• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

St. Vincent is in jeopardy .................... Attendance may be questionable

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
The NFL is steering teams to have TC at their home facility. The article says Coach Mike Tomlin is still deciding on what will take place.

Regardless of WHERE, fan attendance will be limited is not at all.

https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...-head-to-latrobe-for-training-camp-this-year/

Myself, I have yet to actually attend a training camp BUT have so enjoyed the stories of those who have, It definately will be a naked feeling this year.

Salute the nation

Djfan

Contributor
Reaction score
So lame. The goodell years are miles less than anyone before.

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
If we can't have fans at games, what makes us think we can have fans in Latrobe? Steelers fans are rabid, and that place would be packed. This year, to keep the players safe enough to play, keep them at the UPMC Practice facility so we can all watch them on time this season.

xjx

Reaction score
I went to training camp back in 2011. I had a lot of fun. I wanted to go again this year.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
Buster and I went about 10 years ago with my nephew and we had a blast! Seeing them on Friday nights show up in the bus and Chris Hoke doing his "Dance" was awesome. that was the year that Stefan Logan was the training camp Phenom!

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't even remember the last time I missed training camp.

This off-season continues to suck............

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If we can't have fans at games, what makes us think we can have fans in Latrobe? Steelers fans are rabid, and that place would be packed. This year, to keep the players safe enough to play, keep them at the UPMC Practice facility so we can all watch them on time this season.

I hear yaz Cope but it's still sucks for many. C-19 is catching everything it can and making things hard. People want it over and TC was hoping to be a release for many. After the intial let down, many realize exactly what you are saying.

I can't even remember the last time I missed training camp.

This off-season continues to suck............

This Pandemic has set many a first(s) for many different people. I just want it to fade away and we get a vaccine / cure too.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
If there are televised game this season with or without fans in attendance, that will be about as good as I would hope. I will certainly miss the TC reports on some unknown guy who just crushes it at camp for the first 2 weeks and then disappears. I love early August. We are usually on a summer holiday and the football blood starts to pump. Looking forward to HS for my sons and our Steelers. This sucks, but it sucks a lot more for some people. So I will count my blessings.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
If there are televised game this season with or without fans in attendance, that will be about as good as I would hope. I will certainly miss the TC reports on some unknown guy who just crushes it at camp for the first 2 weeks and then disappears. I love early August. We are usually on a summer holiday and the football blood starts to pump. Looking forward to HS for my sons and our Steelers. This sucks, but it sucks a lot more for some people. So I will count my blessings.

Your last staement is so VERY true. I always look for the good side of things and in doing so have said many a times to myself...... It could be worse. So in doing that I always count my blessings and thank our Lord.

Salute the nation

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Covid 19...bad. Stay in doors.....Riots ...good.....stay out side. Seems there is a poitical side to this. Truly ashame. Only Americans are hurt by this agenda.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Your last staement is so VERY true. I always look for the good side of things and in doing so have said many a times to myself...... It could be worse. So in doing that I always count my blessings and thank our Lord.

Salute the nation

Mom and Dad passed away last year 5 months apart. They were in a nursing home and the joy of life was over. I cannot tell you how many times I have been grateful that they didn't have to go through this bullshit in a nursing home and that we were able to honor their lives properly. I feel so sorry for the great people and their families who have to have a funeral that looks like it was for a homeless junkie.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
SteelerSask, Have you ever been to a STEELERS training camp and if so can you relate the experience?

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
No I have not. It has come down to this. Pittsburgh is an odd destination from Saskatchewan. Like you can get a sale to LA or Vegas. There is no sale to Pittsburgh. So go for camp or go to the game. Probably should have went to camp. Always went to games.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
No I have not. It has come down to this. Pittsburgh is an odd destination from Saskatchewan. Like you can get a sale to LA or Vegas. There is no sale to Pittsburgh. So go for camp or go to the game. Probably should have went to camp. Always went to games.

I'm a ways away my self so I've never been to a training camp either. slash has been to many and I ALWAYS looked foprward to his personal recollection / perspective each day nhe was there. He was kind enough to post updates as he saw them and very knowledgeable to boot. I'm going to miss those kind of things this year due to no St. Vincent's visits. Other random poster(s) would post occasionally as well.

I bet we get some local reports from our TC as it progresses as STEELER NATION is just to big to be left out.

Salute the nation

Hines57

F Ogurr
Contributor
Reaction score

this isn't a good sign for those of us who want to attend games. We will see how the rona numbers look in a few more weeks after the protests to see if there's a spike

CharlesDavenport

Reaction score
I predict that the Coronavirus will fade away quickly and some teams will do some sort of camp and stadiums will be filled as normal.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I predict that the Coronavirus will fade away quickly and some teams will do some sort of camp and stadiums will be filled as normal.

NOW say this three times while clicking your heals....................... I'd be happy to put on my heels and click away to make it so !!!!!!!

Most importantly is the fading away of the CoronA and getting back to a "more" normal state of mind which for many includes football.

Salute the nation

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I'm a ways away my self so I've never been to a training camp either. slash has been to many and I ALWAYS looked foprward to his personal recollection / perspective each day nhe was there. He was kind enough to post updates as he saw them and very knowledgeable to boot. I'm going to miss those kind of things this year due to no St. Vincent's visits. Other random poster(s) would post occasionally as well.

I bet we get some local reports from our TC as it progresses as STEELER NATION is just to big to be left out.

Salute the nation

I really look forward to the camp reports too. Part of the growing excitement of the season.

tapeANaspirin2it

Contributor
Reaction score
i think the concern about St Vincent would be more about the players staying close together in dorms.

One thing that is clear in all of this is that those in charge have no idea what to do. They make sure to do SOMETHING just so they can point o something they did even if that something is stupid like allowing people to buy lumber but not paint, or to go out in a canoe but not a boat.

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
i think the concern about St Vincent would be more about the players staying close together in dorms.

One thing that is clear in all of this is that those in charge have no idea what to do. They make sure to do SOMETHING just so they can point o something they did even if that something is stupid like allowing people to buy lumber but not paint, or to go out in a canoe but not a boat.
You either restrict it to going to work and necessity buying or open it up. People won't listen to anything past that. **** they aren't listening now.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

F83

Forefather
Reaction score
im sure with the new arrangrment ben pouncey haden decastro cam, tuitt. will help the newbies to the max.