• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seahawks go full Bush in the middle

madinsomniac

Reaction score

Yeah I was checking out Seahawks sites yesterday looking for news on him… they were extremely thin at both LB positions …. This is a really good test to see if our ILB issues are related to talent acquisition or scheme…. If Bush Rocks out there, then our system is just asking too much of ILB’s… if he is meh, then maybe we need to stop obsessing on smaller speed guys that are basically safeties with worse cover skills

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, if Bush plays well with the Seahags, there are other explanations. Like, he milked his injury last year knowing he was going into FA this offseason. Dude flat out was tentative and refused to take on blocks or make impact tackles. I think he was pissing around all last season.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Eh, if Bush plays well with the Seahags, there are other explanations. Like, he milked his injury last year knowing he was going into FA this offseason. Dude flat out was tentative and refused to take on blocks or make impact tackles. I think he was pissing around all last season.
Typically it is the exact opposite. We see players at their best in a contract year

bkwheat28

Reaction score
love the line where it says Bush will bring big hitting to the Seahawks ..................yah right........ who have they been watching ????

😂😂😂. I thought same thing! Too bad, I was so excited when we got him. What a bad deal that turned out to be. Shows what a crapshoot the draft is and maybe it’s best to let fate play out and take what’s there when it’s your turn. So few are a sure bet.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush is a liability against the run. His 2021 season was one of the worst I have seen from a Steelers LB against the run. Jack Lambert and Levon Kirkland were just shaking their heads, wondering what the hell Bush was doing. Defense improved by trimming Bush.

Steelers signed two linebackers (Holcomb, Roberts) who are good against the run. Holcomb is also vastly more athletic than Spillane so if he is asked to run with a TE or RB, as Spillane was asked to do so frequently last year, he is an upgrade.

The ILB position now has two athletic, productive players. Get a guy like Simpson from Clemson or Campbell from Iowa as a longer-term solution, add him to Robinson, Holcomb and Roberts, and I think the position is now pretty damn solid.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
love the line where it says Bush will bring big hitting to the Seahawks ..................yah right........ who have they been watching ????

Dude, those blades of grass just don't bend by themselves................................

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Bush is a liability against the run. His 2021 season was one of the worst I have seen from a Steelers LB against the run. Jack Lambert and Levon Kirkland were just shaking their heads, wondering what the hell Bush was doing. Defense improved by trimming Bush.

Steelers signed two linebackers (Holcomb, Roberts) who are good against the run. Holcomb is also vastly more athletic than Spillane so if he is asked to run with a TE or RB, as Spillane was asked to do so frequently last year, he is an upgrade.

The ILB position now has two athletic, productive players. Get a guy like Simpson from Clemson or Campbell from Iowa as a longer-term solution, add him to Robinson, Holcomb and Roberts, and I think the position is now pretty damn solid.

Imagine the improvement now by shaving that BUSH clean off....................

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Unless things change substantially its 45 degrees towards his goal line jumping on a guys back. Basically **** talking my Seahawks fan buddy he says Bush will be backing up Jordan Brooks recovering from ACL.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Can you imagine getting paid to be so 3rd tier? If only teachers were this respected.

Society is whacked.

Peyote ingesting not whacked.

Salute the nation

skline00

Reaction score
Bush had so much potential but really performed poorly, especially after his injury.

Good luck Seattle, your gonna need it.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
Typically it is the exact opposite. We see players at their best in a contract year
Typically so. But, typically we also see players come back and test their abilities rather than "live in their fears". Last year, I believe we saw Bush living in his fears with the knowledge that "I'll be playing somewhere" next year and he could test himself wherever he ended up. I just don't think Bush gave anywhere near 100% effort last year.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Typically so. But, typically we also see players come back and test their abilities rather than "live in their fears". Last year, I believe we saw Bush living in his fears with the knowledge that "I'll be playing somewhere" next year and he could test himself wherever he ended up. I just don't think Bush gave anywhere near 100% effort last year.
But that would also say that he doesnt care how much he made. he hurt himself considerably with his play last year

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
But that would also say that he doesnt care how much he made. he hurt himself considerably with his play last year
He only signed a 1 year "prove it" contract with Seattle. If his play improves after a year of coasting, he'll make money next year.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I agree here with this. I seen many times he just stood there and watched the play go by. I didn’t need the all-22 to spot it either. I’d be watching CBS live game and keeping close eye on plays…….. next thing you know here is BUSH standing there as play goes by……. I’d say why the hell are you keeping him out there………….. ****, SteelBuckeye would be a better option and if he didn’t suit up, I would……..

I couldn’t believe Coach Tomlin didn’t do something about this last season……..?

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
Now Bush will have a resurrection in Seattle

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Now Bush will have a resurrection in Seattle
Nope not happening. Not even sure he will be as good as last season.. I think he is trending in a downward spiral.

Reactions: MTC