• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

State of the UnioSN

Buff

Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope y'all enjoying your self quarantine and keeping safe and doing their part by watching Tiger King and following the NFL draft closely. Just wanted to check in with some updates and current state of affairs here at SN.

I know many of you jump directly into the forum when you log into the site. Not sure you noticed, but we have some great content on the home page of Steelernation.com produced by some knowledgeable writers, as well as a podcast run by Cope. We are also active on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram with content posted frequently as news happens.

We have revamped the site and we are making a concerted effort to drive more traffic to the site. We continue to grow and look for ways to provide value to our members.

BUT (and you know there is a big BUT there)...

This all costs money. Site costs, both on the home and forum pages, paying writers, and the man who puts his heart and soul into our brand, Justin. The site survives on the generous donations of its members, and for that we thank you. However, there are far less contributors than there are members, including very active members.

NOW

1) There is no obligation to contribute. Something that was instilled by the founder (Dave) and we will attempt to keep that for as long as we can; and
2) We recognize that these are some crazy and uncertain times, and money may be tight at the moment.

So, all I can say is that if you see value in the site/forum and want to see it improve, then consider making a contribution. The button is in the tabs just below the logo.

If you want to contribute but are tight on cash, just PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

I want to thank Justin and our SN staff (yes, including our fearless Mod team) for all the hard work and dedication to keep this THE best place for Steelers news and discussion.

Be safe

-mP

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
Well said Buff! For years we were trying to find a website home for this forum. Instead, we have created one with our online presence, as we provide original articles and podcasts that target Steeler Nation directly. Thank you all for making this forum so great, as I always pimp it as such on the podcast. Any contribution goes a long way here so I thank you all in advance for your support.

If you also want to support the page and get some new swag, you can always CLICK HERE to grab the newest SN Gear with our sweet new logo. I happily have a coffee mug (yellow inside), 3/4 T-shirt (Charcoal with Black sleeves), and black hoodie. They rock and the sizes are roomy! There are far more color options than I ever expected when I ordered, so check it out to see if there is anything you can see yourself tailgaiting in! The page gets less money with this option, but like I said. Every little bit helps!

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You're welcome. I strive to raise the standard for how this forum should operate. kinder. gentler. compassionate.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
You're welcome. I strive to raise the standard for how this forum should operate. kinder. gentler. compassionate.

giphy.gif

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
For those that aren't already doing it, follow Steeler Nation on Twitter and subscribe to our you tube channel. Jersey give away going on this weekend, go get your name in the pot...

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
For those that aren't already doing it, follow Steeler Nation on Twitter and subscribe to our you tube channel. Jersey give away going on this weekend, go get your name in the pot...

You tube channel ?...you talkin about the Steeler Nation Highlights ?

Link ?

Stryker

Podcast/ VidCast/ Writer
Contributor
Reaction score
You tube channel ?...you talkin about the Steeler Nation Highlights ?

Link ?

I run some highlights during the podcasts, which are now changing over to also being VidCasts.

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I see value in the site.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny.

I thought I was contributing. It seems I had expired. I have remedied. Really. I see value in the site.

Supersteeler

Reaction score
I have have my recurring monthly membership expire due to site / paypal snafus so many times over the years and I've had it fixed it so many times, I gave up even trying long ago honestly. I had Dave fix it a few times years ago and Justin fixed it again more recently and it still doesn't work after the initial month or two.

Last edited:

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I have have my recurring monthly membership expire due to site / paypal snafus so many times over the years and I've had it fixed it so many times, I gave up even trying long ago honestly. I had Dave fix it a few times years ago and Justin fixed it again more recently and it still doesn't work after the initial month or two.

What doesn't work? Your payment or the contributor tag?

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
That's funny.

I thought I was contributing. It seems I had expired. I have remedied. Really. I see value in the site.

PM with what subscription you got so I can set it up

Steelworth

Absolutely Worthless
Contributor
Reaction score
What doesn't work? Your payment or the contributor tag?

I know this really ain't the place, but I have to; we all keep asking Troglodyte the same thing.

Steelerfan81

HERE WE GO
Forefather
Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
They payment. It seems to deduct it for a month or two after I set it up again or when someone fixes it and then stops.

Well the only way the auto payment would be cancelled is if you do it manually on PayPal. If you'd like you can send me money per month at different way or something. We can set it up.

cpollock

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I pay yearly -- much easier ..

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Last few days the Steelernation app hasn't worked for me.It says invalid license. This forum is currently not available on this app. In the past any errors I would just get rid of the app and then add it again in the playstore. But it didn't work this time getting the same error message.Just a heads up. Is there something up with the contributor tags? not seeing that either.