• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Saquon Barkley trade?

FordFairLane

Reaction score

MT~Forged

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
While I have tempered my criticism of last years Draft picks, I still am pissed at their “stand pat” position before the Draft last year.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't want Zeke. Barkley, when healthy (that's been his problem) and playing for a legit offense (another one of his problems) is one of the best RB's in the NFL. It's a shame the Giants have basically wasted his career with no team built around him.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
RB is one of the few positions that aren't a need. We need too many other players to waste even a fourth on Barkley. Another issue is health. The guy just can not stay healthy and i think it already has taken a toll on his body / performance. The Steelers also don't know how to use multiple RBs. Either Barkley or Najee would get very limited carries. So you are either wasting a 4th for a backup RB or having your first round pick from last year sitv on the bench

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Don't want Zeke. Barkley, when healthy (that's been his problem) and playing for a legit offense (another one of his problems) is one of the best RB's in the NFL. It's a shame the Giants have basically wasted his career with no team built around him.

We had a QB named Ben Roethlisberger who for the last ten years played for the Pittsburgh Steelers under Coach Michael Tomlin.

Salute the nation

livingthrudying

Reaction score

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Yeah but by the time you get him he is used like a 32 year old ho.
Nah teams bail on guys after their first contract or near tge end all the time

A rb gets about 8 productive years… thats two good contracts…
The trick is really getting a guy on a manageable contract

bkwheat28

Reaction score
Pass. That’s playing GM with video games logic in my opinion. Like someone else said, we need too many things to even spend a 4th on. Loved watching him play in college though. He was a beast!

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Nah teams bail on guys after their first contract or near tge end all the time

A rb gets about 8 productive years… thats two good contracts…
The trick is really getting a guy on a manageable contract
The last 4 sure as hell aren't like the first 4. See Lev Bell here.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Obviously, my statement was a bit of satire but I can’t believe that you could get Barkley for a 4th. He’s been stuck in New York running behind a trash line and no QB his entire career. He’s only 25 and just hitting his peak. I could honestly see the Pats grabbing him and he goes off behind that line.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Obviously, my statement was a bit of satire but I can’t believe that you could get Barkley for a 4th. He’s been stuck in New York running behind a trash line and no QB his entire career. He’s only 25 and just hitting his peak. I could honestly see the Pats grabbing him and he goes off behind that line.
If the Pats grab him, look out...

I'd be all for grabbing Barks if we didn't have Najee. Now it's not even on the table or a thought we need to make. We have our pro bowl RB of the future for another 4 years!!

insaniti

Contributor
Reaction score
RB is one of the few positions that aren't a need. We need too many other players to waste even a fourth on Barkley. Another issue is health. The guy just can not stay healthy and i think it already has taken a toll on his body / performance. The Steelers also don't know how to use multiple RBs. Either Barkley or Najee would get very limited carries. So you are either wasting a 4th for a backup RB or having your first round pick from last year sitv on the bench
I'll disagree big time with this one. We have Najee, and that's it. No one behind him worth anything. RB is still a need, it's just not a "starter" that's needed

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Barkley is not injury prone. He suffered a major knee injury which happens but other than that he has no injury history. Conner was injury prone with constant ailments.

Giants would be dumb to trade Barkley. If they want to get Daniel Jones, or any young QB, going, then what better than to have a weapon like Saquon to take off pressure. They aren't paying big money to a QB so they can afford barkley.

Buffalo jumps out as a team that might want him. If they think they are close, a playmaker like barkley could be a missing piece.

Baltimore too. Depending on what they do with Lamar. If they get away with another cheap season with Lamar then Barkley makes sense. I'd hate to see him in Balt.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Barkley is not injury prone. He suffered a major knee injury which happens but other than that he has no injury history. Conner was injury prone with constant ailments.

Giants would be dumb to trade Barkley. If they want to get Daniel Jones, or any young QB, going, then what better than to have a weapon like Saquon to take off pressure. They aren't paying big money to a QB so they can afford barkley.

Buffalo jumps out as a team that might want him. If they think they are close, a playmaker like barkley could be a missing piece.

Baltimore too. Depending on what they do with Lamar. If they get away with another cheap season with Lamar then Barkley makes sense. I'd hate to see him in Balt.
He is unfortunately very injury prone… though he tries to play through… discounting the acl and mcl devastation of his knee two years back, (which is random), both last year and 2019 he had major high ankle / groin issues that limited him severely… so basically he hasn’t had a healthy season since his rookie season…
Just look at his stat decline and you can see how limited he has been…

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I am re-resurrecting this because there are still rumors he will be moved. numbers Ive heard were a couple fifths or a fourth with salary retention. we have 8 mil in cap space (and a metric ton available if we move money around in case of an emergency) I say if we can get him for say, four million this year, it lets us keep Harris fresher and he is light years better than any of our backups at this point. Warren is interesting, but that's about it....

what say you all?

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Sure. Maybe we can get the Giants to throw in a 2nd rounder to boot.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
A hungry and motivated Barkley could be one helluva dual threat

I hear and agree with you but there is ONLY one problem.......... Our HC believes in running the wheels off of one player rather than "spell" them with another.

How many carries did Snell have last year as that would be Barckley's load.

Salute the nation

madinsomniac

Reaction score
I hear and agree with you but there is ONLY one problem.......... Our HC believes in running the wheels off of one player rather than "spell" them with another.

How many carries did Snell have last year as that would be Barckley's load.

Salute the nation
Right, but he also believes in pedigree So maybe he would Play him