• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roethlisberger Injured

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
this offense isn't great with Ben. cant imagine how ****** it would run without Ben

Slight chance of seeing that Monday. I hope he is healthy enough to play (Ben).

Salute the nation

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
this offense isn't great with Ben. cant imagine how ****** it would run without Ben
I don't want to see Rudy running it that's for sure. But, if Ben is hurt he's hurting the team if he's not playing to his potential.

I hope he plays but Rudy better be ready...

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't want to see Rudy running it that's for sure. But, if Ben is hurt he's hurting the team if he's not playing to his potential.

A hell of a lot "BETTER READY" than our back up feild goal kicker was.!!

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Meh you all know that I have faith in Rudy but I still rather would have Ben play well

The one thing I don’t want to see is Rudy start … not because I don’t think he can cut it, because no matter the result that comes from it, it will cause some major. Kneejerk reactions from the media that will hang over the season

Ben is our best shot at a super bowl.. period

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Meh you all know that I have faith in Rudy but I still rather would have Ben play well

The one thing I don’t want to see is Rudy start … not because I don’t think he can cut it, because no matter the result that comes from it, it will cause some major. Kneejerk reactions from the media that will hang over the season

Ben is our best shot at a super bowl.. period
I would have said the same thing BUT...

After watching the performance of some of the backups in the league this year (Dallas, Jets, etc...) I wonder 'what' Rudy/Dwayne would look like? As long as Ben plays like the last 3 weeks we'll be fine (I think).

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I would have said the same thing BUT...

After watching the performance of some of the backups in the league this year (Dallas, Jets, etc...) I wonder 'what' Rudy/Dwayne would look like? As long as Ben plays like the last 3 weeks we'll be fine (I think).
Did you know earlier this year Rudolph actually was ranked quite well as a backup… now that might be saying something about the state of backup qbs.. but still last year he was rated in tge bottom ten in every major publication, but this year he was all top half… as high as sixth by nfl.com

The guy has some potential.. he does. But that doesn’t mean that even now he is even close to Ben’s stratosphere…

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
No one Wants to see Rudolph start though if it gets to that I bet he will do way better than most think.

SanDiegoSteeler

Reaction score
This is probably naive thinking but if the ratbirds and bungles lose sunday and ben ain't at least 90% give rudy a chance.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No one Wants to see Rudolph start though if it gets to that I bet he will do way better than most think.

I think you are right on this. When Rudolf had to start it was under Randy Fitchner toolage, not a good thing. Randy never opened up the play book or so we thought but found out Randy only had 14 plays in his playbook.

If Reindeer has to start I hope like hell they don't cut down his playbook or handicap play calls to him. Canada should be better at matching plays to Rudy unlike Fitchner did.

Ben will start.

Salute the nation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

A brief clip showing the offense practicing without Ben:

iu

Not promising.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
They should just list Ben on the injury report every week as OLD

Old guys are creaky

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

What? No love for Haskins today? 🙂