• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Attempted to Trade Roethlisberger to SF in 2010

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
This very board was full of people wanting to move him back then. Plenty wanted Bortles to come to pitt.

Joe

There were one or two longtime posters here who quite the board and claimed to stop following the team when they didn't get rid of Ben.

stillwright

Contributor
Reaction score
No one wanted him. I think the Raiders showed interest, but the story going around was they wanted "bonus" incentives let's say if they were to take him, too rich for the Steelers.

I said it like this yesterday on Facebook: If he would have been traded to the 49ers, on that day till today the Pittsburgh Steelers would have won 0 Super Bowls.

Since he wasn't traded and stayed ,from that day till today the Steelers won 0 Super Bowls.

Life is all about perspective.......
He was exciting to watch, but way too many flaws in his game. Thanks 7 it was what it was....
So the exact same amount that they won(SBs) with him since then. Zero.

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
There were one or two longtime posters here who quite the board and claimed to stop following the team when they didn't get rid of Ben.
People claim to stop watching over anything that doesn’t align with their views. They still watch. They are too emotionally drawn in. If the nfl product ever goes down as I expect it to with the new generation of kiddos not too keen on playing football. I feel like there are going to be a many of lost souls here.

Just remember life has plenty of choices if the sports ever go down. Lol

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but I'm thinking if anything the 49ers had a trade package in place to offer the Steelers, not that a deal was necessarily in place. If Art Rooney and Kevin Colbert had a deal in place with the Texans to acquire Deshaun Watson, I don't think they would be asking if they want him, but telling him they found his new franchise QB.