• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Sean Davis signs with Redskins

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, this kid came in with a lot of promise, and even more physical tools. Looks like he's healthy enough to get back on the field. It won't be with us. Good luck with the Skins, Sean.

<samp class="EmbedCode-container"><code class="EmbedCode-code"><blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Steelers’ safety Sean Davis will sign with the Redskins on a one-year deal worth up to $5 million, per <a href="https://twitter.com/RosenhausSports?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RosenhausSports</a></p>— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1240363105286266887?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script> </code></samp>

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn, this kid came in with a lot of promise, and even more physical tools. Looks like he's healthy enough to get back on the field. It won't be with us. Good luck with the Skins, Sean.

Former Steelers’ safety Sean Davis will sign with the Redskins on a one-year deal worth up to $5 million, per @RosenhausSports— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 18, 2020
1 year deal is basically a prove you can stay healthy deal. But let's be honest he is nowhere near a star. His misfortune was our Ds gain. Wish him the best moving forward regardless.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Muddler

Reaction score
Not in Minkah's class for sure but a solid NFL safety. The upgrade with Minkah definitely made him expendable. Gets to go home and Skin's are getting a good player. I wish him well in DC or wherever next his career takes him.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Who's going to be coachs little ***** now?

He has a list...... Bud, Edmunds, plus whatever draft pick he doesn’t agree with. Don’t worry he will postulate he’s a better GM than Colbert every day of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
I still thik Davis can develop into a good Safety. His problem was that he was moved between positions too often. It happened at Maryland and continued with the Steelers who moved him between CB and safety. He was getting better but then got injured. I don't know if he'll ever be a star but he can be a solid player.

Davis is betting on himself with a 1 year deal. If he plays well he could get a good contract next year.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I still thik Davis can develop into a good Safety. His problem was that he was moved between positions too often. It happened at Maryland and continued with the Steelers who moved him between CB and safety. He was getting better but then got injured. I don't know if he'll ever be a star but he can be a solid player.

Davis is betting on himself with a 1 year deal. If he plays well he could get a good contract next year.
He moved around partially because he wasn't performing up to snuff where they placed him. FS was arguably his best position and was starting to settle in minus the splash plays that you crave at FS. Now he is coming off a lengthy injury. He can still possibility develop but there is just an equal chance that he will never be more than a mediocre player. Who bounces from team to team a few years before finding his way off a NFL roster. I wish him well and he can possibly be a stop gap player. But I wouldn't roll the dice on being a long term answer. His 1 year contract to a team that is notorious for throwing around lengthy big money contracts shows they are thinking somewhere between what both of us has said.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
He moved around partially because he wasn't performing up to snuff where they placed him. FS was arguably his best position and was starting to settle in minus the splash plays that you crave at FS. Now he is coming off a lengthy injury. He can still possibility develop but there is just an equal chance that he will never be more than a mediocre player. Who bounces from team to team a few years before finding his way off a NFL roster. I wish him well and he can possibly be a stop gap player. But I wouldn't roll the dice on being a long term answer. His 1 year contract to a team that is notorious for throwing around lengthy big money contracts shows they are thinking somewhere between what both of us has said.

Slash, he struggled at nickel corner his rookie year. He was drafted as SS, but due to his position flex the coaches felt he could also Andre the nickel since they had a loss of bodies there. He was solid in his second year at SS. When they cut Mitchell, S was in the bag early for the draft. Ward and Fitz were their top choices, obviously Edmunds was evaluated just behind them hence the pick. Moving Davis to FS was natural as he knew both positions. As I said, when he went IR along with Ben a perfect storm was created when Miami started having a fire sale. We ended up getting the player they wanted the year before. Obviously I liked Davis, watched him play at MD and felt he was a potential piece to the D. He produced well for us, no matter what Coach tries to spew. I hope he has a solid year for the skins, don’t know if they will let him keep 21 though (Sean Taylor’s number)

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Slash, he struggled at nickel corner his rookie year. He was drafted as SS, but due to his position flex the coaches felt he could also Andre the nickel since they had a loss of bodies there. He was solid in his second year at SS. When they cut Mitchell, S was in the bag early for the draft. Ward and Fitz were their top choices, obviously Edmunds was evaluated just behind them hence the pick. Moving Davis to FS was natural as he knew both positions. As I said, when he went IR along with Ben a perfect storm was created when Miami started having a fire sale. We ended up getting the player they wanted the year before. Obviously I liked Davis, watched him play at MD and felt he was a potential piece to the D. He produced well for us, no matter what Coach tries to spew. I hope he has a solid year for the skins, don’t know if they will let him keep 21 though (Sean Taylor’s number)

I just wasn't thrilled with him at SS either. One of those type weeks who knows my memory could be failing me. Anyways true he wasn't as bad as cooch was spewing. The rule of the thumb is when cooch preaches it, it more than likely will be inaccurate....

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I liked him while he was here - and I hope he excels in all of his football endeavors (unless we are playing the Skins in the Superbowl)...