• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

So who will the Steelers pick round 1 ?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if Decastro could be back next year. Maybe a year away to heal and he’ll healthy and have a few more years.

Yesterdays player, yesterday's news. PASS

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Transforming twatwaffles should never call anyone loser. You bring on replies then whine about them afterwards. Try being less of a ******** perhaps you get less things thrown at you. But I know you won't go changing you are a legend in your own mind.
The only loser here is those who obsess over other posters to post such drivel. The Steelers are 6-10-1 in their last 16 games and 20 other teams have a won a playoff game since the last time we did. Maybe what I have been saying has a point.

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Round 1- Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati
I know oline is god awful but so is the secondary. Get a true lock down CB. If you look at his stats it’s crazy how good he’s playing. He legitimately takes away half the field.

Round 2- Jaxton Kirkland OT Washington
Gives us another option at LT. I feel Moore might do better at RT or maybe even LG.

Round 3- Cameron Thomas DL San Diego State
Guy is just a baller. Eye popping stats. Undersized DL should make a nice DE in the 34.

Round 3- Leo Chenal ILB Wisconsin
More Wisconsin linebackers! Chenal is probably the toughest ILB in the big ten and flows through traffic and makes plays behind the LOS. And I personally know him, John and the Chenal family. Salt of the earth people.

Round 6- Jacquarii Roberson WR Wake Forest
Great athlete and former basketball player. Runs good routes, hand catcher, and good speed.

Round 7- Bailey Zappe QB western Kentucky
Fiery competitor and has every intangible in the book. Threw it every where on everyone he played against. If he was 6-4 he’d be a first round pick.

Round 7- Reed Blankenship S Middle Tennessee State
5th year senior who has had 100+ tackles twice and a career 26.5 tfl and 9 interceptions during his career.

Nice post Ford, thanks

I like the Cincinnati kid and your first four picks address' our biggest needs.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The only loser here is those who obsess over other posters to post such drivel. The Steelers are 6-10-1 in their last 16 games and 20 other teams have a won a playoff game since the last time we did. Maybe what I have been saying has a point.

Coach, stick to football and not self patting and things will go way smoother. You have some valid points but they are lost in your presentation and follow up.

6-10-1 in last 16 games............................. ghost games don't count.

Salute the nation

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
Coach, stick to football and not self patting and things will go way smoother. You have some valid points but they are lost in your presentation and follow up.

6-10-1 in last 16 games............................. ghost games don't count.

Salute the nation

Those who attack me do so regardless of what I post. 6-10-1 includes our least season. Our last 17 games played. I'll try to switch things up.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Only 3 minutes to reply to a post this time? Get a life. My post must really bother you.
why don't you quit worrying about me and try talking about football

I know it is difficult to discuss stuff you don't understand but give it a shot anyway

Coach

Forefather
Reaction score
why don't you quit worrying about me and try talking about football

I know it is difficult to discuss stuff you don't understand but give it a shot anyway
I do talk football. You continue to obsess over me. Try this, Boswell is have a season for the ages. One of the few bright spots.

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
Round 3- Leo Chenal ILB Wisconsin
More Wisconsin linebackers! Chenal is probably the toughest ILB in the big ten and flows through traffic and makes plays behind the LOS. And I personally know him, John and the Chenal family. Salt of the earth people.

You're just looking for free tickets

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Does he have 5 picks and 12 passes defended? with 2 KR and 2 PR for TDs along with a receiving TD?

I know a kid that does.....

Granted, Ahmad is bigger than he is though
Maybe. But how many TD’s has that DB allowed? Gardner has allow 0 to his 7 ints. As of 10/15/21 Gardner allowed only 4 receptions to 187 passing plays and nothing 15 yards or deeper. His passer rating throwing his way was 35.3. Spiking the ball is a passer rating of 39.6.

Black & Gold Bleeder

Forefather
Reaction score
If not for Boswell, we make the playoffs. I have zero faith in him. Have you ever seen a kicker say I used to lack confidence that is playing well in the NFL?

I do talk football. You continue to obsess over me. Try this, Boswell is have a season for the ages. One of the few bright spots.

