• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Rudolph’s Goal Is To Be The Steelers Starting QB

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
In a Zoom interview with reporters, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, Mason Rudolph stated that his goal is to be a starting quarterback — specifically adding for the Steelers. Which to be frank, is a very obvious goal no matter how individual fans view Rudolph’s future with the team.

“My goal is to be a starting quarterback in this league and for our team,” he said. “I’m working towards that goal every single day. I can only control myself and the way I prepare and the way I approach and play in OTAs and camp. And that’s on the forefront of my mind, I’m not worried about ’22 or anything like that. I’m trying to live in the moment and be the best I can be for my team.”

With Rudolph being the only quarterback on the Steelers roster next year, he is obviously the odds on favorite to be their starter. However, there are many unknowns whether it be Ben Roethlisberger returning for another season or outside additions. Hell, maybe even Dwayne Haskins. Who knows?

Regardless, it is a good thing that Rudolph wants to be on the Steelers and help the team any way he can now, as well as continuing to improve to eventually take over the offense in the coming seasons.

Rudolph also talked about how he received a new contract right around the 2021 NFL Draft and how he appreciated the vote of confidence. He also stated that it doesn’t change how he will continue to try and improve each and every day.

“It’s always good to get a vote of confidence from your team, referring to his new contract. “I think still my approach is proving myself every single day, whether that’s in an OTA when really only doing seven on seven live or that’s in training camp or throughout the season. So it hasn’t changed my mindset. Obviously it’s a vote of confidence, it’s encouraging and Pittsburgh is a place where I want to be for a long time. I love the whole organization here. It’s home. That was exciting but it doesn’t change my approach.”

Regardless how you feel about Rudolph and his ability to be a quarterback in this league, there is no doubting that his mindset is correct for the position he is currently in. We should all look forward to continuing to see him improve as he may just be taking the first snap under center in 2022 for the Steelers.

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
any other mentality than wanting to be the best they can be (or, the starter) by any player on the squad and it should be hit the bricks time
Exactly, if you are content to be a backup and pick up a cheque. Buy buy. Dan Mccullers was unbelievable. But to be fair not his fault he stayed so long.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Rudolf has the right attitude and his skill set is higher than most here give him credit for. 19' was a ****** up year all the way around from the "Fitchner" folly to the head helmet banging and musical QBs and the injuries.

I think Mason Rudolf is an asset to this team and only time & situation will tell.

Salute the nation

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
fiji already said my opinion, I'll just add that he might become a playoff level QB

steelhurt

Reaction score
I’ve always liked the young Mr. Rudolph and really liked what we saw in that regular season game in Cleveland. He played well and showed that he made good progress. I think he could do well in Canada’s offense and with a decent OL which is yet to be determined. The OL that is!
I like his attitude and confidence and willingness to get better. If Ben were to miss time I’m ok with him as my starter under Canada. The biggest ? mark has to be the OL no matter who the QB is. I’m concerned about center and both tackles and hope to God DeCastro is healthy again. Big Dot I’m looking forward to his play this year.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
fiji already said my opinion, I'll just add that he might become a playoff level QB
I agree. Franchise. Doubtful. Playoff I think is well within the reach. And if you are in you can win. He could easily be an O'Donnell.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Man people woefully underestimated what he was doing pre concussion in 2019... those early numbers were really good for a first time starter... afterwards it was a mess, but that was a lot to do with fitchners offense collapsing as it did all three of his seasons here... I don’t think any qb could salvage much from that mess....

Ruldolph isn’t going to be ben 2.0, but as someone recently said to me, he could be a slightly better O’Donnell 2.0 and that guy could have won a super bowl....

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
Rudolf has the right attitude and his skill set is higher than most here give him credit for. 19' was a ****** up year all the way around from the "Fitchner" folly to the head helmet banging and musical QBs and the injuries.

I think Mason Rudolf is an asset to this team and only time & situation will tell.

Salute the nation
Don't forget about the helmet to helmet hit he took from Earl Thomas, he never really recovered from that...

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have frustration-ranted on Rudolph, but that was really an attack on Randy and MR just took the brunt of it. I have always believed that we don't really know what he can do because the situations he's been put in haven't been terribly conducive to success.

As always, looking forward to seeing what everyone on the team can do. Most happy when they succeed.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Coach Randy was an utter failure really... he had some fools gold starts to seasons but the second teams deciphered what he was trying it was really messy... especially in the run game

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
Glad he has the drive and want to be the starting QB one day. if he didn't, he'd be getting on with his life's work after football. Whether his talent gets him there is another story.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
Always loved Rudolph's moxie. Hope he succeeds.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Always loved Rudolph's moxie. Hope he succeeds.

YOU and I both !!! Regardless of popularity of any player I want them to succeed even if I said they wouldn't amount to anything. Believe me when I say this...........................

I will gladly eat CROW (well done w/garlic tobasco sauce) anytime when said player succeeds.

Salute the nation

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Besides, any guy who will go right after a Browns D-Lineman AFTER being clubbed in the head with his own helmet... He's a guy I want in the fight with me.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The EARL Thomas helmet to helmet was the closer on Rudolf's 19' season. Funny thing is.... thomas never even got a penalty yet alone a fine for that. How many times has Br*dy been grazed and wednesday morning we read $10,000,000.00 fine for br*dy hit?

It's a wonder I watch less and less football (just STEELERS only)

Salute the nation

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
tenor.gif