• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Roquan Smith

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It’d be sweet to land him but just too spendy for inside backer
That's about where I am as well. Good player and would be an asset for the defense, but they are spending a ton on that side of the ball and I'd rather invest some of those cap dollars on the offensive line next year.

Atlsteelers

Reaction score
Not sure if they make the trade but they need to do something. Miles Jack looked good but Bush and Spillane didn’t look good at all against the run or pass. I like the kid Robinson but he looked out of place in the passing game against Deejay.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
Time to consider trading DJ and bush for Smith after watching the defense again just get carved up we are officially desperate for a good run stuffer… we have receivers we know now the Georgia comet is the real deal so package up bush and DJ and let’s get it on!

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Time to consider trading DJ and bush for Smith after watching the defense again just get carved up we are officially desperate for a good run stuffer… we have receivers we know now the Georgia comet is the real deal so package up bush and DJ and let’s get it on!
I would not give up DJ. I would consider Claypool and Bush. We still need an experienced #1 WR which is DJ. Pickens looks ready for #2 already, but we may not need a defense if we have DJ, Claypool, and Pickens.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
I would not give up DJ. I would consider Claypool and Bush. We still need an experienced #1 WR which is DJ. Pickens looks ready for #2 already, but we may not need a defense if we have DJ, Claypool, and Pickens.
“May not need a defense” ??? What team you following??? Defense wins championships!! Harris not DJ is the focus of this offense and DJ is not cheap trade him now it’s a good trade for both players… he’d be the focus over at Chicago…. Put smith in with jack and forget about it! The bears arent taking bush and clay for smith he had like 160 tackles last year he’s one best linebackers in football. After watching the defense against seattle the run defense is going sink the boat. Bungals, bums, shitbird all run damn good… the play action is killing us with bush on the field it freezes the whole defense. how the *** it is that we can’t stop the run seems to be lost on coach tomlin. Maybe he thinks “we might not need a defense” too… watching bush last night was a continuation of last season. Smith has played 4 seasons hasn’t had year were he didn’t have 100 tackles and had 163 last year. Some clown said he didn’t have the numbers what numbers you need? He’s have 300 tackles in last 2 years! I’m not for big for giving moneys to an inside backer but damn the spot were in can we can’t afford not to lay out some stacks?? Give him DJ‘s money be a money for money trade. GoSteelers!

Last edited:

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
DJ signed a contract but it’s not cheap the fact is there just won’t be room for him and Pickens it’s only a matter of time before someone ******* he ain’t getting the ball enough the focus of this offense is Harris not DJ trade him now it’s a good trade for both players… he’d be the focus over at Chicago…. Put smith in with jack and forget about it! The bears arent taking bush and clay for smith he had like 160 tackles last year he’s one best linebackers in football.
They actually complement each other very well in my opinion. The one sticking out like a sore thumb is Claypool, unfortunately he won't command much right now in the open market, a late 3rd with some luck

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
“May not need a defense” ??? What team you following??? Defense wins championships!! Harris not DJ is the focus of this offense and DJ is not cheap trade him now it’s a good trade for both players… he’d be the focus over at Chicago…. Put smith in with jack and forget about it! The bears arent taking bush and clay for smith he had like 160 tackles last year he’s one best linebackers in football. After watching the defense against seattle the run defense is going sink the boat. Bungals, bums, shitbird all run damn good… the play action is killing us with bush on the field it freezes the whole defense. how the *** it is that we can’t stop the run seems to be lost on coach tomlin. Maybe he thinks “we might not need a defense” too… watching bush last night was a continuation of last season. Smith has played 4 seasons hasn’t had year were he didn’t have 100 tackles and had 163 last year. Some clown said he didn’t have the numbers what numbers you need? He’s have 300 tackles in last 2 years! I’m not for big for giving moneys to an inside backer but damn the spot were in can we can’t afford not to lay out some stacks?? Give him DJ‘s money be a money for money trade. GoSteelers!
I was joking with the may not need a defense but if Claypool has his head on right stopping DJ, Claypool and Pickens will be tough not to mention PF and Harris.
I still would not trade our experienced #1 WR when we have a new QB and not much WR experience.
Yes Bush stinks, but how much is he going to play? We were in the base D less than 50% of the time and you have to think Jack will be the #1 MLB and Bush might not even be #2. The D is very thin everywhere bringing in one player is not going to fix it. We just have to hope to stay relatively healthy or poach some upgrades after roster cuts