You're a bare face clown.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Does he have 5 picks and 12 passes defended? with 2 KR and 2 PR for TDs along with a receiving TD?

I know a kid that does.....

Granted, Ahmad is bigger than he is though
And I feel you are probably talking about Marcus Jones. I actually think he’s a good sleeper pick. He’s lucky if he’s 5-8 but he’s at the very least a pro bowl return man. I don’t have him pegged yet at a draft stock and the fact we go from round 3 to round 6 makes it even more difficult to get him on a mock draft without trading down and adding picks. I feel he’d fit nicely in the Mike Hilton roll and fill a much needed return threat.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
And I feel you are probably talking about Marcus Jones. I actually think he’s a good sleeper pick. He’s lucky if he’s 5-8 but he’s at the very least a pro bowl return man. I don’t have him pegged yet at a draft stock and the fact we go from round 3 to round 6 makes it even more difficult to get him on a mock draft without trading down and adding picks. I feel he’d fit nicely in the Mike Hilton roll and fill a much needed return threat.
of course it was Jones

I know of one TD he gave up this season because it was last week and he just lost track of his guy on a deep route. He gave up a long reception in the SMU game but came back two plays later to intercept the ball and ruin that drive.

He is not an outside lock down guy, but he does lock down whoever he is tasked to cover He lines up inside and outside and flips from one side to the other. They seem to like to move him around so the QB can not be sure of who he is covering. He is aso a solid tackler and will come up and take on the RB when he is running his direction.

I do like the kid from cincy though

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Those who attack me do so regardless of what I post. 6-10-1 includes our least season. Our last 17 games played. I'll try to switch things up.

Coach, I was just giving you a hard time as in your original post, the one I quoted you had 6-10-1 to equal 16 and I was just pointing out the mathematical error in a ghost way. NO WORRIES

Salute the nation

FordFairLane

Reaction score
of course it was Jones

I know of one TD he gave up this season because it was last week and he just lost track of his guy on a deep route. He gave up a long reception in the SMU game but came back two plays later to intercept the ball and ruin that drive.

He is not an outside lock down guy, but he does lock down whoever he is tasked to cover He lines up inside and outside and flips from one side to the other. They seem to like to move him around so the QB can not be sure of who he is covering. He is aso a solid tackler and will come up and take on the RB when he is running his direction.

I do like the kid from cincy though
So I’ve literally watched one game of Houston’s this season. It was the last one vs Memphis. The good and the bad are obvious. Jones is crazy athletic with fluid hips and good speed. I think he’s more quick than fast. Meaning I don’t think he runs a freaky 40. My guess is 4.5ish. But that’s not what makes him a special athlete. His ability to flip his hips and his ability to get to top speed within a couple of steps is what makes him special. Quick feet not long speed.

So what I noticed is how raw he is. He almost exclusively relies on athletic ability at this point. I saw a couple of big passes he gave up just by getting out of position. To his credit he caught the one guy from behind and saved a TD and then he intercepted a poorly thrown ball to stop the drive. The second big catch led to a fg. He then did end the game with an interception. I also noticed he played exclusively as an outside CB and all man coverage. I feel he’s probably too raw to play zone at this point. And I feel inside is probably a better spot for him.

