• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Saints' Michael Thomas gets PAID. . .

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
5 years, $100 million, $61 million guaranteed. ol' Antonio isn't gonna be too pleased to hear this

giphy.gif

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-wr-...ordbreaking-contract-extension-124456471.html

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw Thomas in several games last year and he was just so dominant. With his size, speed and the fact that he catches anything remotely near him, he was uncoverable.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I hope by midseason people stop posting about him.

ONLY way that would happen if A clown explodes of the face of football creating more post(s). When AB falls down, many here are going to kick him. I hear yaz though slash, he is gone and good riddance but the way he left has many a sour taste.

Salute the nation

steelhurt

Reaction score
That’s ridiculous! No receiver is worth that much. These guys come and go and are mostly the products of the offenses they’re in and if blessed by franchise QB’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
If Brees was younger i could see this, but i don't see Brees playing 5 more years. An elite WR can not carry a team against a good D / game plan. Brees is also probably 1 injury away from retirement so this signing is a risk. I do have a soft spot for Thomas though because he won me $1k in a fanduel contest so i hope it all works out for him

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That’s ridiculous! No receiver is worth that much. These guys come and go and are mostly the products of the offenses they’re in and if blessed by franchise QB’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

A clown has a different opinion. REALITY was ab was broke and wanted more money in signing bonus. As he puked his way out of town, the STEELERS were forced to give him his $21mil. That solved his immediate money woes but eventually his spending will have him right back to where he was with us.

Billionaire life style on a Millionaire salary........................... AS said, **** ab

Salute the nation

Vader

Reaction score
A clown has a different opinion. REALITY was ab was broke and wanted more money in signing bonus. As he puked his way out of town, the STEELERS were forced to give him his $21mil. That solved his immediate money woes but eventually his spending will have him right back to where he was with us.

Billionaire life style on a Millionaire salary........................... AS said, **** ab

Just a quick point. The Steelers paid him the money a couple of years ago. It just hit the cap this year because he was traded. The actual money is long gone but the trade moved all of his contract money up to this year.

Now you can continue with your **** ab post.... BTW **** AB.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
not so long ago that was QB money.

Cap goes up virtually every year. If the owners are making money hand over fist, I guess the players should eventually benefit. He has gotten off to an amazing start to his career.
Corey Coleman 61 rec 789 yards 5 tds
Will Fuller 107 rec 1561 yards 13 tds
Josh Doctson 81 rec 1100 yards 8 tds
Laquon Treadwell 56 rec 516 yards 1 td
Sterling Shepard 190 rec 2286 yards 14 tds

total 495 rec 6252 yards 41 tds 12.6 yards/ catch for the 5 receivers all taken ahead of him in the draft

Mike Thomas 321 rec 3787 yards 23 tds 11.8 yards/ catch

pay the man

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL is a money making machine. No other sport even comes close to the fanfare, tailgating, draft coverage, tv coverage, advertising dollars and fantasy football followings.
The kid just signed a 5yr 100 million with only 61 guaranteed to play a sport where your injury risks are multiplied exponentially compared to any other sport.

Baseball Trout $430 million over 12 years guaranteed
Basketball max contracts climbing into the 30 plus million per year
Soccer Messi , Ronaldo $$$$$$$ hell Messi made 111 million in 2017 alone with salary, bonuses and endorsements included

I get that the rosters are smaller and that the seasons are longer.
Salaries continue to climb fact of life

I would take a productive 26 year old at 20 million/ year in this sport ahead of the head case twins OBJ and AB anyday

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Now the Steelers have an idea as to what Ju-Ju will be asking for.

Troglodyte

Reaction score

No. The Steelers have not given him a dime since December.

Vader

Reaction score

What's more ridiculous is that some on this board wanted to pay Bell top RB and WR money. Imagine that cap hell that would have brought.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No. The Steelers have not given him a dime since December.

Thanks to Vader as he got me on the right track on this. I guess I misinterpreted how the gauranteed money was paid out. Makes the A clown incident even more ****** up.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
What's more ridiculous is that some on this board wanted to pay Bell top RB and WR money. Imagine that cap hell that would have brought.

Those who wanted him are pretty silent these days. CAP HELL indeed, COULDN"T get rid of those two AZZhats fast enough. NOW you've got a mysterious "hurt" A clown not showing up to practice. WHAT is wrong with him and I don't mean physically but I do mean mentally???

GOOD RIDDENCE meMEme twins

Salute the nation