• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT – JuJu Smith-Schuster Done for the Season

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel bad for JuJu too - personally, I don't know "why" he went down to strike the defender instead of simply jumping over him. Maybe he avoids the season ending injury???

Who's got Mike Wallace's number???

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Geez! How many chances has Josh Gordon had and KC just signed him.
Gordon MUST have some incriminating photos, not only of the Rog' but of a bunch of owners. How that guy gets signed over and over and over again...

Honestly, you'd think Bryant would have a valid legal argument that the the league (Rog) has colluded to keep him from playing when you see Gordon getting put on teams over and over.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
How the Steelers could add a capable receiver AND upgrade their kick-return game (which is badly needed):

Go after Bills' rookie WR Marquez Stevenson.

He's being stashed on short-term IR, and I bet could be had. The Bills already have six WRs on their roster, and if they put him on the practice squad he'd be grabbed in a minute. He was one of the two or three best kick-returners, and deep-threat WRs, in college football last year. And he had a long punt-return TD in preseason.

The Steelers should go for him. If nothing else, Coolie and my wife - two major University of Houston football fans - would be pleased. :)

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
I feel bad for JuJu too - personally, I don't know "why" he went down to strike the defender instead of simply jumping over him. Maybe he avoids the season ending injury???

Who's got Mike Wallace's number???
Unfortunately, he died. Morley Safer, too.

Oh....that one.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
How the Steelers could add a capable receiver AND upgrade their kick-return game (which is badly needed):

Go after Bills' rookie WR Marquez Stevenson.

He's being stashed on short-term IR, and I bet could be had. The Bills already have six WRs on their roster, and if they put him on the practice squad he'd be grabbed in a minute. He was one of the two or three best kick-returners, and deep-threat WRs, in college football last year. And he had a long punt-return TD in preseason.

The Steelers should go for him. If nothing else, Coolie and my wife - two major University of Houston football fans - would be pleased. :)
another very intelligent poster has been beating that drum since before the draft. I wonder who that might have been? I'll have to dig through the threads to find out...all I remember was that he was super smart and made excellent points

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Stevenson is on IR with a foot injury he reportedly already had when he broke a long punt return for a TD, so yeah, the Bills are stashing him there to prevent him being snatched off the practice squad

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
JuJu was already banged up. Having him run jet sweeps was just dumb. I see no way JuJu will come back to the steelers unless we get a high end QB and new OC unless Canada drastically improves. Last week was well done, will be interesting to see how they come out Sunday.

Ghost of Frenchy Fuqua

Reaction score
Stevenson is on IR with a foot injury he reportedly already had when he broke a long punt return for a TD, so yeah, the Bills are stashing him there to prevent him being snatched off the practice squad
Came across this from a Bills'-related website:

bkwheat28

Reaction score

It’s one thing to report something, but to go the extra mile and say surgery was successful?! What a dumbass. How do people like this keep their job when it requires some trust from the teams to be an “insider”. Remember when Ben mocked him for his “information”? Guy should be so embarrassed.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
If we can bring in someone with speed, who can catch. I don't care about running routes. Just someone to stretch the field here and there throughout the game other than Claypool and Diontae.
I imagine we will go with who we have and sign some nobody to the PS possibility.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
JuJu looked to be in a ton of pain leaving the field and I’m really disappointed to hear he’s out long-term. I did not envision his career with the Steelers going his way, particularly with how poorly they’ve used him. He’ll sign on with a team as a No. 2 and should return to putting up bug numbers again.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
In realty JUJU to many times seemed his mind was not on the game in Pittsburgh.

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Bryant was a head case….but man was he fun to watch play. He was dynamic when his brain functioned

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
In realty JUJU to many times seemed his mind was not on the game in Pittsburgh.
OK, I'll bite. Like when? Although many folks didn't like JuJu's TikTok antics, there has never, to my knowledge, been a reason to criticize his level of participation on the field. Heck, there's even been a few times when it seemed like JuJu was the only WR who had his head in the game. Dude has been, for the most part, steady and oftentimes clutch. I think that's been a detriment to him. In an age where fans want Fantasy Football numbers more than clutch plays and steady performance, JuJu hasn't delivered for there fantasy teams. But, he has delivered for the Steelers.

