• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Reparations

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
Ex-Wife #2 was a WOP. My son is a half Dago Guinie.

Nobody who was a slave is alive. Nobody that owned slaves is alive. There is no one to pay and no one to owe.

I know on one side of my family there was slave ownership. It ended 100 years before I was born and I feel no guilt about it. I am not ashamed of being white.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Does this mean every black person will get a piece, whether they are 1 or 100 y.o.? Just wondering how that will work. Will you have to prove your ethnicity?
Will the Rachel Dolezals of the world get a cut too? Will Ancestry.com be involved? So many questions I have.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ex-Wife #2 was a WOP. My son is a half Dago Guinie.

Nobody who was a slave is alive. Nobody that owned slaves is alive. There is no one to pay and no one to owe.

I know on one side of my family there was slave ownership. It ended 100 years before I was born and I feel no guilt about it. I am not ashamed of being white.

That's your son's better half lol...

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Does this mean every black person will get a piece, whether they are 1 or 100 y.o.? Just wondering how that will work. Will you have to prove your ethnicity?
Will the Rachel Dolezals of the world get a cut too? Will Ancestry.com be involved? So many questions I have.

What about the reparations that many have already received...welfare, government housing, food stamps, WIC, financial aid…etc. Can we deduct that from what is proposed?

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What about the reparations that many have already received...welfare, government housing, food stamps, WIC, financial aid…etc. Can we deduct that from what is proposed?

I would add having the opportunity to live in America to that list also..

Thats all my Guniea Wop Dago grandparents asked for ...

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
02northam-articleLarge-v3.jpg

Ralph Northam is very excited at the prospect

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Well given that reparations timeline has no end, every single person in the country could ask for it. Every single culture has been conquered or enslaved.

I suppose the Jewish community are owed the most. Not only did they spend thousands of years enslaved to the Egyptians, they also faced extermination by the Germans.

If you look at everything they've been focused on since day one, actual hard working Americans are dead last.

Just wait until they ramp back up weaponizing federal agencies against political dissenters. All that is going on now is a ramp up of what Obama started. They're going at break neck speed with little to no resistance.

Last edited:

Booted

Less-known member
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll gladly pay out reparations on one condition.

After they all get their money, they have to shut the **** up once and for all. Mo more guilt trips, no more blameing your life on the man. No more victimhood . Now that we're all squared up , you have move past slavery for good
Can't bring it up anymore . Can't use it as an excuse anymore. If they agree to that, them I'm all for paying reparations. But we know they'll never give up their crutch. So no. No reparations.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
My Mom's side of the family is Irish. Hopefully I will be compensated generously in the upcoming reparations sweepstakes.

DBS1970

I hate you all and I blame Ark for that.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's your son's better half lol...

While he did inherit great hair I wouldn’t go as far as saying that’s the better half. He only made it 5 foot 10.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Well given that reparations timeline has no end, every single person in the country could ask for it. Every single culture has been conquered or enslaved.

I suppose the Jewish community are owed the most. Not only did they spend thousands of years enslaved to the Egyptians, they also faced extermination by the Germans.

If you look at everything they've been focused on since day one, actual hard working Americans are dead last.

Just wait until they ramp back up weaponizing federal agencies against political dissenters. All that is going on now is a ramp up of what Obama started. They're going at break neck speed with little to no resistance.

Germany paid Israel "reparations." It was a pitance, but it was paid.

This whole thing is so retarded. I am only in favor of actual slaves getting the money, and only from actual slave owners. Ancestor stuff is stupid.

All this stuff is going to be the cause of the break up of the union. At least, I hope it is.

Steeler Pride

Bourbon Connoisseur
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I am only in favor of actual slaves getting the money, and only from actual slave owners..

I even disagree with that. We are judging the actions of 200+ years ago based on modern standards and current ideologies. The US is NOT the only country to have slavery in our history, it was a global custom of the period. What other historical customs should reparations be paid for? Should all of the decedents of the Salem Witch Trials get reparations? Where do you draw the line. Secondly, why should taxpayers that immigrated here after the abolishment of Slavery have to pay reparations when they obviously never owned slaves? The whole concept and argument is ridiculous and nothing more than ambulance chasing looking for some free money.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
I even disagree with that. We are judging the actions of 200+ years ago based on modern standards and current ideologies. The US is NOT the only country to have slavery in our history, it was a global custom of the period. What other historical customs should reparations be paid for? Should all of the decedents of the Salem Witch Trials get reparations? Where do you draw the line. Secondly, why should taxpayers that immigrated here after the abolishment of Slavery have to pay reparations when they obviously never owned slaves? The whole concept and argument is ridiculous and nothing more than ambulance chasing looking for some free money.

So, all of the former slaves and former slave owners are dead.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Germany paid Israel "reparations." It was a pitance, but it was paid.

This whole thing is so retarded. I am only in favor of actual slaves getting the money, and only from actual slave owners. Ancestor stuff is stupid.

All this stuff is going to be the cause of the break up of the union. At least, I hope it is.

Oh not nearly enough from Germany. Egypt owes a lot.

It's in jest mostly. Whenever I hear this bullshit, I think **** off. Debt paid in rivers of blood and destroyed lives. It was called the civil war.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yet another bill from Sheila Jackson Lee to unify America.

You highlight the genius of the amazing SJL. Some examples:

Asking if the Mars pathfinder had managed to "photograph the flag planted by Neil Armstrong."