• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers add Ron'Dell Carter

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like a camp filler.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
Veteran help......umm. OK.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Camp body who has at best a 50/50 shot at making the team. Tuszka has been improving and still should be the No. 3 or 4 OLB unless someone really lights things up. Carter just hasn't shown that in 3 years yet. Tuszka definitely has the advantage here.

Fiji Mariner

Reaction score
Not to turn this into the Tuszka thread but I had to do a little digging cuz you guys got me thinking why I wasn’t impressed with him with limited knowledge of him/his career.

A few interesting facts I found:

•played 24% of defensive snaps last year-this number surprised me a bit, higher than I thought it would be
•won 4 FCS titles-impressive even though against lower caliber athletes he’s a winner
•won a defensive player of the year award in college
•ran a 4.79 at the combine…Jordan Davis for reference a 4.78

He did seem to show improvement last year though as has been pointed out…guess I should keep an open mind about him because I have also been predisposed to thinking we should have a better backup there.

Between Tuszka, Avery, Skipper and Carter maybe just maybe we get a couple of suitable backups to emerge.

KStilley

Contributor
Reaction score
Not a mention of Avery in the article, kind of strange. I assumed that's why we picked him up in the off season. I guess we'll find out more over the next few weeks, matter of fact I haven't read anything about him anywhere recently.