• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers 2nd Round Pick

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
Yeah, not really

but for those looking for a new punter

the best player from UH last season (they also have a tackle coming out)

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
I would worry about blocks with him being so tall. Doesn't look like leg strength would be an issue.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Tibs

Contributor
Reaction score
That dude is a stud punter if there ever was one, Coolie. Maybe if he's still on the board round five or so....

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, not really

but for those looking for a new punter

the best player from UH last season (they also have a tackle coming out)

But what about his Top Speed? That’s the most important thing according to Coach. All other attributes are secondary....

Sent from my iPad using Steeler Nation mobile app

LastRide

Reaction score
It looks like he barely boots the ball and it travels a mile. He takes one small step and lets her go. He had really good placement. I noticed our coverage team is always late getting down the field. Even on shorter kicks. Maybe that's the way our special teams are taught to play it.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
well the other guy out of UH that I like is an OT and it is hard finding highlight film on tackles....Josh Jones could be a good addition

4th round or do you think sooner??

Salute the nation

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
4th round or do you think sooner??

Salute the nation

I'm not great at analyzing OL play, but he started every game he wasn't out hurt for in his 4 years (he redshirted as a freshman) Played left tackle and did a solid job. At 6'7" and 310#s he has the size for the spot. My guess is he could go as high as mid to late 2nd round, but could slip to 3rd or 4th if there are runs on other positions.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not great at analyzing OL play, but he started every game he wasn't out hurt for in his 4 years (he redshirted as a freshman) Played left tackle and did a solid job. At 6'7" and 310#s he has the size for the spot. My guess is he could go as high as mid to late 2nd round, but could slip to 3rd or 4th if there are runs on other positions.

We NEED a left tackle, I'll try and check him out, not that I'm great at evaluation.

Salute the nation

Stoney

Reaction score
I'm sure someone will be here soon to say he sucks and is nowhere near that size and he will likely go undrafted....based on not ever seeing him play

To my eyes he appears to be closer to 6'0" 280s-ish, and appears to have a club foot. Probably go undrafted.

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Inwould be fine with two olinemen and a te in our first 3 picks... maybe a superfast wr if one drops...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd be up for drafting a Bama running back. They all pretty much look the same. Tall, big and pretty fast.
Et, Dobbins, or Perine. Those are my three likes. Et might be off the board but I could see Dobbins in the 2nd or Perine with that late 3rd comp if available.

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm hoping we can replace Foster with another Tennessee OL who wears 73 - Trey Smith. He had some blood clot issues, but those have been worked out. They moved him inside on the OL and he's a ******* monster at LG.

Drink IRON City

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone here think James Conner will hold up for a FULL season this coming year? I don't think he will but keep him due to low cost rookie salary.

It won't make any difference until Fitchner ups his game.

Salute the nation

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
i'm hoping we can replace Foster with another Tennessee OL who wears 73 - Trey Smith. He had some blood clot issues, but those have been worked out. They moved him inside on the OL and he's a ******* monster at LG.

Oh I was reading about him as I was looking at O-linemen. He looks like a RT possibility. But Steelers could use a Foster upgrade too. I am thinking 3rd round? The clot history dropping him a.round...