• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Report of Ben’s last Season

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
No shocker here but Schefter tweeted…

Ben Roethlisberger privately has told former teammates and some within the organization that he expects this to be his final season playing quarterback for the Steelers, league sources told ESPN.

More coming ESPN’s Sunday NFL Countdown, with a special start time at 9 am ET.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

Think we all knew it but…

You think he’ll try to play somewhere else? I don’t see him doing that personally but who knows.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
I would hate it but I sure as hell would root for him if he did pick up with another team, especially if he made a Superbowl run with another team. Maybe if Big Ben won a Superbowl with another team Rooney would get the picture of how Tomlin sucks and screwed Ben's career.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the memories, Ben. Hopefully you don't end a great career on a 9-game winless streak.

alancac98

Reaction score
With what the Steelers did to the oline in the offseason (or what they didn't do), I'm not sure if I would have come back this year! Loved Ben and he has my utmost respect and admiration for his years of play for this team, but it would be in his best interests to leave. He has to see this team is going nowhere with Tomlin and Canada!!! Why be a part of this **** show beyond this year!

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
Thank God. I hope this is true and he's not playing Brett Favre games again like when he forced the team to draft Rudolph.

xjx

Reaction score
Ok. Now we know. What is the front office going to do? Bring in Mariota? Some other used qb? Do you think a trio of qb's like that can win playoff games?

Gildong Sack

Reaction score
I would hate it but I sure as hell would root for him if he did pick up with another team, especially if he made a Superbowl run with another team. Maybe if Big Ben won a Superbowl with another team Rooney would get the picture of how Tomlin sucks and screwed Ben's career.
LOL....Ben couldn't win a super bowl 10 years ago on this team....dude is not Brady, not by a light-year. He will win nothing no matter where he hypothetically goes. Just like Tomlin haters point out how Tomlin benefited from the Steelers org. so did Ben. Especially with the drafting of great wide receivers that made him look far better than he actually was, and legendary defenses to save his behind. Dude did nothing in first SB...SB 43 up until Arizona took the lead his offense had scored 13 points against a pathetic 9-7 Cardinals team with a weak defense. On the game winning drive it was the Santonio Holmes show including the first catch that Holmes took off his forearm and ending with the end zone catch. " But,...but, Ben threw it...! Yeah, so what? There was nothing special about that throw that many college and NFL QBs could make, it was the catch that was incredible.

I am not a Ben hater, dude has been a warrior for years, but he was what he was, and that was a very flawed QB that Todd Haley helped preserve. I said after SB 45 and even on this message board " We will never win another SB with Ben at QB." Just call me Nostradamus.

Let the new era begin.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
LOL....Ben couldn't win a super bowl 10 years ago on this team....dude is not Brady, not by a light-year. He will win nothing no matter where he hypothetically goes. Just like Tomlin haters point out how Tomlin benefited from the Steelers org. so did Ben. Especially with the drafting of great wide receivers that made him look far better than he actually was, and legendary defenses to save his behind. Dude did nothing in first SB...SB 43 up until Arizona took the lead his offense had scored 13 points against a pathetic 9-7 Cardinals team with a weak defense. On the game winning drive it was the Santonio Holmes show including the first catch that Holmes took off his forearm and ending with the end zone catch. " But,...but, Ben threw it...! Yeah, so what? There was nothing special about that throw that many college and NFL QBs could make, it was the catch that was incredible.

I am not a Ben hater, dude has been a warrior for years, but he was what he was, and that was a very flawed QB that Todd Haley helped preserve. I said after SB 45 and even on this message board " We will never win another SB with Ben at QB." Just call me Nostradamus.

Let the new era begin.
Did Ben bang someone close to you or something?

FSF

The Agile Financial
Reaction score

Let the new era begin.
This nominate this post for Coolies “Most Douche Bag Takes of 2021 award”

It’s fans like you that should be sentenced to watching every game from 1983-1991 and especially suffer through the Mark Malone years.

You’ll find out how much you miss #7 when he’s gone

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Fine with whatever Ben does and grateful for everything he has done for the team and fans. A HOF QB that I will for one miss when he isn't in a Steelers uniform. Thank you Ben 3 SBs , 2 SB wins, and a whole lot of memories.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
As I said before the season, I was going to enjoy every game Ben played, win or lose. It was clear it was going to be his last following the finish to last season and the contract he signed entering this season, so this report isn't exactly earthshattering news. I hope he saved the best football he has left for the final stretch.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said before the season, I was going to enjoy every game Ben played, win or lose. It was clear it was going to be his last following the finish to last season and the contract he signed entering this season, so this report isn't exactly earthshattering news. I hope he saved the best football he has left for the final stretch.
Go out in style. In a blaze of glory.😁

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Ben. I forgive you for not signing my football at camp all those years ago.

Sorry you had to compete against Goodell, the rules being built for marsha to win everything, and Tomliln.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

Let the new era begin.

We ain't winning dick with Tomlin as HC either. Ever. I'm waiting on that new era myself.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I hope so.
My fear is that he's going out having completed the first losing season of his career.
That is a very loosely defined stat. He's finished with a losing record in two of 18 seasons.

7-8 in 2006
0-2 in 2019

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score

Let the new era begin.
you must live in a state where weed is legal cause you gotta be frickin stoned to post some **** like this.