• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roethlisberger’s teammates showing support of new deal

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
After a tortuous past several weeks for Pittsburgh Steelers fans being left in the dark over the Ben Roethlisberger contract situation, all of Steeler Nation can finally rest easy now as the future Hall of Fame quarterback is locked up for at least one more season. While this news may not be joyous for all, it appears it’s most joyous for the people who matter most … his teammates.

Check out some of the player reactions to Roethlisberger’s new contract on social media below:

Minkah Fitzpatrick​

image3-3.jpeg

Diontae Johnson​

image1-12.jpeg

Eric Ebron​

image0-36.jpeg

JuJu Smith-Schuster (comment section)​

image2-3.jpeg

We love to see it! Are yinz just as happy as these guys? Let us know in the comment section below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Ebron loves Ben as his QB.

JuJu saying "now let's talk" leads me to believe the Steelers haven't even engaged his agent in any discussions yet. I hope they are able to keep him.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score

JuJu saying "now let's talk" leads me to believe the Steelers haven't even engaged his agent in any discussions yet. I hope they are able to keep him.
With Dionte and Claypool, and our ability to find WR's, I don't know how much we'd really be willing to pay JuJu.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I think they have engaged but couldn't do anything definite .................. so now "lets talk" meaning they can get to seriousness.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With Dionte and Claypool, and our ability to find WR's, I don't know how much we'd really be willing to pay JuJu.

Somewhere along the line a tough choice needs to be made considering our cap. Maybe a restructure might get it done. Our FO has its work cut out for them. Roethlisberger is one step forward.

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

How could they? Everyone knew they had to rework these deals before they could do any new contracts with free agents.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
There's always the possibility that Ben took the $5M paycut this year to help get them closer to being able to make an appropriate offer to JuJu. I mean, Ben was vocal about wanting him back.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense
There's always the possibility that Ben took the $5M paycut this year to help get them closer to being able to make an appropriate offer to JuJu. I mean, Ben was vocal about wanting him back.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
Where were these players when Ben was getting killed by the press and our owner, GM????
They themselves have to be careful about their respective positions with the team. What if they come out strong for Ben then Ben gets cut? How do you put that back in the bottle? Or what if their remarks put added pressure or blowback on the organization...does that impact their next contract offer? I understand why players tend to let these things be between the player and the team. Doesn’t mean they weren’t hoping for this all along and it doesn’t mean they weren’t showing support directly to Ben.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I think JuJu could earn huge rep is he took a one year team friendly offer. Play his *** off and be a good soldier and get paid big the next year when we have room. It would skyrocket his online stock.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I love JuJu but with DJ Claypool and Washington signed. do we really need him? I would put the money into rebuilding the run game. oline or rb. get a 3rd or 4th for losing JuJu in comp picks.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Have DJ, Claypool and Washington really proven themselves?
1. DJ still hasn't shown he's capable of starting out a game with his head on straight and ready to go. Not to mention the drops.
2. Love me some Claypool but he tailed off as the season wore on. He also, as someone else mentioned, doesn't give you the contested catches that you'd expect from someone his size. Had trouble with press coverage too. How much of that he can fix in his second season may determine whether or not we view losing JuJu as a major detriment.
3. Washington ... So far, he's been a little better than Just Another Guy. Yeah, he catches most of what's thrown to him, but, he also lost playing time to Ray Ray McCloud. Maybe it's because he doesn't get targeted as often when he's in the game, but it seems like he just disappears for long stretches and then pops up with the occasional big play. That's not "reliability".

*Bonus - There's this idea floating out there that Ray Ray McCloud sees more time in the slot as a replacement for JuJu. Really?! That's what we're hoping for? That Ray Ray McCloud can produce on a JuJu level? smh

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am less concerned about Claypool, that tail off I contribute to the rookie wall. His season overall was pretty impressive. The guy coming in had a solid off the field trainer and I fully expect that he will put in the work to take that second year step up. It would be head turning for me to not see that prediction develop. He showed he has the talent and work ethic.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Where were these players when Ben was getting killed by the press and our owner, GM????
I can see them being quite on the owner / GM but they should scream loud and clear on the press.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Ben was vocal but after this journey of BEN's new contract, BEN may very well be more aware of the predicament the cap situation is in. I still think there are some more extensions going to happen before all plays out. A lot can happen in the next ten days.

Salute the nation

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Tell Ebron to focus on actually catching the damn ball. And I'm over JuJu, he's not a game breaker, unless you count costly fumbles.
Or talk about extra first class superbowl trips long before you even make the playoffs.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Or talk about extra first class superbowl trips long before you even make the playoffs.
Tell Ebron to focus on actually catching the damn ball. And I'm over JuJu, he's not a game breaker, unless you count costly fumbles.

