• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Some interesting trade down scenerios

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, really there is no chance with Sewell and Slater if we stand pat. But if the stars aligned and Darrisaw falls in our lap (like DeCastro did), I would throw a spear with the player card attached right on stage next to the Commish. Then give up a 3rd next year and move up in the second and grab whichever RB is available. That would be a dream start for the draft if that were to happen. But now that I’ve said it, the scenario won’t. Dang it.
Come-on mane if you are going to throw a spear you better hit that mother ******.

stuntmanmike

Contributor
Reaction score
I think if its “all in with Ben” you gota trade up and get a playmaker, future star, a sure starter... if not then I’m for trading down... there is no one at out spot that going to make a difference on this team in 2021. were not drafting a replacement for Nelson, Hilton, Dupree, pouncey, alej, johnson or Connor at our spot... well draft someone like bud who may in a few year might develop and be worth a ****, but then again maybe not. We have so maney examples it would fill a couple pages. If not all in for Ben then Trade down and take a flyer on guys like qb Davis mills and ot Little out of Stanford, maybe center Hill out of Georgia, maybe either browning or werner out of Ohio state maybe couple fast running backs with speed that might be able get outside in Canada’s offense, maybe playmaker like that might drop amari Rodgers. I’d trade down in every round get as many players in as can be. We are in a bizarre limbo cuz of Ben regardless of the postering of the front office trying to pedal the notion to ticket holders Ben can take up to a super bowl. we are in a rebuild... trade up get a player that help us win now and also lead us when bens gone or trade down get more troops.

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Ike, I just would be amazed if a tier 1 dropped to us at 1.24 but I shouldn't have used "tier" and what I should have said the BEST LT at our 1.24 pick.

The more I look at the skill position players, particularly QB and WR, that are almost certain to go in the 1st round, the more I believe a top-tier OL will be there for us. I think it possible - not likely, mind you, but possible - that a Slater drops down to 24. I feel almost certain that Creed Humphrey will be there at 24 and I get it, he's not a LT, but wow, he is a guy to anchor the middle against those big DT's in the North for the next 10 years.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The more I look at the skill position players, particularly QB and WR, that are almost certain to go in the 1st round, the more I believe a top-tier OL will be there for us. I think it possible - not likely, mind you, but possible - that a Slater drops down to 24. I feel almost certain that Creed Humphrey will be there at 24 and I get it, he's not a LT, but wow, he is a guy to anchor the middle against those big DT's in the North for the next 10 years.

AGREE, Although for some reason I want a LT I am totally open to value and who is there. I realize Center is a BIG need as well. I just hope our 1st & 2nd rounders are starting from day one. Would be nice if rnd 3 did so as well. If there ever was a knock out year needed................ this is it.

Combination of pandemic / team cap space / and lowered cap money all seem to have left us depleted more than normal.

Salute the nation