• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers bring in tremendous haul on day one

Stewey

Reaction score
Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette just released his fourth, and final, 7-round Steelers mock draft, and while he, like everyone else who does mock drafts, is merely speculating, his speculations come from an inside look into the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and locker room.

Somewhere Todd McShay or Mel Kiper Jr. have never been.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...n-day-1-and-2-of-nfl-draft-rashaan-evans-news

We shall see.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the link..................

NOTE: the artickle sat the bottom I found interesting as well.

Salute the nation

Stewey

Reaction score
Evans might not be the fastest linebacker in the draft, and he did nothing to answer that question for scouts by electing not to run the 40-yard dash during the pre-draft process. But the tape doesn’t lie. What he might lack in elite speed he makes up for with an aggressive downhill style that should mesh well with the Steelers defense. NFL Network analyst Daniel Jeremiah describes him as a “Steeler-type player.” Evans played through a groin injury last fall, but if he’s healthy, he’ll be plenty athletic enough to develop into a three-down linebacker. He has the potential to be a plug-and-play starter, and his presence will help the Steelers get over the loss of Shazier.

But wasn't Shazier fast?...I mean really fast? It seems funny to say that a slow linebacker will help the Steelers get over the loss of Shazier.

I profess that I'm barely a casual fan of college ball, don't know much about the players...I just don't want another slow linebacker.

Last edited:

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Ive kinda decided if the Steelers go Evans it’s definitely not to replace Shazier but to replace Vince Williams in 2019 when he’s a free agent.

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
It seems funny to say a slow linebacker will help the Steelers

still a unknown what his true 40 is, I am not willing to label him "slow"

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I know some of yinz want a true Shazier replacement, but his speed and athleticism was rare.

All they can do is find the best LBers available. And a Bince upgrade might be as good as it gets for a few years........

FordFairLane

Reaction score
I agree we will never have another ILB that is as fast as Shaz was. But there’s plenty of guys who are 4.6 or under. Jerome Baker, Kenny Young, Oren Burks, Malik Jefferson, Mathew Thomas and none of those guys are going round one so there’s opportunity. Just who fits the system and role with them.

Chiba

Reaction score
Not saying it applies here, but a 4.7 player who is quick to diagnose the play usually gets there faster than a 4.5 player who doesn't sense where the ball is going and relies on his foot speed to get there after everyone else has reacted.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Not saying it applies here, but a 4.7 player who is quick to diagnose the play usually gets there faster than a 4.5 player who doesn't sense where the ball is going and relies on his foot speed to get there after everyone else has reacted.

I’m talking about a player that flips their hips and runs with a TE. Sub 4.7 is what you look for.

milkman dan

Reaction score
http://www.Invalid Link - Check SN ...teelers-mock-draft-version-5-0-final-version/

I'm guessing between these two mocks, you'll have a fairly accurate depiction of how it plays out. ILB/S or S/ILB. The thing worth noting in Bryan's mock is his lack of a RB. And that's mostly from his belief that Bell will be re-signed.

bermudasteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Ray Fittipaldo of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette just released his fourth, and final, 7-round Steelers mock draft, and while he, like everyone else who does mock drafts, is merely speculating, his speculations come from an inside look into the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and locker room.

Somewhere Todd McShay or Mel Kiper Jr. have never been.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...n-day-1-and-2-of-nfl-draft-rashaan-evans-news

We shall see.

Before I click on the link - how did he do mocking us last year???

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Before I click on the link - how did he do mocking us last year???

30. Steelers: Tre’Davious White, CB, LSU — Skilled corner with man coverage skills; just what they need.

He had Watt going to the Packers that was fair. As they traded out

Last edited:

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I see he did predict Conner and Dobbs being drafted so he does get kudos for that......

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
He's a well placed source so...

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Can we presumptuously hold hands and bellow "ROOOOOOOOLLLL TIDE ROLL" when Evans is the pick at 1.28???

Absolutely...

The LVE worshipers will have a meltdown, and will have to rush to look at a few more SPARQ scores to see whose left.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a reminder Steelers have went power 5 picks -> round 1 and 2, since Ben's pick.

And even then it was said that Rooney had to influence the pick to where it happened.

Tommy Tom sidesteps small schools early.

FordFairLane

Reaction score

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/colleges/a

A lot of draft picks for Alabama. Not a lot of quality football players...

Not sure I agree with that last tidbit.

Last year they tied for the most in the top 100. With 5. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...g-down-top-100-nfl-players-of-2017-by-college

Like any other school there will be fails and yeah when you are bringing in large volume of players, there will obviously be more fails in comparison.