• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Should the Steelers trade Bell?

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Is it even possible? Would the Steelers trade Bell to the Giants and draft Narkley?

Bell will get his $$$ and we’d get a healthy, faster, less drama and off the field issues for the next several years.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
The only way Bell can be traded is if he signs his franchise tender. So no.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
If you can get the 2 first round draft pick value, then you make the trade. I don't take anything less for him than that amount.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score

Dang, I didn't think about that, so there really isn't a way to franchise tag him and trade him if he won't sign the franchise tender contract

Talking about playing the pats the night before the game gave the Jags more fuel and bitching about his contract 3 days before the game=disgusting, emotionally I'd love to see them tell him to hit the bricks

The other thing about him is he's still an elite recieving back, but IMO he was average to below average this year taking a handoff and running the ball behind a $58 million dollar o-line. It really amazes me with all this talent we can't hand the ball off and get a yard, or punch it in from the 1 yard line, or run the ball well in obvious running situations...

There is no way I give him more than $12million a year, even that is a stretch and he's made it clear he wants more than that

I just think he's too important as an outlet receiver to keeping Ben healthy (Ben has eluded to that this year) and overall too important to the offense, tag him and call his bluff I guess...no easy answers here....

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score
Pay that man. If you can't see his value with what he did Sunday then we are missing out on a generational talent. He's very much like Marshall Faulk with his receiving ability. That's been huge keeping Ben from taking big hits. Before Bell, Ben did not have great check down options and took more hits.

In Ben We Trust

Reaction score
If the Steelers are truly serious about winning another Lombardi trophy both prior to and after the Ben era they will sign him. Dude is far and away the best dual threat player in football.

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I guess the other way the Steelers could trade Bell would be to find a team willing to pay him and trade for him and then negotiate a contract accordingly on their behalf. Not sure how signing bonus could screw that up.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only way to trade him is to sign him to a deal first. You could work that out with the team he's being traded to ahead of time. The Steelers can only tag him or not. If he signs the tag, he is here for next year or he can sit out/retire but he is all about the money and won't turn down over $14 million guaranteed.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
You know, God does everything for a reason...

Hear me out.

We all love Ryan Shazier - but his injury could very well put him out of football for the rest of his life (yes, speculation, but only God knows). With that attribute, I suggest the Steelers consider 'moving on from Ryan and taking that money plus the money we can get on letting Big Play Willie Gay go in the offseason - poof - now you can offer Lev Bell his 15MIL per year?

I know, I know but I still say he's worth every penny...

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
The only way I’d pay him more then 12 is if he had a suspension clause in his contract.

I guess he’s still got a lot of miles left as he did miss the first couple games of this season and we got stomped in the playoffs again.

I don’t see the Steele’s paying him 15/year but anything is possible.

If he sits out is that money free to sign a free agent?

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

So a sign and trade to Cleveland in exchange for the 4th pick if Barkley is on the board, the use the 10M in cap savings to buy the best free agent for the defense.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
So a sign and trade to Cleveland in exchange for the 4th pick if Barkley is on the board, the use the 10M in cap savings to buy the best free agent for the defense.
Do you understand that Bell didn't sign his franchise tender until Sept last season? Do you think he's going to sign it and do the Steelers a favor if they're in a contract dispute?

Dude, think with your brain. Good God.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Steeler Nation mobile app

bmoritz

Reaction score
Do you understand that Bell didn't sign his franchise tender until Sept last season? Do you think he's going to sign it and do the Steelers a favor if they're in a contract dispute?

I think he would if he and his agent worked out a long term deal with the other team first. Not saying it WILL happen, but it's not all that out of the realm of possibility.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

If a contract isn't worked out, he will sign the tag but again at the absolute later possible and report in week 10 of the season.

Salute the nation

bmoritz

Reaction score
I would not trade him to New England under any circumstances LOL

Same with the Ravens.

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
"Pay the man"

Pay him what specifically? 17 mil per year, 25 mil, 50 mil?

This

I think making him the highest paid running back in the NFL by 3-4 million is something the Steelers were ready to do last year, even tho the gaurantee was only for 2 years.

I think a 4-5 year deal for $12 million with more gauranteed money is as far as PIT should go, but I seriously doubt that will be enough for him