• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roethlisberger to practice Wednesday (10/14)

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
He will participate in 7 on 7 drills. Will go from there.

I could see Vick starting and Ben coming off the bench if needed. If he can't start.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
well, if he comes back, he's at home and can work out the kinks in a game that some here say doesnt matter.

steelhurt

Reaction score
It will depend on how he feels in these 7 on 7's. Can Ben protect himself? Will he be able to to move around without much discomfort and with the knee brace? Only Ben can tell the team how he feels and if he can maneuver about in the pocket, right?

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see no way Ben sees action this week unless Tomlin is a hell of a lot dumber than I think he is. Next week would be the earliest he should think about playing.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
It's apparent that the arrow is pointing up as far as his recovery is concerned. We don't live within our fears and believe that 7 will be football capable when ready. We own th tape on what he can do and we acknowledge that.

spencelisberger13

Reaction score
yup but if Ben goes out their and can't protect himself he may just be jeapordizing our whole season by trying to come back too early. I'm pretty sure Ben circled this game as soon as the schedulers made this happen since it is against Brucey's cardinals but Ben has to think of the big picture...we need him in November and December not in an October game against a non-division opponent. I hope Mike T puts his foot down and does the smart thing which is let Mike Vick build on the Chargers game and have Ben healthier and readier for KC the following week.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see no way Ben sees action this week unless Tomlin is a hell of a lot dumber than I think he is.
Ya... The potential is endless. ENDLESS!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
well, if he comes back, he's at home and can work out the kinks in a game that some here say doesnt matter.
I'm fine with that so long as the doctors say he is no more risk this week as next. I'm in the camp that this game is a throw away without him anyway. If he is at any greater risk this week, I say absolutely no. It is abundantly clear that the season is over if his season ends early.

blitzburghv5

Reaction score
I think even if the doctors say he can go, Tomlin will "game time decision" him and then hold him out the game 30 mins before kickoff.....Haley needs to script plays to Vicks strengths...that's it..don't get cute....

Troglodyte

Reaction score
If the Steelers were 1-4 and 0-3 with Vick, I suspect many of the people thinking Ben should sit out another week might think otherwise. But thinking they can afford a third loss this early in the season isn't that far from thinking they could afford a fifth.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If the Steelers were 1-4 and 0-3 with Vick, I suspect many of the people thinking Ben should sit out another week might think otherwise. But thinking they can afford a third loss this early in the season isn't that far from thinking they could afford a fifth.
Really. That is some amazing logic. A third is not that different from a fifth. So hell I guess the Ravens at 1-4 are practically tied with the Bengals at 5-0. No one here is saying that if he is good to go, by the doctors, that this is just a meaningless throw away game and save him for saving him sake. But the initial prognosis was 4-6 weeks. 3 is substantially early. If he can't move properly or his knee isn't as stable as it will be next week then he sits. Winning last week afforded the team that possibility. You can lose 6 games in a season and still easily make the playoffs. 7 and you need a lot of luck. If Roethlisberger is hurt for the season it is as much over as if they were 0-5 now. Clearly this team cannot win anything more than a few games against weaker opponents without him.

Sarge

Contributor
Reaction score
When you are 2 games down in the division with the potential to be 3 after Sunday, there are no throw away games. Tie breakers are useless if you aren't in a position to use them.

oicu8ad

Reaction score
When you are 2 games down in the division with the potential to be 3 after Sunday, there are no throw away games. Tie breakers are useless if you aren't in a position to use them.

Quoted for truth!

ZACKB

Reaction score
Any reports on how Ben looked at practice?

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
I remember the year he played on the really bad ankle. For several games he just threw within several seconds to
prevent ever getting hit. It worked then.

ZACKB

Reaction score
Plenty of qb's are statues in the pocket. Ben as a statue is better then Vick healthy.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
He apparently was able to throw a few deep passes, but he ran the scout team so there's not much to say.

He ran scout team? He must have had 400yds and 4TDs against our D... ;)