Or roll out the "RED" carpet "HOT" "POKER"

Salute the nation

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Have DJ, Claypool and Washington really proven themselves?
1. DJ still hasn't shown he's capable of starting out a game with his head on straight and ready to go. Not to mention the drops.
2. Love me some Claypool but he tailed off as the season wore on. He also, as someone else mentioned, doesn't give you the contested catches that you'd expect from someone his size. Had trouble with press coverage too. How much of that he can fix in his second season may determine whether or not we view losing JuJu as a major detriment.
3. Washington ... So far, he's been a little better than Just Another Guy. Yeah, he catches most of what's thrown to him, but, he also lost playing time to Ray Ray McCloud. Maybe it's because he doesn't get targeted as often when he's in the game, but it seems like he just disappears for long stretches and then pops up with the occasional big play. That's not "reliability".

*Bonus - There's this idea floating out there that Ray Ray McCloud sees more time in the slot as a replacement for JuJu. Really?! That's what we're hoping for? That Ray Ray McCloud can produce on a JuJu level? smh
1. True he had some games with some drops but seemed to turn it around towards the end of the season. He will be ok.
2. Did you not watch the last Browns game? Looked like a monster. He made Rudolph look really good. He was a rookie and had some games he was non existent but it wasn’t all on him.
3. He fell out of the game plan because of the play of Johnson and Claypool at the beginning of the season. We were on a role and looked good on offense so why try to mess it up. He obviously started getting playing time when all the drops started to happen with Johnson. He’s a really good #3.
4. You’re right Ray ray is no Ju ju.

We will be fine if we lose Juju. The issue isn’t our receivers and even Ben in my opinion. It was horrible play from our line, RB’s, and creativity on offense. Teams weren’t afraid of us running the ball so started playing off the line. We were predictable on offense and didn’t adjust properly when teams started to figure out how we were playing.

Last edited:

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
1. True he had some games with some drops but seemed to turn it around towards the end of the season. He will be ok.
2. Did you not watch the last Browns game? Looked like a monster. He made Rudolph look really good. He was a rookie and had some games he was non existent but it wasn’t all on him.
3. He feel out of the game plan because of the play of Johnson and Claypool at the beginning of the season. We were on a role and looked good on offense so why try to mess it up. He obviously started getting playing time when all the drops started to happen with Johnson. He’s a really good #3.
4. You’re right Ray ray is no Ju ju.

We will be fine if we lose Juju. The issue isn’t our receivers and even Ben in my opinion. It was horrible play from our line, RB’s, and creativity on offense. Teams weren’t afraid of us running the ball so started playing off the line. We were predictable on offense and didn’t adjust properly when teams started to figure out how we were playing.
The thing is if Juju leaves they will draft another WR. And we know if there is a position that can produce early and often out of the gates it is WR. Then you add into it the Steelers ability to draft and I am confident they will draft a capable wideout. But as many of us said all the way up to the owners..that Oline/RB formula needs fixing. If these ******* get creative they can bring in a C as well as a T. Hopefully they will double up at each position and inject some competition on the weakest link of T/C/RB.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I think JuJu could earn huge rep is he took a one year team friendly offer. Play his *** off and be a good soldier and get paid big the next year when we have room. It would skyrocket his online stock.
Or he could get huge coin when some idiot GM massively overpays

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
The thing is if Juju leaves they will draft another WR. And we know if there is a position that can produce early and often out of the gates it is WR. Then you add into it the Steelers ability to draft and I am confident they will draft a capable wideout. But as many of us said all the way up to the owners..that Oline/RB formula needs fixing. If these ******* get creative they can bring in a C as well as a T. Hopefully they will double up at each position and inject some competition on the weakest link of T/C/RB.
True. Yea I could see Rogers from Clemson in the 4th. More and more I look at the draft if Harris or Etienne are their in the 1st then I would take them. Too expensive to being in a FA. Then take either the best of the two in the 2nd which would be a center or tackle. I would also fine with Williams from NC if we decided to go RB in the 2nd.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Deonte Johnson will be a way better "HANDS" receiver than last year. He proved to himself (most importantly) that practice practice practice ...... pays off. I see him working hard this off season and he will be talking to other "pros" who will tell him things he should focus on including a JUGGs regime.

Chase Claypool had a SPECTACULAR year even though the OC forgot the long ball game. Our offensive line was disaterous and lowered the mid to long throwing to nearly nothing. I see this changing with the revamped emphasis on the run game and the addition to the OL scheme as well. Better blocking = more time for BEN.

Washington is and will be a great #3 receiver. The few chances he had he showed he can catch. Didn't anyone notice down the stretch BEN started relying on him more due to his consistancy in making the cach, even while in combat situations.

JuJu is gone in my "GUT" opinion. Even in my spirit world there was ONLY one scenario where we were able to keep him. There is quite a bit of scuttlebutt saying there will be a HUGE saturation of VET players come March 17 and maybe the hopes is JuJu will find his value is less than expected. If that turns out to be the case there is an outside chance the STEELERS make a play for him.

As for the rest of the team, TRUST and PATIENCE is the best I can offer. Admitting there is a problem (run game) is always the start of repair and it appears as the FO is serious on that repair. The new coaching components should be a plus pending on how much meddling the HC does.

Salute the nation