• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

State of the CB room

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Just looking to talk some legit football since camp has finally opened.

What’s the pulse of SN regarding this unit?

To my eyes it seems we have 3 roster locks in Sutton, Witherspoon and Wallace and a whole lot of question marks after that.

I’ve seen a couple articles awhile ago by writers suggesting Maulet is also a lock to make the team (sorry no link Coolie it was a few weeks ago😎 and just spit balling here)
I am definitely not in that camp/line of thinking with some younger guys that are already flashing some potential behind Maulet…ya just gotta pull for a guy named Steele right?

With all the others in the room:

Pierre-coming of a disappointing season and looking to establish some sort of role
Layne-having the physical traits and looking the part but not putting it together to be more than a gunner
Steele-honorable mention again just on the name and a pick the other day
Maulet-some versatility while seemingly dangerously average at everything..:a trait MT seems to love in backups
Norwood-also with versatility to play slot or S in sub packages and a bit of ball hawk in him
Stephens and Platel- both with solid size but likely on the outside looking in for a spot on the PS

Who do ya have actually sticking and making the 53 and where is your confidence level in this group?
Dark horse?

Last edited:

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I want to know who if a true No. 1 will emerge or if they'll be more flexible with how they play the cornerbacks this year. I wouldn't say the confidence is particularly high out of the gate and yet will recognize there is potential there.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I like Wallace’s swag talking about shutting down half the field…make that happen and we’ll be cooking with gas.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just looking to talk some legit football since camp has finally opened.

What’s the pulse of SN regarding this unit?

To my eyes it seems we have 3 roster locks in Sutton, Witherspoon and Wallace and a whole lot of question marks after that.

I’ve seen a couple articles awhile ago by writers suggesting Maulet is also a lock to make the team (sorry no link Coolie it was a few weeks ago😎 and just spit balling here)
I am definitely not in that camp/line of thinking with some younger guys that are already flashing some potential behind Maulet…ya just gotta pull for a guy named Steele right?

With all the others in the room:

Pierre-coming of a disappointing season and looking to establish some sort of role
Layne-having the physical traits and looking the part but not putting it together to be more than a gunner
Steele-honorable mention again just on the name and a pick the other day
Maulet-some versatility while seemingly dangerously average at everything..:a trait MT seems to love in backups
Norwood-also with versatility to play slot or S in sub packages and a bit of ball hawk in him
Stephens and Platel- both with solid size but likely on the outside looking in for a spot on the PS

Who do ya have actually sticking and making the 53 and where is your confidence level in this group?
Dark horse?
Personally, I think this is the strongest group of DB's we've had.

Pierre should definitely be #4 and Maulet wasn't a bad addition last year...

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I am like usual somewhere in between this and that opinion. I think we have three number 2 corners. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing. I think the S group is deeper with more quality depth. Overall I think they will be solid just not spectacular.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
I’ve got a good feeling about Wallace, hopefully Ike T with 🙌

If he and Witherspoon can push Sutton back inside we could really have a formidable D. Especially if their job is made even easier by relentless pressure up front.

Like the depth in the room and can’t wait to get to it and prove some haters wrong this year! We’re due for #7

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
I want Haden back on q fair deal