• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers-Bengals game thread #RunThroughTheJungle

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Really man? Was that called for? I'm talking about the situation. It's a sport for me and you, and it's financial for them....grow up.
Guess not.

Joe

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I have no idea what the starters were doing on the field in that final drive. Also, I've given this coaching staff a ton of respect and leeway, but what the ever loving ****?

Joe

Steeler

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm hopping aboard the Ben should retire wagon. NOT because I don't think he can play, but because the rest of the team is trash. This O line won't be repaired for a few years most likely, and we're gonna have a bunch of holes to fill over the next couple years.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It may be that, but Ike Taylor on a podcast a month or so ago said something very interesting Something like: "7 has way too much say in what goes on with the offense, that's all i'm gonna say...."

So remember that when you see an RPO called(like in this game) on 3rd and 3 and Ben throws 45 yards incomplete. It's Ben not Canada...It was Ben not Haley...etc. It's easy to blame the coaches like lots of fans do when they don't know what they are seeing and in their minds their hero can not be blamed....ever.
It's also Ben who goes in to no-huddle and takes an offense that hasn't moved the ball all day and marches down the field to score a TD. He was **** today. Ok. We get it. But those of you hoping that Mason, or laughably the guy who got cut from the ******* REDSKINS is going to come in and score 8 TDs a quarter... Well, enjoy your happy thoughts.

This team is garbage, top to bottom. There are literally 3 maybe 4 good players on the entire team. And one of them is the kicker. And rather than excuse the coaching, that is an indictment of just how ****** they are at developing ANY kind of talent or ability.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Really man? Was that called for? I'm talking about the situation. It's a sport for me and you, and it's financial for them....grow up.
That wasn't actually directed at you. And the fact is Ben played a ****** game and should be called out for it, but to suggest he's complete trash and that the only reason he's playing is for money and ego are ******* ridiculous.

I don't have an "I LOVE Roethlisberger " tee shirt, but I do recognize that he is the ONLY reason this team has been competitive for the last 17 years. It sure as **** wasn't the coach. Yes, he's done. It is clear the year off was just too much time away from the game to do the things he's been able to do throughout his career. And yes, this season is going to suck. But at least respect the fact that Roethlisberger has done more for the franchise than just about any player since perhaps Terry Bradshaw, and frankly that's debatable.

steelreeling

Reaction score
Steelers needed a whole new OL. They knew Tuitt was questionable so they needed DL help. They needed a starting ILB. They needed depth at OLB. They needed CBs. They chose to spend a 1st rounder on a RB.
Who's career may very well be done - his goose cooked from taking too many hits - in 4 more seasons. 2025

Skott

Contributor
Reaction score
Boy they better hope these young these young O linemen they drafted blossom and become solid pros or else the franchise is going to find itself starting over from square freaking one very soon.
They have shown nothing after 10 games

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
It's also Ben who goes in to no-huddle and takes an offense that hasn't moved the ball all day and marches down the field to score a TD. He was **** today. Ok. We get it. But those of you hoping that Mason, or laughably the guy who got cut from the ******* REDSKINS is going to come in and score 8 TDs a quarter... Well, enjoy your happy thoughts.

This team is garbage, top to bottom. There are literally 3 maybe 4 good players on the entire team. And one of them is the kicker. And rather than excuse the coaching, that is an indictment of just how ****** they are at developing ANY kind of talent or ability.
I don’t think anyone thought Mason or Haskins would do that. No reason not to give them some work though. If they’re so bad they can’t even be brought in the last 10 minutes of a game we’re going to lose anyway, they shouldn’t be on the team.

maowv

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure the Steelers could have beaten (University of) Cincinnati today.

BLITZ

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh **** off with this type of typical bull ****. This fan base is a great fan base. Yes ,critical to players that deserve it. And reap accolades on players that deserve it. Ben has had both. And right now he surely doesn’t deserve accolades.
What’s he made? 250 million from the Steelers. Boo Hoo. He should have hung them up. He will be revered as one of the all time greats by this fan base. But it’s time. Actually it was time 3 years ago. Hopefully management and fans like you have enough balls to realize this. Should have been done a minimum of a year ago. And no,it’s not all his fault. JHC.
Ben is not in the top 10 of concerns for this team this year.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score
And with the 8th pick in the draft, the Steelers pick... an undersized WR from some school you probably haven't heard of.
It's funny because
c95b7164b0de13ce3acbae6ef9f009a5.jpg

MB47

Reaction score
Tomlin hired a bottom of the barrel Online coach Klemm to fix this dumpster fire. Typical low rent hire on a stafff of dumbasses.

