• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Ryan Clark Non-Committal on Steelers Super Bowl Chances with Ben Roethlisberger

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
good write up Matt, thank you

I think Ryan Clarke didn't want to step out on a limb. I think he stayed with in reason and never made a BOLD prediction this early as TC hasn't even happened yet.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
We feel Big Ben will be back to normal, but we still have to see it on the field. I think a neutral stance is understandable.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Even with Big Ben back to normal...the dude is in the twilight of his career. I am hopeful that he can bring us another trophy or two...maybe three...:), but the odds are against that. Tomlin wasted the best of Ben's career. We can only hope for Ben to be more than what most players can bring at his age. A few greats have done it....Ben is a GREAT. So I have the confidence that he can do the job.....but he will need help from everyone.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Even with Big Ben back to normal...the dude is in the twilight of his career. I am hopeful that he can bring us another trophy or two...maybe three...:), but the odds are against that. Tomlin wasted the best of Ben's career. We can only hope for Ben to be more than what most players can bring at his age. A few greats have done it....Ben is a GREAT. So I have the confidence that he can do the job.....but he will need help from everyone.

That's the thing stillwright, Ben will actually have people who can help. It seems that the TEAM was always short of something (including Tomlin) but this current team is stacked. If BEN happens to win it all this year,......... Does he retire? I think he does and YES I know I'm getting way to far out there to be worried of retirement. Let's have him win this one and surprise US with another.

Salute the nation

chipped ham

Reaction score

Peyton Manning was a complete gimp when he won in ‘16 with Denver. And I think this defense has a chance to put together something pretty spectacular. If Ben were to play even how he did in his early years (20+ pass attempts a game, but a precise, and striking passing game), I think this team can make some serious noise. Hell, how many close losses last year did we walk away thinking that even a 50% Ben wins that game (San Fran, first rats game, Bills, Jets)?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
The extra team gets in now. Captain 500 has a shot every year now!

I didn't realize that the new format started this year. A team that actually deserves to get in now will..or a sub 500 team will. I guess we will see how it all works.

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I am also non-committal on Steelers Super Bowl chances this year.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Ben is a huge factor in changing plays at the line, something Rudolph and Duck did not do. That is a huge factor in keeping D's guessing when you go to the line. If Ben is healthy and can play similar to how he did before starting to have pain (which was prior to the beginning of last season), this O will be a ton better. Just having him back will make the O-line look better, the WR's look better, the TE's look better and the RB's look better.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't forget Ben is a huge factor in changing plays at the line, something Rudolph and Duck did not do. That is a huge factor in keeping D's guessing when you go to the line. If Ben is healthy and can play similar to how he did before starting to have pain (which was prior to the beginning of last season), this O will be a ton better. Just having him back will make the O-line look better, the WR's look better, the TE's look better and the RB's look better.

YOU forgot to add The COACHING looking better as well.

Salute the nation