• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

REPORT: Steelers TE Eric Ebron expected to miss time with knee surgery

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Tuesday afternoon, Pittsburgh Steelers tight end, Eric Ebron took to social media and posted what looked like an emotional Instagram post foreshadowing the news ahead.

0A7F943B-2EA9-4672-A79C-33594828E6E7.jpeg

It looks like the knee injury that Ebron suffered Sunday night against the Los Angeles Chargers is going to force Ebron to need surgery.

Steelers TE Eric Ebron is expected to miss extended time as he braces for potential knee surgery, per source. Ebron, who got injured Week 11, is waiting on a second opinion but a procedure is the likely approach as of now.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) November 23, 2021

In a related move, the Steelers promoted tight end Kevin Rader from the practice squad to the 53-man roster.

More to come.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
The last couple of games he had shown up. He has made important catches and has been a solid lockeroom figure. Sucks this is happening now. I hope they activate Anthony Miller in place of McCloud for this Sunday.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
We’re better with Gentry on the field. With our weak OL the better blocker makes our team better.

Addition through subtraction, best injury news I’ve heard for the Steelers all year, maybe Maulet could tweak something soon cause he’s a dumpster fire out there too

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
The last couple of games he had shown up. He has made important catches and has been a solid lockeroom figure. Sucks this is happening now. I hope they activate Anthony Miller in place of McCloud for this Sunday.
I think it will be Sims

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I think it will be Sims
Yes like ive said before sims is a try hard player… like a smaller lesser ward or wayne cherbet… his measurables are lacking but he just gets the job done … hopefully he shows a reason that he should be on the field over rayray… who i simply don’t trust with the ball right now

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I never want to see a guy get injured, but this is the same dude bitching about not getting enough targets, etc, then he gets a few catches and it's off to the doc for an injury. Not that it's his fault, but jeezus, if it's not one thing it's another this year.

Joe

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
I never want to see a guy get injured, but this is the same dude bitching about not getting enough targets, etc, then he gets a few catches and it's off to the doc for an injury. Not that it's his fault, but jeezus, if it's not one thing it's another this year.

Joe
Just when he started showing signs of adequateness.