• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Stay classy, Cleveland

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-late-baltimore-ravens-owner-art-modell-grave

Cemetery decries fan's actions
Updated: July 23, 2014, 4:41 PM ET
By Jamison Hensley | ESPN.com

A Cleveland Browns fan posted a video on YouTube showing himself urinating beside Art Modell's grave in Pikesville, Maryland.

The unidentified man in the video, titled "Browns Fan 'Pays Respects' to Modell," arrives at the gravesite dressed in a Baltimore Ravens Ed Reed jersey. He then pulls it off to reveal a Browns Lyle Alzado No. 77 jersey and apparently urinates on Modell's grave out of the bottom of his pants leg using a catheter.

Afterward, he speaks to the camera:

"You know, Art, when you ... tried to kill the Cleveland Brownie, you didn't do so good, the Browns fans wouldn't let you, you piece of s---," he says. "I'm in rat land, and I'm going to use the words you used a few years ago.

"As far as pissing on your grave, I had no choice."

When Modell moved the team to Baltimore in 1996, he said he had "no choice."

The video has received more than 10,000 hits. A spokeswoman for the Druid Ridge Cemetery told The Baltimore Sun that the Browns fan's decision to urinate beside Modell's grave was "disappointing and disrespectful." Police did not immediately respond to the paper on the situation and its legality.

Modell died in 2012.

Mr.Rocco

Reaction score
Well at least the brownie had the decency to use a catheter than to expose his hurting vagina to anyone.

SteelChip

Contributor
Reaction score
Actually.... that's at least one mans opinion, that's still festering from a hurt that happened a long damn time ago.

Zack_of_Steel

Reaction score
Eh, if the Rooney family did to Pittsburgh what Modell did to Cleveland, we'd be pissing on graves, too.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
There at also photos of ravens fans doing similar anduch more to Irsays grave

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
WOW, talk about holding a grudge on a game. Its just a game people. How disrespectful, not healthy carrying this around all this time. If it was just a spur of the moment prank, still not kewl. I'm a huge fan of the PITTSBURGH STEELERS, but I could never do something like this. Morals, respect, right from wrong, all would keep me from doing this. Sure, be MAD, cuss, berate, but somewhere, time has to take hold and you have to move on. PURE classless act.

Salute the nation

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Haden did the kid a favor. You cant taint a Hines Ward jersey with Joe Haden's autograph.

He wouldn't sign it, because, just like in the regular season, he couldn't seem to get his hands on it.

(Meaning a generic steelers jersey, of course, since it was AB who matched up against him last year).

Steelerfan

Reaction score
What idiot of a parent allows their kid to ask for a Brown's signature on a Steelers jersey? They ought to be reported to Child Welfare Services.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Art Modell was an awful owner and maybe even person if his business tactics show the type of person he was. Even today as Shannon Sharpe spoke about Pat Bowlen he said he played for two owners, the late Art Modell and Bowlen, and then went on to talk about how much he appreciated the kind of person Bowlen is and how he didn't care about the bottom line just winning and how he treated his players and how much he respects Bowlen. Not ONE accolade for Modell and in fact it kind of sounded like he didn't realize what a great owner he had until he went to Baltimore and had Modell as an owner.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Actually.... that's at least one mans opinion, that's still festering from a hurt that happened a long damn time ago.
I've always said I'd do that on my ex-wife's mother's grave when she passes except that its not worth the bother of driving 450 miles to do it.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
I realize that by commenting on it, I am partaking in it. However, it just seems to me that with the new instant media that anyone can be a part of, a lot of fucktards who deserve no attention get it. I can see hating someone you know personally who has maybe damaged your life, that you might want to do that. And beyond the fact that he doesn't even really know the guy, if it means so much to you, why didn't you go to the cemetery , wip it out and piss and move on. No he pulls out a catheter and makes a youtube video like a coward punk. I hope the old man haunts him.

Wingman

Reaction score
I realize that by commenting on it, I am partaking in it. However, it just seems to me that with the new instant media that anyone can be a part of, a lot of fucktards who deserve no attention get it. I can see hating someone you know personally who has maybe damaged your life, that you might want to do that. And beyond the fact that he doesn't even really know the guy, if it means so much to you, why didn't you go to the cemetery , wip it out and piss and move on. No he pulls out a catheter and makes a youtube video like a coward punk. I hope the old man haunts him.

He can't, the fires of hell can't get through that much liquid. Doing it in secret does not send a message. In reality it is not that big a deal, there are likely lots of animals urinating on graves every night. It is much the same as burning someone or some thing in effigy, it is designed to send a message. As to the browns fans, I felt sorry for them because their team left. I also felt sorry for Baltimore cause their team left. There are others as well.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Modell owned a business. He made a business decision. I know we are all passionate about this, but cmon. People give fifteen - twenty years of their lives to a company only to be downsized or outsourced on a business decision. GM made a business decision on a two bit part. What was the impact there? In the end of the day, this is entertainment. Not real life.

steel dino

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
You know Myron Cope used to piss off the roof of old Cleveland Municipal Stadium.

just saying..this guy might not be the first person to piss on Modell...

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Modell owned a business. He made a business decision. I know we are all passionate about this, but cmon. People give fifteen - twenty years of their lives to a company only to be downsized or outsourced on a business decision. GM made a business decision on a two bit part. What was the impact there? In the end of the day, this is entertainment. Not real life.

I understand that but that in part is what's wrong with the world. People look at the bottom line and not the impact of their decisions. I think if more people and companies looked at things with a bigger picture at thought we'd have less crime, polution, poverty, and greed.