• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Deal for Minkah Fitzpatrick

Supersteeler

Reaction score
The move makes more sense when Ben is healthy. It's makes less sense now but I'm still ok with it.

After thinking about it for a few days, the thing I like most about it (other than the player) is the remaining cap friendly years left on that contract. He's not a rental player. And I am pretty confident that Ben will be back next year and will have a couple more productive seasons before he hangs them up. If this was a one year deal I would like it a lot less.

Last edited:

Irondiesel58

Reaction score
Let me fix the defense, dump the 3-4, it was created to stop the run and the zone blitz design was to rush the QB with LBs.

The game has completely changed, blitzes get burned by QBs getting rid of the ball to spread offenses.

What u need is 4 stud pass rushing D linemen up front, of which we have NONE

Then u need shutdown stud CBs to play man, throw that whole 10 yd cushion **** this team runs out the window

LBs and safeties are second tier players in the new NFL, the Steelers are still drafting like its the 1980s lol
Except for 49ers just went to the super bowl by running the rock. You just need a balanced D.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Steeler Nation mobile app

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Everyone would be bitching if we didn't make a move....

Me??? I'm bitching cause all ya'll are bitching.......

You must be a *****.......................!!!

Salute the nation

Steeltime

They killed Kenny!
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Getting a 1st team All Pro in the 2nd year of his rookie deal at a position of critical need in week 3 of the pick year for the #18 is a screaming steal no matter how you cut it.

And the Broncos with the 20th pick selected ... Noah Fant, TE. Pick 52 wound up being ... Drew Sample, TE.

Yikes. That draft proves the theory that each selection down after the first 10-12 picks yields MUCH less quality talent. The players that the Steelers arguably could have taken and improved the team a great deal are Josh Jacobs in the 1st, DK Metcalf in the 2nd. That presumes a lot, however, i.e., that the Steelers would have taken both players, and that DJ does not turn out to be the better receiver.

Me? I think Fitzpatrick + DJ >>> Jacobs + Metcalf