• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ranking the Offensive Lines...Steelers #12

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Definately NOTHING against Villi but when our OL has been very bad to moderately bad to currently NOT bad it seems as if they should be rankled higher. That is a perception anyways. It's like having a 165 average bowling team bowling against 115average bowling team. The better one will look very good yet still NOT that good. Villi has a ways to go before he will make the pro-bowl, but I DEFINATELY am glad we have him !!!!!!

Salute the nation

TazManianDevil

Forefather
Reaction score
steelers will be ranked way higher as season goes on....we have top 3 OL in the game imho

chipped ham

Reaction score
I'm not huge on pro football focus, but to see what they had to say about DeCastro also shows how poor his play has been this year. I mean, we've all seen it. He started off rough against KC too. Love #66 but it's been hard to see why he got that big money so far.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Truth Chipped, when healthy and with DD playing at the level we have come to expect, this is a top line. Right now, I'd say the ranking is accurate. Middle of the pack pushing to be a top 10 line.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I'd say top 10.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Well remember we always used to say, with Ben and our weapons, if only our offensive line was just at least "average" we'd have a great offense. Well here it is

obxsteeler

Reaction score
In all honesty how good is PFF or any of the ranking services? Just another opinion by people whose qualifications you don't know.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
DeCastro looked very good in the opening game, then he's been above average except in the eagles asswhooping.

Overall I think top 10 is where the OLine is, closer to 10 than the top.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Like anything to do with rankings, they are argue able as to placement. Our OL isn't a detriment as in years past. They have improved and that improvement started near the same time MUNCH took over OL coach. I'd say they rank 12 at worst and 8 at best, but always # 1 in my STEELERS heart !!!!!!!

Salute the nation