in the hell did we lose to that guy” loss haunting us… lol

Aussie_Steeler

Reaction score

Typically, this wouldn’t matter, IF it wasn’t for who the third QB is there…. Nathan Peterman…. And we all know the Steelers record when facing the Raiders with a terrible QB with local ties….. (shudder)…. That guy is one Carr injury away from yet another “ how in the hell did we lose to that guy” loss haunting us… lol
Isn't Nathan Peterman's main claim to fame throwing 5 interceptions in less than one half of football?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Isn't Nathan Peterman's main claim to fame throwing 5 interceptions in less than one half of football?
He was a developmental guy the bills threw in as a rookie and he looked about as bad as a qb could… he was horrible… just the kind of guy that would somehow magically rip our d to shreds for no logical reason lol

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
He was a developmental guy the bills threw in as a rookie and he looked about as bad as a qb could… he was horrible… just the kind of guy that would somehow magically rip our d to shreds for no logical reason lol
Sometimes we make those guys look like MVP's.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
So you are saying he wasn’t used correctly.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Sorry Madinsomniac, I can't buy into this. The STEELERS also have a mantra of killing new / rookie QBs and Peterman would be no exception. This is a completely different team than years past but I do hear what you are saying.

I will go out on a limb and say.................. : When they are hauling the 1st string QB off the feild from touching the ground to often, in the third quarter, Peterman will come in and finish out the stink. YES he will look better than he should but it will be in garbage time.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Sorry Madinsomniac, I can't buy into this. The STEELERS also have a mantra of killing new / rookie QBs and Peterman would be no exception. This is a completely different team than years past but I do hear what you are saying.

I will go out on a limb and say.................. : When they are hauling the 1st string QB off the feild from touching the ground to often, in the third quarter, Peterman will come in and finish out the stink. YES he will look better than he should but it will be in garbage time.

Salute the nation
Bruce Gradkowski…. Terrell Pryor….

Raiders + scrub Qb with pittsburgh roots= not great results….

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bruce Gradkowski…. Terrell Pryor….

Raiders + scrub Qb with pittsburgh roots= not great results….

I know the history but I'm NOT buying into it this time. Peterman will be on his back and unable to rip them up.

Salute the nation