• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So who will the Steelers pick round 1 ?

mdk2

Reaction score
A defensive player. Tomlin needs to re-up those 1st round picks in his defense.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
they need best player available at OL, ILB, OLB, DE, DT, CB, or S. If i thought there was a QB worth a 1st rounder in this draft, i'd add that to the list. Basically anything but RB and TE. You could even add WR to that list if they don't keep JuJu.
i don't think its fair to say OL. If you're going to say DE /DT, or cb/S OL = Center , LT RT, G IMO anyway... We cant afford to cheapen the position more than we have.
, and i agree with you about all of em but TE and RB.

21STEELERS21

21 is my IQ
Reaction score
If its not a QB, it should be a LT. If you get a LT and C and move Green to G and let Moore & Banner compete for RT, you have a decent OL forming.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if Decastro could be back next year. Maybe a year away to heal and he’ll healthy and have a few more years.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
Pretty sure he is a free agent now. I could be wrong... but ..
If he does come back it wont be here. (pittsburgh)

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I think with C being Green's only real option they will hope an off-season will help with technique and strength. I think they will Target a NT round 2 or 3? and a RT or RG possibly round 1. I am not totally ready to throw in the towel with Green anyways as he was thrown into the fire. So hard to tell his ceiling. I would say his athletic ability gives him a chance to be good and suggests he has the capability to improve. I would look towards bringing in a QB and a CB in free agency. And perhaps signing Haden to a cheap 2 year contract.

Badcat

Zero Foxtrot Golf
Reaction score
Evan Neal, OT, Alabama. 6-7 and 350lbs and made Bruce Feldman's annual "freaks" list. Then address CB and NT in the next two rounds.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Evan Neal, OT, Alabama. 6-7 and 350lbs and made Bruce Feldman's annual "freaks" list. Then address CB and NT in the next two rounds.
From what I've read, this year is deep at cornerback and has some elite high-end talent. The same thing was said about he tackle class last year and the Steelers waited to get a developmental guy. I'd rather not make the same mistake if there is a chance to get a potential shutdown cornerback. I think the Steelers could probably address OT with a mid-tiered veteran in free agency.

Black&GoldenShowers

Reaction score
If its not a QB, it should be a LT. If you get a LT and C and move Green to G and let Moore & Banner compete for RT, you have a decent OL forming.
This was going to be my queation. How does everyone feel about Green at guard if we draft a center? I know that is what he mainly played in college, but based on what we have seen of him at center do you fell he can be a good guard in the NFL? I’ll admit I haven’t paid attention to his play much so I really don’t know. Thanks!

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
OffensiveTackle.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
they need best player available at OL, ILB, OLB, DE, DT, CB, or S. If i thought there was a QB worth a 1st rounder in this draft, i'd add that to the list. Basically anything but RB and TE. You could even add WR to that list if they don't keep JuJu.
I would scratch OLB and Safety in the first. If we get MLB and another Corner I think Edmunds can be resigned cheap and I have no problem with him compared to other needs, if he comes cheap enough.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
I think with C being Green's only real option they will hope an off-season will help with technique and strength. I think they will Target a NT round 2 or 3? and a RT or RG possibly round 1. I am not totally ready to throw in the towel with Green anyways as he was thrown into the fire. So hard to tell his ceiling. I would say his athletic ability gives him a chance to be good and suggests he has the capability to improve. I would look towards bringing in a QB and a CB in free agency. And perhaps signing Haden to a cheap 2 year contract.

Idiot thinking. I can deal with mental mistakes and even tolerate his hot headed flags, but the guy just lack physicality vs. the run and pass.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
you're thinking?
You must have no life. Every time I post something you chime in quickly. .Like clockwork. Green is over powered.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Idiot thinking. I can deal with mental mistakes and even tolerate his hot headed flags, but the guy just lack physicality vs. the run and pass.
Hi idiot thinking no need to tell me I already knew. So an off-season in the weight room couldn't help huh, k thanks for your fantastic insight. Now get busy Xmas is coming and the windows won't lick themselves.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Round 1- Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati
I know oline is god awful but so is the secondary. Get a true lock down CB. If you look at his stats it’s crazy how good he’s playing. He legitimately takes away half the field.

Round 2- Jaxton Kirkland OT Washington
Gives us another option at LT. I feel Moore might do better at RT or maybe even LG.

Round 3- Cameron Thomas DL San Diego State
Guy is just a baller. Eye popping stats. Undersized DL should make a nice DE in the 34.

Round 3- Leo Chenal ILB Wisconsin
More Wisconsin linebackers! Chenal is probably the toughest ILB in the big ten and flows through traffic and makes plays behind the LOS. And I personally know him, John and the Chenal family. Salt of the earth people.

Round 6- Jacquarii Roberson WR Wake Forest
Great athlete and former basketball player. Runs good routes, hand catcher, and good speed.

Round 7- Bailey Zappe QB western Kentucky
Fiery competitor and has every intangible in the book. Threw it every where on everyone he played against. If he was 6-4 he’d be a first round pick.

Round 7- Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee State
5th year senior who has had 100+ tackles twice and a career 26.5 tfl and 9 interceptions during his career.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Round 1- Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati
I know oline is god awful but so is the secondary. Get a true lock down CB. If you look at his stats it’s crazy how good he’s playing. He legitimately takes away half the field.
Does he have 5 picks and 12 passes defended? with 2 KR and 2 PR for TDs along with a receiving TD?

I know a kid that does.....

Granted, Ahmad is bigger than he is though

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
sorry, the board alerts me when stupidity is posted.....you trigger the alarm everytime
And like a loser you are always on to reply in ten minutes. Dude, get a life and stop obsessing over me.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It doesn't look like we will be drafting high enough to get one of the top 1 or 2 QB's in this draft so I doubt we go that direction. It has to be BPA on the O-line or D-line. The O-line would just be a plug-and-play stud that will man his position for the next decade. That will help the entire O-line. On the D-line, it has to be the best man in the middle - a true beast who can play 3 downs and disrupt the run and pass. Like Big Snack, he doesn't need a lot of sacks or stat lines, he needs to collapse the pocket and occupy 2 blockers, if at all possible. I think everyone is realizing the game is won with the big uglies on both sides of the ball. This will be even more important as I see no way we keep Tuitt. I would trade him with a year left on his contract. They took one up the rear with him this year and he has been injured a lot in his career. We need someone more reliable.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
And like a loser you are always on to reply in ten minutes. Dude, get a life and stop obsessing over me.
Transforming twatwaffles should never call anyone loser. You bring on replies then whine about them afterwards. Try being less of a ******** perhaps you get less things thrown at you. But I know you won't go changing you are a legend in your own mind.