• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Seattle got *** ****** on that no-call

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
Inside two minutes, how does that mugging not get reviewed? What a joke.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, it was a bad call. But they promptly blew their chance from the one-yard line when they took a delay of game after spiking it. Absolutely zero excuses for that type of mismanagement.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
The NFL is pretty much a joke. The **** they conveniently choose to ignore makes them a joke of a legitimate sport.

Even if they looked at it they weren't going to overturn it. They left more blatant calls/non calls stand.

steelermania

Reaction score
Yeah, it was a bad call. But they promptly blew their chance from the one-yard line when they took a delay of game after spiking it. Absolutely zero excuses for that type of mismanagement.

Pete Carroll really struggles at the end of games. He wasted a time out down there as well.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Even if they looked at it they weren't going to overturn it. They left more blatant calls/non calls stand.

Which always brings me to. Do not make a rule you're not going to enforce 100% all the time always. Just do away with it. Don't half *** call things when it's suits you.

The refs should be a small part of the game not the huge factor they are now. I'd cut up half of the massive rule book,removed instant replay and coaches challenges. **** all that worthless ****.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
They still ended up at the 1 yarder line with 1st and goal which is where the penalty would've put it and blew it anyways

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I think the PI review was a horribly bad reaction to the Saints loss in the playoffs. If you want to do something big go with the targeting rule college uses. Clear cut.

Steel G

Reaction score
Pete Carroll really struggles at the end of games. He wasted a time out down there as well.

Yes, this! They blew their last TO after a freaking incomplete pass! I didn't understand that at all. Can't believe how bad they ****** that ending up regardless of the blown PI call.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
**** the Seahawks. You get down there and throw every down? It's as if they were never in that position before and didnt know what to do.

dumbasses.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Which always brings me to. Do not make a rule you're not going to enforce 100% all the time always. Just do away with it. Don't half *** call things when it's suits you.

The refs should be a small part of the game not the huge factor they are now. I'd cut up half of the massive rule book,removed instant replay and coaches challenges. **** all that worthless ****.

The replay officials had zero interest in making it work. The entire replay system is trash. They should only review clear and obvious calls that can be overturned with one or two looks. If you need 5 minutes of boring looks in slow motion don’t even bother.

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Inside two minutes, how does that mugging not get reviewed? What a joke.

That is what the rule was put in place for. Agree it was a ****** no call and worse that they didn't review. Not sure what they were thinking going into a huddle after spiking the ball on first down and taking that delay of game. That cost them the game just as much as the no call did.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
**** the Seahawks. You get down there and throw every down? It's as if they were never in that position before and didnt know what to do.

dumbasses.

Well, they were at the 6 and ran out of time outs.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
In my opinion there should be no automatic booth initiated reviews on PI in the first place. That one should be based upon a Time Out alone and available challenges. That's when you got Riveron or whoever playing god in the booth. Its ****** all subjective. The light was on that play because of the situation. The same kinda contact probably happened three times earlier in the game.

Steelers1356

Reaction score
The league did actually review it and here's what they're saying, they say it was the TE that actually initiated the contact, not the defender. Didn't rise to the level of PI on the defender.

Spike

Reaction score
That was a great game, playoff level, its fun to watch real football after the Steelers garbage this year.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
The league did actually review it and here's what they're saying, they say it was the TE that actually initiated the contact, not the defender. Didn't rise to the level of PI on the defender.

Yeah I read Riveron's gibber jabber. Watch the tape of the route yourself. He runs into his body, he does not use his arms to push off and gain separation. Then at the end he got mugged by the linebacker. If anything they said, the guy was completely covered and the ball shouldn't have been thrown at all, I'm not deciding this game. But the stuff he said was completely stupid.

Spike

Reaction score
They still ended up at the 1 yarder line with 1st and goal which is where the penalty would've put it and blew it anyways

Exactly, they had 1st and goal from the one and managed to blow a beast mode TD run into a delay of game penalty and wasted timeout!

bitchy whining about the refs is laughable after that blunder