• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers - CovidClowns game thread : playoff edition

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
How overrated is this defense...take the drops away and the clowns would have 42, no bowing of the neck, all touchdowns and no FG for the browns, gashing us on run plays. The browns shouldn't even throw the ball again...

Last edited:

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I feel he is hurt (Ben) and line is old and none of them practice but the Randy is first and foremost the issue

Sent from my iPhone using Steeler Nation mobile app

I agree with some of this but not all

Don’t make excuses for Ben. He is not hurt. He is old, stubborn, immobile, has lost arm strength, and won’t attempt certain deep throws

Agreed the line is old and bad, Randy is a HUGE problem, and they don’t practice. They come out every game looking like they’ve never played football before

Punxsutawney

Reaction score
The defense is missing key pieces. I will cut them some slack. Haden out Bush out Dupree out Highsmith out. Spillane is a Vince replacement not a Bush replacement.

Most of those guys, including Heyward and Watt, did not play last week and they did better than they've done tonight.

str8liner

Reaction score
You hope the Browns pour it on? That is a loser mentality. You play with heart and see what you can do.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Steeler Nation mobile app

Oh ya, come back make it close and still lose...

Then start working for that winning season next year all over again...

Its good enough for some it seems.

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
The first pick was horrible, 2nd hit Dionte right in the hands, 3rd was tipped.

Cleveland is missing 3 starting olinemen and their playcaller, and they're ***** slapping our defense

This is a **** sandwich and everyone has taken a huge bite
OH, I agree. But Pouncey and Ben deserve special note for their turnovers

Sent from my SM-A515U using Steeler Nation mobile app

nitsuj1225

Reaction score
Well, it was fun during the first 11 games but after that not so much.
I agree with the narrative of this being 18 years of frustration spilling out of the browns! They are blowing there wad right now and they will have little left when they go to KC. And yes I'm saying this game is over. This is very disappointing to wait all weekend to watch my Steelers play only to watch this lack luster performance.

As much as we all love Ben, I think he should retire or it's just going to be same thing next season. Let the losing seasons and rebuild begin.

The last few wins before 11 weren't even fun. They looked like garbage but were still pulling them out by the skin of their teeth. Not changing anything makes this display inevitable.

AggieSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah honestly... part of me wants to see the beat down continue. Let’s be honest, we’re not winning this game. Might as well lose in a fashion that embarrasses all involved and leaves no doubt as to the coaching and key position personnel overhaul that is required

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
For anyone else does this feel like all those times Tom Brady just completely f***** us in the *** over and over and over and at some point you started to wonder if the Steelers liked it.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
When did Tomlin shave his head? He looks nothing like Shaft. He’s not gonna scare any white people and that’s a problem.

str8liner

Reaction score
The last few wins before 11 weren't even fun. They looked like garbage but were still pulling them out by the skin of their teeth. Not changing anything makes this display inevitable.

It started in Dallas I think? Or was Jacksonville first? They won, but looked like **** doing it and everyone just blew it off as a bad game. One of those games, Ben was favoring his elbow and limped some like it was a knee problem I remember...

At the time I though oh **** here we go...

And boy did it go....

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
In the replays I am seeing whiff, after whiff, after whiff by Edmunds..........Is he a FA this tear?

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah honestly... part of me wants to see the beat down continue. Let’s be honest, we’re not winning this game. Might as well lose in a fashion that embarrasses all involved and leaves no doubt as to the coaching and key position personnel overhaul that is required

The problem is Black Jesus has a job for life.

Stainless

Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like there is a lot of thread merging going on.