• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Deal for Minkah Fitzpatrick

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Steelers came to an agreement with the Miami Dolphins tonight that will send star cornerback Minkah Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh in exchange for the Steelers 2020 first round draft pick. Fitzpatrick was drafted 11th overall by Miami last season after playing at powerhouse Alabama. Fitzpatrick drew sour on the Dolphins after believing the team was […]

More...

Chicoman

Reaction score
Insane.....I guess they are all in with Mason Rudolph........good pickup but kinda crazy especially considering Ben is done for the season! I think it's a good move you are guaranteed a shutdown CB....and history has shown Tomlin & Colbert are about 50% on 1st Round picks anyway. Now could you imagine if they secure Jalen Ramsey?

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They aren't going to secure Ramsey. No cap space for one and they see themselves as only need one to make this defense great again. Only problem is the constant here needs to be changed. Minkah will be a great player for us but if they can't communicate enough for him to roll to their best receiver and cover just fullbacks, then a wasted effort.

Salute the nation

Vader

Reaction score
They aren't going to secure Ramsey. No cap space for one and they see themselves as only need one to make this defense great again. Only problem is the constant here needs to be changed. Minkah will be a great player for us but if they can't communicate enough for him to roll to their best receiver and cover just fullbacks, then a wasted effort.

He wants to be a slot CB only. He won't be on anyone's best WR if what I understand is true.

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
I have no problem picking up the player, but if the coaches can not put us in the best position to win then it is a total waste.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
EVERYONE but the owner involved in this trade should be fired at the end of the season. Colbert, Tomlin and whatever ****** person breathed that this was a good idea. a 2nd and a boat load of lows. Ok great fine. Like it. Davis will be gone, its like getting a first. You are playing a young QB. You could lose 12 or even 14 games this year. You end up missing a franchise QB for a ****** safety. There was one silver lining in the Ben injury. Either Rudolph becomes a legit starter or you have a chance at a blue chip prospect. Maybe even Tua. Tombert took that silver lining and wiped their ***** with it. You gotta be kidding me. When did this team become the Brownstains or the Bungholes.

Omar10213245

👀👂🎃🏈🍇🥑🍆🍋🪂🌞🌛🌜☂☔❄🌊🥴🤬🥺
Contributor
Reaction score
EVERYONE but the owner involved in this trade should be fired at the end of the season. Colbert, Tomlin and whatever ****** person breathed that this was a good idea. a 2nd and a boat load of lows. Ok great fine. Like it. Davis will be gone, its like getting a first. You are playing a young QB. You could lose 12 or even 14 games this year. You end up missing a franchise QB for a ****** safety. There was one silver lining in the Ben injury. Either Rudolph becomes a legit starter or you have a chance at a blue chip prospect. Maybe even Tua. Tombert took that silver lining and wiped their ***** with it. You gotta be kidding me. When did this team become the Brownstains or the Bungholes.

My God, how many more of you schmucks are sucking Tua's dick???

Coryea

Nothing left to do but win the whole ******* thing
Forefather
Reaction score
I have no problem picking up the player, but if the coaches can not put us in the best position to win then it is a total waste.
****, they can't even keep track of the helmet with the Green Dot on it

Sent from my XT1585 using Steeler Nation mobile app

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My God, how many more of you schmucks are sucking Tua's dick???

It might not be him. But its a ****** top 10 pick. You could take a replacement for Bud Dupree. He will be gone with nothing behind him. The thing is that ******** can never fix anything by coaching or scheme. He can only mask his **** with talent. Seattle gave up two cuts and a third for Clowney. The Steelers will most likely be surrendering a top 10 maybe 5 pick for a good safety.

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
All this talk of a top 10 pick is way premature. I mean the offense was doing **** with Ben in there. IF the defense can get it together i think we can be competitive.

So what happens next week if they look at the film on Rudolph. Game plan him and they score 10 points and lose by 24. Now how the **** you feeling.

Steelr4evr

Reaction score
I'm happy! I have no idea how good this guy is,but it will help the defense. Now all we need is a nasty top notch LB or a Big Snack type NT

SteelerSask2

Reaction score
My guess is he becomes a safety. He played and excelled at every DB position in Nick Saban's defense at Bama.

I really think that Nick Saban might have had something to do with that. After they let Russell Wilson run for almost 20 yard on third and 20 last week, I kinda don't feel like this is a Nick Saban led defense. Really, I don't.

Crimsonsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
I really think that Nick Saban might have had something to do with that. After they let Russell Wilson run for almost 20 yard on third and 20 last week, I kinda don't feel like this is a Nick Saban led defense. Really, I don't.

Haha, touche.

mdk2

Reaction score
Is someone seriously bitching because we got this dude?

Who the hell wants to tank?

Get outta here

Why tank when you can stay average year in and year out baby!

P.s. so if they didn't trade for this dude, you think the team is tanking?

Spike

Reaction score
"This is the first time since 1967 that the Steelers have traded away a first round draft pick"

Holy **** is this guy the next Dan Marino???

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
So what happens next week if they look at the film on Rudolph. Game plan him and they score 10 points and lose by 24. Now how the **** you feeling.

Who knows what will happen? All i know is we lost 2 games with 14 more to play. Rudolph has looked good in preseason and 1st game action. If the offense does what it did in the 2nd half we will be ok. Most importantly is giving the D a rest. I think Seattle had like 70+ plays compared to 40 some the week before

Avoid_Lloyd

Reaction score
so who sits? got nelson,, got joe,,,,

This. Plus Hilton is solid in the slot. The talent at CB is there, the coaching isnt.

They need an elite WR, OLB, or TE x1000 times worse, it will probably be a top 12 pick they're giving away

I can only hope Tomlin has to win to keep his job and this is a panic move to help him

Last edited:

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
With this team, I don't think it's tanking on purpose. They're just out of pixie dust and the coaching is complete garbage. Tanking will just happen.

On the other hand, if they convert him to linebacker, they'd have somebody to cover slot receivers.

Glass half full...