• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steal of the Undrafted: CB Shakur Brown

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers added a lot of talent last week in the 2021 NFL Draft. However, one of the most underrated moves from last weekend came after “Mr. Irrelevant” was announced. After the closing of the draft, the Steelers, like the rest of the NFL, began signing some talent that went undrafted and the major key addition to that group for the Steelers was Michigan State’s CB Shakur Brown.

During his time at Michigan State, Brown posted 54 tackles, 38 of which were solos, 2 sacks, and 7 interceptions, 1 of those taken back to the house, and 9 pass breakups. He’s listed at 5’11” and 190lbs. and isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty. On tape, Brown shows the ability to fight through blocks to absolutely halt ball carriers in their tracks. The Steelers love good-tackling cornerbacks! He plays the ball well in the air and is very strong in handling man coverage duties.

The cornerback was added to the list of players fighting for a roster spot in the CB room and could be the steal of day 3! A lot of draft analysts, including one of our own draft gurus here at SteelerNation.com, Matt Papiernik, had Brown ranked as a top 150 draft prospect in this year’s class. In fact, ESPN had the versatile cornerback ranked in the top 100 at number 90 overall. They also had him listed as the 14th ranked corner. I believe that Brown can immediately come in and compete for the slot cornerback position with fellow former Spartan Justin Layne and 7th round pick Tre Norwood as well as provide depth on the outside. This kid is an absolute stud and I look forward to watching him compete! If you feel that the Steelers waited too long before addressing the cornerback position in this year’s draft, don’t worry, let this play out. Someone like Brown could surprise you!

Check out Brown’s career highlights while at Michigan State below!

What do yinz think of undrafted rookie CB Shakur Brown? Sound off in the comment section below, or on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems promising. I absolutely heard his name mentioned by draftniks in the run-up to the draft.

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully they don’t screw up this kids development

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
Can he wear number 84 under the new number rules ?????? ...... help out those companies and people stuck with BROWN inventory

HMMMM... a Michigan player undrafted picked up by the Steelers ......... would be a better story than a Central Michigan taken in the 6th round if he becomes a great player

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
Can he wear number 84 under the new number rules ?????? ...... help out those companies and people stuck with BROWN inventory

HMMMM... a Michigan player undrafted picked up by the Steelers ......... would be a better story than a Central Michigan taken in the 6th round if he becomes a great player
I wonder if time will heal wounds with AB. **** he was a good player. Absolutely, my favorite player for about three straight years. People say the Madden curse is fake. **** I don't know. He might be the poster child for that.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if time will heal wounds with AB. **** he was a good player. Absolutely, my favorite player for about three straight years. People say the Madden curse is fake. **** I don't know. He might be the poster child for that.
I respect his game as a football player ...... but the way the relationship ended with the organization and the video he himself put out there with the cops, mother of his kids, children and a bag of gummie dicks is hard to erase....... entitlement and bad choices don't get a pass with me.....

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
**** AB.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I respect his game as a football player ...... but the way the relationship ended with the organization and the video he himself put out there with the cops, mother of his kids, children and a bag of gummie dicks is hard to erase....... entitlement and bad choices don't get a pass with me.....

He's a really ****** human and has some mental health issues.

Paul G

Bleed Black 'n' Gold
Contributor
Reaction score
He's a really ****** human and has some mental health issues.
Agree there are issues there........ he has toned it down but I think that is attributed to wanting to get back to the NFL ...... after it is all said and done I think he regresses again

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Agree there are issues there........ he has toned it down but I think that is attributed to wanting to get back to the NFL ...... after it is all said and done I think he regresses again

He only cares about AB. Sucks he has a superbowl ring. If anyone should go their entire career without one ,it's him.

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
He only cares about AB. Sucks he has a superbowl ring. If anyone should go their entire career without one ,it's him.
he rode Tom Brady's schlong for 2 years to get that ring. AB should be carrying his luggage, shining his Uggs and paying for his meals for the next year.