So, when were these "many times" that it "seemed his mind was not on the game"?

JMM

Gone Fishin'
Forefather
Reaction score
I'm right here. Can't you understand plain English
JuJu was one heck of a spark for us in the day and I'm really sorry to see him go out this way....(no way in hell he will be back)....Guessing similar surgery and recovery to Jake Guenztel who smashed his shoulder against the boards after getting tripped up.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Feel bad for juju but I Hope they turn a huge minus in to a plus gain but using more double tightend formations with muth in the slot… muth can be a dynamic passcatcher over the middle keeping the chains moving and a real force in the red zone. Being in the double TE should helpbwith blocking on runs. They say Necessity is the mother of invention! Could also use Harris in slot more often either way Go Steelers!

Reactions: JMM

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
JuJu was already banged up. Having him run jet sweeps was just dumb. I see no way JuJu will come back to the steelers unless we get a high end QB and new OC unless Canada drastically improves. Last week was well done, will be interesting to see how they come out Sunday.
I’m not sure YET, that Canada is the whole problem. He can not implement his O as long as Ben is the starter, it just does not mesh. With a new QB next year, who knows, maybe it works.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If Canada doesn't know you need a hurry-up/no-huddle scenario for your offense to have a chance to come from behind, then he IS the main problem. Canada calling a throw behind the line when we had 4th and goal from near the 10 and we needed to score to keep the game alive tells you Canada IS the main problem. And, he called the same play on 4th down and about the same distance the following week. I'm pretty sure Canada is the main problem right now with our offense. We have other issues but those right there are HUGE. Can Canada improve? Hopefully or he should be fired after 1 year. Can the O-line improve? I have no doubt they will. Will Ben all of a sudden be able to run like a gazelle? Definitely not but also not needed. Can Ben eliminate the few bad throws he has per game like every other QB in the game? Maybe but not likely. Can our receivers stop dropping balls and stop running the wrong direction? I sure hope so but it may take an offseason with all of them getting their own jugs machine as JuJu did after his 1st and again after his 2nd season.

Reactions: JMM

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ben is pretty upset about JuJu. He said he talked to him and his mom on Sunday night. I know many on here aren't JuJu fans but I am. I hope the Steelers have an ounce of integrity and at least offer JuJu a decent comeback/prove-it contract next year. JuJu gave up a lot more money and more opportunity to come back and play for the Steelers. Maybe he will turn them down but maybe he will stay. As Ben says, he's the best 3rd down WR we have and one of the best in the NFL. Dude is tough as nails and reminds me a lot of Hines Ward. He can run any route and play any WR position and he's a hard worker.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Ben is pretty upset about JuJu. He said he talked to him and his mom on Sunday night. I know many on here aren't JuJu fans but I am. I hope the Steelers have an ounce of integrity and at least offer JuJu a decent comeback/prove-it contract next year. JuJu gave up a lot more money and more opportunity to come back and play for the Steelers. Maybe he will turn them down but maybe he will stay. As Ben says, he's the best 3rd down WR we have and one of the best in the NFL. Dude is tough as nails and reminds me a lot of Hines Ward. He can run any route and play any WR position and he's a hard worker.

Oh I like him, I don't get some of the silly social media things, but I'm also old school. We needed a solid No.1 to pair with him like with had with Brown. DJ or Claypool have a shot at it. Claypool has the tools to be top 5 in the league I feel. But he's got to work his *** off to reach that level. Dude is a monster.

I do hope JuJu stays on the Steelers. They next qb is going to need someone he can count on.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I like JuJu and want to see him stay, but whether JuJu has some injury that has slowed him or if it's how the Steelers use him, it almost feels like he needs to move on to advance his career.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Remember we had Wallace , brown and Sanders. Brown = dionte,. , Wallace =claypool,,,. Maybe juju= Sanders,,. .

Anyway. , I'm hoping juju's absence brings about what I thought I expected from Canada's offense. Creative use of tight ends and RB's, moving them about, splitting them out etc.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I don't see the comparison of this group of wide receivers to the "Young Money" crew. Completely different skill sets.

JuJu's absence will hopefully mean more Freiermuth. He should be a matchup nightmare for defenses and it's time the Steelers start to exploit that. What we don't need is more plays designed to go to Snell or Ballage in the passing game.