SteelerinMD

Unleashing Mediocrity Since 1/22/07
Forefather
Reaction score
I still feel and will continue to feel the talent is there and on par with most teams. When the Steelers are winning chests are pounded. At the end of every day under Tomlin; this team is clueless. The players are dealt losing hands on each and ever play call. Praying for “A” player to make a play, not that unit. Both sides of the ball. And the play calls mean nothing when the scheme is non existent. Does not matter what player is out there with this teams philosophy. They seems to teach, practice and scheme horribly. Just watch any other game or team without B&G glasses. It is obvious

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
I still feel and will continue to feel the talent is there and on par with most teams. When the Steelers are winning chests are pounded. At the end of every day under Tomlin; this team is clueless. The players are dealt losing hands on each and ever play call. Praying for “A” player to make a play, not that unit. Both sides of the ball. And the play calls mean nothing when the scheme is non existent. Does not matter what player is out there with this teams philosophy. They seems to teach, practice and scheme horribly. Just watch any other game or team without B&G glasses. It is obvious
Other than QB play, the biggest difference between the Steelers and other teams right now is the trenches. The offensive line is bad with little to no high pedigree talent while the defensive line is ultra talented, but got decimated by injuries.

MB47

Reaction score
Great post

Reactions: MTC

Steelmann

Reaction score
Ben is not in the top 10 of concerns for this team this year.
Well let me see
You have QB play
RB play
OL play
WR play
DL play
DB play
LB play
Coaching
Management /Owners
Yep. QB play is definitely in the top 10 🤪🤨🙂

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone thought Mason or Haskins would do that. No reason not to give them some work though. If they’re so bad they can’t even be brought in the last 10 minutes of a game we’re going to lose anyway, they shouldn’t be on the team.
I don't argue with the fact that they should have sat Ben in the 2nd half. There was no hope of winning that game probably midway through the 3rd, so there was no reason to keep him out there when they could have used the opportunity to develop Mason a bit.

I was merely commenting on the "Ben suck soooooo bad" crowd. He had a ****** game, no arguments. But it's not like the backups are going to do anything but suck worse. However, as pointed out, no need to play him out there when A) he wasn't playing well and B) the ONLY thing they could have accomplished was getting him killed behind that obscenity they call a line.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Well let me see
You have QB play
RB play
OL play
WR play
DL play
DB play
LB play
Coaching
Management /Owners
Yep. QB play is definitely in the top 10 🤪🤨🙂
You forgot special teams...

Supersteeler

Reaction score
Not having Tuitt and Alualu is killing the defense this year.....and exposing Bush badly. When the D LIne is great it can cover up a lot behind you.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They have shown nothing after 10 games

I hear yaz Skott but also add in the OL coach who hasn't seemed to better tham one single bit. Coe in and talk "BEAT who is infront of you nastiness" all you want but you still need to train the horses.

Salute the nation

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It's funny because
c95b7164b0de13ce3acbae6ef9f009a5.jpg

I think two really big needs are OT and ILB and I'd say the odds of us taking either in the 1st and it being a legitimate bonified (not project) player is slim.

Salute the nation

oneforthebus

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't argue with the fact that they should have sat Ben in the 2nd half. There was no hope of winning that game probably midway through the 3rd, so there was no reason to keep him out there when they could have used the opportunity to develop Mason a bit.

I was merely commenting on the "Ben suck soooooo bad" crowd. He had a ****** game, no arguments. But it's not like the backups are going to do anything but suck worse. However, as pointed out, no need to play him out there when A) he wasn't playing well and B) the ONLY thing they could have accomplished was getting him killed behind that obscenity they call a line.
Ben’s not going to get any better. I doubt Mason will either. Maybe Haskins has a chance at improving, at least he’s young and athletic and considering we have no Oline that might give him an advantage over the other 2.

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Ben’s not going to get any better. I doubt Mason will either. Maybe Haskins has a chance at improving, at least he’s young and athletic and considering we have no Oline that might give him an advantage over the other 2.
Haskins is young, but he's not athletic. Low percentile in the 40 and vertical jump (https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/dwayne-haskins) and a RAS score of just 3.47 (https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=5955). He compares very poorly relative to his peers.