So at the end of the day you are drafting a ridiculous good return man and a guy with big upside at nickel CB. I’m all for a little risk vs reward because if he can be a backup dime and special team guy for a season or two he’s still going to make enough plays in the return game to make him a good pick. But the question is where is his value. My guess is in that 4th/5th round area. Where we have no picks.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
It doesn't look like we will be drafting high enough to get one of the top 1 or 2 QB's in this draft so I doubt we go that direction. It has to be BPA on the O-line or D-line. The O-line would just be a plug-and-play stud that will man his position for the next decade. That will help the entire O-line. On the D-line, it has to be the best man in the middle - a true beast who can play 3 downs and disrupt the run and pass. Like Big Snack, he doesn't need a lot of sacks or stat lines, he needs to collapse the pocket and occupy 2 blockers, if at all possible. I think everyone is realizing the game is won with the big uglies on both sides of the ball. This will be even more important as I see no way we keep Tuitt. I would trade him with a year left on his contract. They took one up the rear with him this year and he has been injured a lot in his career. We need someone more reliable.
This is a really low-rated QB class. Even the top guy will be a reach if he goes in the top 10. It's early yet too. We may pass some teams up in terms of rising up the draft board.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
So I’ve literally watched one game of Houston’s this season. It was the last one vs Memphis. The good and the bad are obvious. Jones is crazy athletic with fluid hips and good speed. I think he’s more quick than fast. Meaning I don’t think he runs a freaky 40. My guess is 4.5ish. But that’s not what makes him a special athlete. His ability to flip his hips and his ability to get to top speed within a couple of steps is what makes him special. Quick feet not long speed.

So what I noticed is how raw he is. He almost exclusively relies on athletic ability at this point. I saw a couple of big passes he gave up just by getting out of position. To his credit he caught the one guy from behind and saved a TD and then he intercepted a poorly thrown ball to stop the drive. The second big catch led to a fg. He then did end the game with an interception. I also noticed he played exclusively as an outside CB and all man coverage. I feel he’s probably too raw to play zone at this point. And I feel inside is probably a better spot for him.

So at the end of the day you are drafting a ridiculous good return man and a guy with big upside at nickel CB. I’m all for a little risk vs reward because if he can be a backup dime and special team guy for a season or two he’s still going to make enough plays in the return game to make him a good pick. But the question is where is his value. My guess is in that 4th/5th round area. Where we have no picks.
I was at the Memphis game and have not rewatched it to see how he lined up. Other games he was moved around more

His size is my only concern with him, I agree he may not have blazing speed but he is fast enough and quick to change direction

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
They have a DL that I like also, during a few games the announcers were pimping him as a possible 1st rounder

Guy named Logan Hall (#92), I am not sure if he is a 1st, but surely 2nd or 3rd depending on how he ends u p measuring out.

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
I’m all about staying away from a QB this draft. Let’s get a FA QB. Seemingly there will be a couple. We have bigger issues like line on both sides. If we solidify those lines I think we could dramatically improve

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I’m all about staying away from a QB this draft. Let’s get a FA QB. Seemingly there will be a couple. We have bigger issues like line on both sides. If we solidify those lines I think we could dramatically improve

Here's the best available UFA QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andy Dalton
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Tyrod Taylor
Jameis Winston
Jacoby Brissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Joe Flacco
Mitch Trubisky

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
There are a couple on that list that could probably beat out Rudolph. But, if we stay around .500 we will never get a good enough pick to grab a top QB unless we get lucky. The Steelers aren't going to tank any season. So, if we don't bite the bullet now (or soon) to try and get another franchise QB, we will be in that 20-year cycle we went between Bradshaw and Ben.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
The intriguing name that I think about is Derek Carr, I’m not sure the new raiders regime will move forward with him.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The intriguing name that I think about is Derek Carr, I’m not sure the new raiders regime will move forward with him.
He's getting up there in age as well and will chew up a ton of cap space - not quite as much as Rodgers or Wilson but enough to limit us from being too active in filling our many other needs.

GILBERT

Reaction score
I do enjoy reading draft analysis by many folks on here.

However - its too early. And it doesn't matter. I believe most on here liked the Harris pick and Bush pick (including myself from what I heard and read). I'll say it again. Harris should have been a shoe-in for rookie of the year. I know our O-line is young and raw, but need to find a way to use him.

Bush - top talent that needs a leader to feed off and motivate. We don't have one.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Here's the best available UFA QBs:

Ben Roethlisberger
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Andy Dalton
Nick Foles
Cam Newton
Tyrod Taylor
Jameis Winston
Jacoby Brissett
Teddy Bridgewater
Marcus Mariota
Joe Flacco
Mitch Trubisky
Not much to choose from. I think Fitzpatrick would be a good stop-gap assuming he is healthy. I think Carr would cost too much. Winston is alright, but i just don't see him coming here.