• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Soccer blows!!

RollRed

Reaction score
I'm sorry but soccer just isn't a sport I can get behind. In America it's win and advance... Lose and go home. Can't get into a sport where goals you scored in games you lost still matter in determining who advances.

Turd Ferguson

Reaction score
Soccer allows games to end in ties....there's your problem. Even in the NFL that's only a 2-3 time per decade thing. In soccer I would guess over half the games are ties!

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
And the most exciting development after the first couple weeks is a grown man BITING another player. Infantile and disgusting.

And it is the THIRD time this asswipe has been caught on video doing same. WTF? Maybe Mike Tyson had the wrong career choice?

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, I needed one more person to let me know how much soccer sucks.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
And the most exciting development after the first couple weeks is a grown man BITING another player. Infantile and disgusting.

And it is the THIRD time this asswipe has been caught on video doing same. WTF? Maybe Mike Tyson had the wrong career choice?

They should suspend the asswipe for a year. Besides, his team beat Italy.

Lmob0621

Reaction score

Yeah... its not Spain, Italy, and England not advancing or teams like Costa Rica and Greece moving on... its not the U.S. on the cusp of moving on from the Group of Death only to have a last second header off of a cross from the best player in the world... Its something that is being talked about but I would hardly call it the "most exciting" development.

Confluence

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah... its not Spain, Italy, and England not advancing or teams like Costa Rica and Greece moving on... its not the U.S. on the cusp of moving on from the Group of Death only to have a last second header off of a cross from the best player in the world... Its something that is being talked about but I would hardly call it the "most exciting" development.

It was the only bit of soccer that I've watched. Turned it on and sat watching with my 8 yr old (former soccer player -- thank heaven he plays the gentlemanly sport of lacrosse in the summer now) and 5 minutes later that ******** bites the dude from Itlee. Just stunningly ****** to see that on the world stage. Next morning the highlights showed he'd done it two other times previously, on video.

What a travesty. Other than Tyson and Fister Wallace last season, has there been anything like this in any other sport?

Or, maybe it is just a sign from above confirming that Canadians don't need soccer.

Steel G

Reaction score
I'm sorry but soccer just isn't a sport I can get behind. In America it's win and advance... Lose and go home. Can't get into a sport where goals you scored in games you lost still matter in determining who advances.

Seriously, it's almost as bad as watching to see if SD loses so a Steelers team with a ****** 8-8 record can make the playoffs. And the only reason SD wins? Cause the other team rested it's star players cause they were already in the post season. Damn that soccer and it's stupid rules. For the life of me, I can't understand the bitching about how the tournament works. It's no more stupid than reading through the list of NFL tiebreakers, which, has point differential on the list, same as total goals scored. Soccer is a boring *** game that Europeans get way too excited about, but I don't have a problem with following how it works.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Thought Coryea was the only *** that liked soccer.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

Then say bye-bye to the NFL as well.

Point differential comes into play in NFL divisions tiebreakers.

Admittedly it's lower down on the list of tiebreakers, but it is still taken into account.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Get used to it men...

In 10-15 years when football as we know it is extinct, or changed so much it doesn't even resemble the game today....mainly due to liability from the current brain injury firestorm...

Soccer will step right in...It is happening now, look at the popularity of the World Cup, especially the among the 30 and under crowd....Also, the number of youngsters playing soccer, compared with good ole fashioned tackle football, is changing big time!