• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers free agents singing -2014

Ironcitysteelers

What do I put here? **** it.
Contributor
Reaction score
What a off season so far. I have really liked our FA pickups. Or I'm just not used to it, so I'm just shocked. I have high hopes for Blunt

Vis

Reaction score
Low risk, low reward

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe. I'm just excited to see some moves. I like the addition of DHB too. If he can stay on the field (and learn to catch...lol) he could be a nice one year addition. It's working out for spikes 5 wide.

Vis

Reaction score
We need to add depth now before we trade our whole draft to get Clowney

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
I won't believe the new Steelers Free-agents were singing until you provide video proof.

Lloyds legend

Contributor
Reaction score
Love the Blount signing, it will give us a nice 1 and 2.

With all the teams action in FA, I have no idea what we're looking to draft.

Steelerfan

Reaction score
Maybe. I'm just excited to see some moves. I like the addition of DHB too. If he can stay on the field (and learn to catch...lol) he could be a nice one year addition. It's working out for spikes 5 wide.

Flag!!! Do we really have to be reminded that the trademarked phrase is "5 WIDE *******!!" No other form of the phrase is allowed. ;)

Ironcitysteelers

Contributor
Reaction score
Flag!!! Do we really have to be reminded that the trademarked phrase is "5 WIDE *******!!" No other form of the phrase is allowed. ;)

I cant swear.....or I would dumb ***..... Ahh, feels good to be back.

BAS

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Stupid android phone. :)

Of course I had to update a similar note in all of the current threads so I can see my name as the last updater for all of them. A fleeting accomplishment.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
Mike Mitchell- starting FS and gives us speed and youth at the position. My question in learning curve. Smart guy from all accounts but how quick will he pick up the defense? Wouldn't shock me if Will Allen gets a little extra playing time early on. But this could be an awesome safety duo with Shamarko in a year or two.

Cam Thomas- run stuffer to eat up blocks and free our LB's. My assumption is he and McLendon split time at NT unless we don't have a viable option at DE opposite Heyward at the start of the season.

Lance Moore- slot WR and savvy veteran. Catches a lot of 3rd down passed and moved chains. Smaller but younger and quicker Cotchery.

Arthur Moats- I actually think this is an underrated signing. Moats just turned 26, is fast, and has experience and position versatile. I think he gives us some nice depth at LB something we didn't have last season.

LaGarrette Blount- again a young experienced player at a position of little depth last year. Blount is a power back and it would not surprise me for a second if he outshines young Le'Veon Bell.

Darrius Heyward Bey- fastest WR in a draft the included mike Wallace. 6-2 219 with wheels but has skillets for hands. Catching is tough to teach at this level. Either you can or can't. With our depth him making the team would not be a shocker but I wouldn't expect too much. Maybe he can return idk

Brice McCain- again I like this signing too. Cheap, fast, good depth guy. McCain I feel could win the nickel or dime DB spot but at very least is a good backup and special teams guy. 27 and cheap contract.

skialta

Reaction score
i find myself wondering who could catch more balls from the jugs machine between DHB and ike

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Some good moves and some that will just compete for a roster spot. I like the Blount signing. I think he and Bell will help bring our running game back in a major way. Two backs at close to 250 that can run and catch will just wear down defenses.

Scott T

Forefather
Reaction score
Blount is a Bruiser running back he can run people over like the Bus used to, but he can't catch out the backfield for doodly squat. I think he will compliment Bell very nicely.

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
Some good moves and some that will just compete for a roster spot. I like the Blount signing. I think he and Bell will help bring our running game back in a major way. Two backs at close to 250 that can run and catch will just wear down defenses.

Blount is a Bruiser running back he can run people over like the Bus used to, but he can't catch out the backfield for doodly squat. I think he will compliment Bell very nicely.

Scott T is correct, he doesn't catch. Bell should be the featured back and get the nod in 3rd down plays

Litos

Contributor
Reaction score
what I really like of all the signings is the little guaranteed money, even in our big free agency contract (Mitchell)

Vader

Reaction score
This is how the Steelers use to manage their roster. They fill their needs on cheap FAs and then go BPA in the draft. Finally, they are getting back to doing the right thing. To add to that, I like all these moves because they are cheap and at worst be used for camp fodder. Adding Mitchell is a great move because they need a safety badly to replace Clark.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Maybe Tomlin as well as the Steelers see they need to make some moves or the game is passing the Steelers by. If any of the signings help win three games more than they have been worth while.

DeaconKnowledge

Reaction score
I'm real curious as to what the Steelers intention at DE is. This Cam Thomas stuff has to be a smokescreen. That or they fully intend to bring Keisel back.

keslerclan

Reaction score
I'm real curious as to what the Steelers intention at DE is. This Cam Thomas stuff has to be a smokescreen. That or they fully intend to bring Keisel back.
I sure hope so ^^^

Cam Thomas has to be over 360-370! He looked relatively svelte at the combine compared to what he has looked like recently. No definition whatsoever...anywhere. i cannot imagine him being able to pass the drills that got Casey in so much hot water over the years!

Shane Falco

Pain is temporary, Glory lasts forever
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I want to hear any of them sing