• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers -Chargers game thread #LateNightFightA'ght

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-copy.jpg
Haven't you heard? They're letting EVERYONE in now.

MB47

Reaction score
Herbert became the 3rd QB in history with 350 yards passing and 75 yards rushing. He became the 1st QB with those numbers to win the game. More Tomlin resume builders.

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
We gave up 533 yards and 33 first downs . That includes 5 drops on wide open throws. Sorry Watt and Fitzpatrick won't solve all these defensive problems that Tomlin oversees.
stop saying "we" troll

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude, with this loss the Steelers are at the bottom of the division.
I think Cleveland is still slightly below.

MB47

Reaction score
You mean where you blame everyone else and fail to even mention Tomlin and his failures ?

Exactly what do you know about football except calling people fucktarfs who don't tow the company line and actually discuss the **** show that is being played in front of our eyes ?

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
You mean where you blame everyone else and fail to even mention Tomlin and his failures ?

Exactly what do you know about football except calling people fucktarfs who don't tow the company line and actually discuss the **** show that is being played in front of our eyes ?
never ever called anyone a fucktarf

you are not discussing anything. you are just saying Tomlin is an idiot and acting like you aren't a ******* troll

blaming others is not waving pom poms for Tomlin.....still waiting on you to find those posts

fucktarf

oh **** now I have

madinsomniac

Reaction score
Our defense has two guys at cb who can cover guys all over the field and a third who kind of can… the rest of the guys are meant to cover for a short time in a short area… most dont have the speed to keep up over time… so the defense is built around rushing passes with pressure

Also tomlin’s zones get picked apart too often… playing man on these guys is preferable

Right now our dline is heyward and a mash unit
Our olb corps was shorthanded and shallow before the watt injury… youd think wed learn from having to play marsh at lb that we need more depth there

One of our two ilbs is playing super tentatively probably because of his knee

I mean its not an ideal situation

On offense there needs to be a question why for umpteenth years we play a lot of super conservative gameplans early but can pile up points late

This isnt a one year abnormal thing… its been going on for years now

The O line has issues that we ate trying to ignore and it’s burning us in critical moments

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
4th and goal, turnover on downs, twice.
I meant fumbles or INT's.
Still, 4th and goal on the 1 and they call four pass plays.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score

They have 4 games against bitter division rivals, pretty good offenses in the Chiefs and Vikings. The Titans are a physical running team with an OL light years better than ours. They'll need all of the top horses out of the damn barn for that one.

I see 3 wins maybe. At this point anything over that will be overachieving for these guys. Going 4-0 in the remaining division games is what I'd shoot for.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
Our defense has two guys at cb who can cover guys all over the field and a third who kind of can… the rest of the guys are meant to cover for a short time in a short area… most dont have the speed to keep up over time… so the defense is built around rushing passes with pressure

Also tomlin’s zones get picked apart too often… playing man on these guys is preferable

Right now our dline is heyward and a mash unit
Our olb corps was shorthanded and shallow before the watt injury… youd think wed learn from having to play marsh at lb that we need more depth there

One of our two ilbs is playing super tentatively probably because of his knee

I mean its not an ideal situation

On offense there needs to be a question why for umpteenth years we play a lot of super conservative gameplans early but can pile up points late

This isnt a one year abnormal thing… its been going on for years now

The O line has issues that we ate trying to ignore and it’s burning us in critical moments

Our zone. Leave the wr wide open for 10-15 yard pass plays all game.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Not having Tuitt hurt them this year. We need more disruptive forces on the line.
I really believe Tuitt will never be the player he was before he took a year and a half off. Pretty hard to come back from that kind of hiatus and be dominant as you were.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They have 4 games against bitter division rivals, pretty good offenses in the Chiefs and Vikings. The Titans are a physical running team with an OL light years better than ours. They'll need all of the top horses out of the damn barn for that one.

I see 3 wins maybe. At this point anything over that will be overachieving for these guys. Going 4-0 in the remaining division games is what I'd shoot for.
The tragedy is, you're likely right and Tomlin will skate once more with his sacred "non-losing season". Everytime I hear that I want to kill somebody's baby.

Pittsburgh Charlie

Forefather
Reaction score

Definitely 3 wins!
8-8-1 no losing seasons baby woooo

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
The tragedy is, you're likely right and Tomlin will skate once more with his sacred "non-losing season". Everytime I hear that I want to kill somebody's baby.

Note to self: Keep sharp objects and babies away from Wig. He may Wig out.

Don't sweat it brother. Embrace the suck. We know how this story ends.

Reactions: wig

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
All zones have seams and vacated areas… you have to adjust coverages when teams figure it out or tgey eat you alive

They've been getting trashed for a long time in it. I take that back,when they get no pass rush, it gets trashed every single time. Just watch how other teams can play the Steelers offense like a blanket and right up on the line. Which is now every single week going back to last year after game 11. The Steelers are right now incapable of that. They can't even adjust to stop a running qb.

They're right on course for a repeat of the last 12 years, minus the last few times they got mauled and embarrassed in the playoffs.

It is what it is. I'll enjoy whatever wins they get and sporadic decent plays. I suppose it's better than being yearly carp, but it's far below any standard of excellence that they themselves set....err long ago.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, we still got Boz!
And despite what some folks want to portray, Ben had a better than average game. Sure, we all wanted to see the Steelers somehow put together a game winning drive, but after the D gave up what, 75 or so yards in about a minute... I just don't see how they were going to overcome that.

Then add in the fact that Ben was baby-seal-clubbed twice in a row on completely whiffed blocks... What were they gonna do?

I can tell you this... say Ben had hit D.J. on a slant a'la Kordell Stewart vs the Ravens so many years ago and D.J. runs the length of the field for a TD. Does ANYBODY believe for one moment that the Chargers don't march right back down against this defense and score again?

Twice yesterday they scored within 1:30. Once before half and once near the end. They were able to score at will. At Will. I believe the Steelers could have scored 75 and the Chargers would have scored 79. The D was THAT BAD. I think they got 2, maybe 3 stops the entire game. And 1 of them was a turnover.

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
And for those of you upset that Ben threw on that last FG series while he was in no-huddle. Ya, it sucked that they didn't take more time off the clock. But there was NO WAY in hell that they were going to be able to eat up the entire almost 4 minutes remaining. And since, as we saw, the Chargers were able to score pretty much within 1 minute, the best play was to do just what they did. Give themselves a chance to have the ball at the end of the game.

Furthermore... Do you think to yourself, "Ya, they just bashed Najee's head in and turned his brain halfway to mush. What about I give him the ball a few more times and let them finish the job!" We all know Ballage and Snell just haven't been reliable, so honestly, despite the fact that the Chargers are about the shittiest run defense in the league, in the situation, they were still a ******* stone wall vs the Steelers.

Hindsight. You can do AMAZING ******* things with it. But none of it matters.