• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So the Rats covered up Ray Rice from jump street..

Steel G

Reaction score
Amazing read, but it is pretty much as we knew, that the Ravens knew from day one and Commissioner Badsmell was just playing favorites with them. Just another corrupt rich man's club, this NFL.

Especially loved this part:

Minutes later, Rice's phone buzzed. He could scarcely believe what he was looking at-- back-to-back text messages from Bisciotti. Rice read them aloud so everyone in the room could hear them:

Hey Ray, just want to let you know, we loved you as a player, it was great having you here. Hopefully all these things are going to die down. I wish the best for you and Janay.

When you're done with football, I'd like you to know you have a job waiting for you with the Ravens helping young guys getting acclimated to the league.

Rice was flabbergasted. One minute Bisciotti and the Ravens were essentially calling him a liar, the next Bisciotti was quietly offering him a job? Rice took a screen shot of the message, but Jakobe reminded him that anyone could send the text and simply change the name in the contacts to "Steve Bisciotti" to make it appear it had come from the Ravens owner. So Rice deleted Bisciotti's name in his contacts and took a second screen shot of his phone, leaving only the message and the cellphone number. That way there could be no denying who had sent it. "I saw the text; [friend] Courtney Greene saw the text; and Ray actually read it out loud to us," Jakobe said. "I saw it probably more than anybody." One of Rice's friends provided the text's content to "Outside the Lines," which confirmed through two independent sources that the number listed belongs to a cellphone regularly used by Bisciotti. A few days later, after thinking about it more, Rice told friends he believed Bisciotti was suggesting that, as long as he kept quiet and stuck to the story that he had misled team officials and Goodell about what had happened in the elevator, the Ravens would take care of him down the road. He felt incredibly insulted.

Last edited:

Xc944

Reaction score
Classy organization those rats. And **** goodell can't wait until he's homeless sucking dick for scraps

hook

Forefather
Reaction score
I absolutely can't stand Harbaugh, but I give him credit for wanting to cut Rice immediately after seeing the FIRST video only to be talked out of it by his own FO. Their FO is gutless. When the story first broke, they left Harbaugh get bombarded by the press about the Rice situation, something the GM or the owner should have been doing in the first place.

Xc944

Reaction score
I absolutely can't stand Harbaugh, but I give him credit for wanting to cut Rice immediately after seeing the FIRST video only to be talked out of it by his own FO. Their FO is gutless. When the story first broke, they left Harbaugh get bombarded by the press about the Rice situation, something the GM or the owner should have been doing in the first place.

True hard to say anything bad about harbaugh when he wanted to do the right thing from the start

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Harbaugh for Tomlin straight up

Troglodyte

Reaction score
I wonder if Harbaugh would have wanted to cut Rice had he not also sucked last year?

It doesn't make sense that he made comments supporting Rice, I would have deferred to the FO if it was their decision and I didn't agree with it.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Harbaugh for Tomlin straight up
Half the steelers would probably quit. Harbaugh may hurt their feelings and make them work.

Now I have seen reports of the Ravens denting Harbaugh wanted to cut rice. Hard to say what is true anymore. Everyone is trying to cover their own ***. I find it kind of amusing.

On a side note my phone auto correct tries to change Harbaugh to garbage......

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Didn't think this thing would come close to bringing Goodell down. But if they can show preferential treatment to Biscotti, what about Kraft and the Pats? The one part that sickens me is, close Confident Steelers owner Art Rooney II. Really? If hes good buddies with the POS, where were our breaks? Maybe Art had Ben punished hard through Goodell for his own good. Maybe it worked.

steelermania

Reaction score
Maybe Art had Ben punished hard through Goodell for his own good. Maybe it worked.

I don't doubt that. Let Roger be the bad guy instead of the team.

The panic down in Rat land is running deep. There's a 27 page thread on the 24x7 Rat board about this.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
It has blown up here. Radio and TV destroying ravens front office. It is now being said on local and satellite that it was all stonewalled by Bisciotti and Cass. They lied and with held from fans, team, media and coaches. Both had details from rice and others from jump street and urged goddell for 2 games. They addressed the media and team and outright lied.

So what do the Ravens do? Send out tons of college kids with purple beaded necklace attached to Ravens thingy. They are all over every large parking lot throught out baltimore area

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Never forget Steeler Nation.......

that this organization was created by a man that cowardly moved his franchise from a city and a fanbase that deserved better...

The Raven organization has reaked from its inception, created by fraud and lies.......and that deceitful culture has been passed down like bad DNA..

Be ALWAYS proud that your a Steeler fan....even through tough times on the field...

The "Steeler Way" is alive & well...

Omar10213245

๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘‚๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿˆ๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‹๐Ÿช‚๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ›๐ŸŒœโ˜‚โ˜”โ„๐ŸŒŠ๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿฅบ
Contributor
Reaction score
It has blown up here. Radio and TV destroying ravens front office. It is now being said on local and satellite that it was all stonewalled by Bisciotti and Cass. They lied and with held from fans, team, media and coaches. Both had details from rice and others from jump street and urged goddell for 2 games. They addressed the media and team and outright lied.

So what do the Ravens do? Send out tons of college kids with purple beaded necklace attached to Ravens thingy. They are all over every large parking lot throught out baltimore area

Are they handing out pairs of those sweet purple camo pants?

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Its obvious that the NFL and the Ravens knew more earlier than they say... this is all just a shitstorm because tapes that they thought were gone resurfaced in the media. Scapegoats and lies... like any politician or corporation caught in a selfish evil coverup...

Spike

Reaction score
The Ravens should be forced out of business and the franchise sold to Toronto.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
the NFL should police itself with a heavy hammer.
They should absolutely deny the Rats a post-season appearance for two seasons, fine the FO a lofty amount and fine the team owner double that amount.
and Goodell should resign.

none of which will happen.

when Harbaugh comes out of something like this as the moral compass, you know **** is ****** up.

but, much respect to Harbaugh based on what he preferred to do.

H

Hollywood Bags

I must admit I was wrong on this one. I really figured no one could possibly be stupid enough to think they could keep something like this covered up. It defies logic.

H

Hollywood Bags

Never forget Steeler Nation.......

that this organization was created by a man that cowardly moved his franchise from a city and a fanbase that deserved better...

The Raven organization has reaked from its inception, created by fraud and lies.......and that deceitful culture has been passed down like bad DNA..

Be ALWAYS proud that your a Steeler fan....even through tough times on the field...

The "Steeler Way" is alive & well...

Oh, please, don't give me that "Steeler Way" bullshit.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
I must admit I was wrong on this one. I really figured no one could possibly be stupid enough to think they could keep something like this covered up. It defies logic.

Spygate ... the arrogance of Roger and the NFL league/owners on full display.

EdReed4Prez

Reaction score
This is what roger and the ravens get for validating the media frenzy. Should have stuck with the initial suspension (cause they ****** that up already) and this would have blown over. You can't give the sharks a taste of blood and expect they'll swim away.

Steel Ballin

Reaction score
I wouldn't care if RR played next week if Rodger was forced out. Can't stand that prick.