• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Since I know you are all waiting for it (Coogs to watch)

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Good read and thanks for posting the article Coolie.

At 5ft 10 inches / 155 lbs he would be a huge risk in the durability department. Maybe he can put on another 25 lbs if his frame will allow. He is young, just coming into his junior year so he may gain a little poundage.

Any Idea what round he might go in, 3.32 or 4.32 ??? Could make him a STEELERS player.

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Good read and thanks for posting the article Coolie.

At 5ft 10 inches / 155 lbs he would be a huge risk in the durability department. Maybe he can put on another 25 lbs if his frame will allow. He is young, just coming into his junior year so he may gain a little poundage.

Any Idea what round he might go in, 3.32 or 4.32 ??? Could make him a STEELERS player.

Salute the nation
well after the coogs go undefeated and beat the hell out of bama to win the National Championship and Dell has 100+ receptions for 1500 yards and 20 TDs

he will go at #32 to the Steelers

unless they trade that pick for Oliver

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Dell is a hell of a WR

he has taken a lot of tough hits and survived

likely needs a few pounds to survive in the NFL

hopefully he can add those pounds and not drop his speed or quickness

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Dell is a hell of a WR

he has taken a lot of tough hits and survived

likely needs a few pounds to survive in the NFL

hopefully he can add those pounds and not drop his speed or quickness

That's my point s well, 155 isn't an ideal weight for NFL play, bowling pin hits / hand tackles / windage issues all play a factor .

25 lbs. but his speed is his weapon, will that curtail the speed ?

As with anything player related, time will tell and YES I'd trade 1.32 for Oliver all day everyday.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
When do the Coogs start their football run to championship (college training camp) ?

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Just for you DIC

Excellent read and thanks for posting Coolie

It will be interesting to see which of these young men end up a STEELERS player.

They had three guys drafted this draft and it sounds like their program is headed in the right direction. KindA cool how their (college) time line is different thean the NFL's. The "portal" transfer can improve a team in a short order.

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Excellent read and thanks for posting Coolie

It will be interesting to see which of these young men end up a STEELERS player.

They had three guys drafted this draft and it sounds like their program is headed in the right direction. KindA cool how their (college) time line is different thean the NFL's. The "portal" transfer can improve a team in a short order.

Salute the nation
They move to the Big XII next season and it has already helped recruiting. they had one of the top RBs in Texas commit to them even with offers from LSU, Penn St, OK State, Miami and others. I think more local kids are going to be willing to stay and play at home since they can play top competition and many of their away games are just a short (by Texas standards) car trip away for their family and friends.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They move to the Big XII next season and it has already helped recruiting. they had one of the top RBs in Texas commit to them even with offers from LSU, Penn St, OK State, Miami and others. I think more local kids are going to be willing to stay and play at home since they can play top competition and many of their away games are just a short (by Texas standards) car trip away for their family and friends.

TEXAS football is absolutely amazing from pee-wee through college and every part of the state.

How many home games do you get to in a season, on average ?

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
TEXAS football is absolutely amazing from pee-wee through college and every part of the state.

How many home games do you get to in a season, on average ?

Salute the nation
I go to 3 or 4 home games each year.

My boys love the games

we were at the SMU game last year when they tied it up with about 30 seconds left and Marcus Jones (so sad he is dead to me.....******* patriots) took the kickoff to the house to win the game......my boys yelled even louder than I did.....

With Big XII games in Waco and Fort Worth in 2023.. it might be time to take them on the road to see the Coogs

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
The post below was made not long after the news that UH's mascot Shasta VI died.

I remember when Reno Khator took over at UH and I didn't buy into her talk of reviving UH's reputation in academics and athletics I truly had thoughts that UH was just on its way to total obscurity. She really was the driving force that turned the school around. Deep pocket Alumni have responded in a big way and really turned around all the sports, not just football and basketball as well as the academic standing. I walk through the campus on the way to the stadium on game days and it is a totally different feel from when I went there in the late 80s. Mrs Khator can keep her job for life as far as I'm concerned.

oh and Long Live Shasta VII

Last edited:

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The post below was made not long after the news that UH's mascot Shasta VI died.

I remember when Reno Khator took over at UH and I didn't buy into her talk of reviving UH's reputation in academics and athletics I truly had thoughts that UH was just on its way to total obscurity. She really was the driving force that turned the school around. Deep pocket Alumni have responded in a big way and really turned around all the sports, not just football and basketball as well as the academic standing. I walk through the campus on the way to the stadium on game days and it is a totally different feel from when I went there in the late 80s. Mrs Khator can keep her job for life as far as I'm concerned.

oh and Long Live Shasta VII

GREAT post Coolie thanks.

I love to read the nuts & bolts of how things came to be. History is always the route to the current standing.

Tomlin could use a little history lesson of the STEELERS of past and that would be, in my opinion, FUNDAMENTALS. Instill them to the bone.

Salute the nation