• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers HC Mike Tomlin Talks Browns, Injuries, and College Rumors

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers head coach, Mike Tomlin took to the podium for his weekly press conference on Tuesday afternoon after he and the coaching staff had a great opportunity to self-evaluate over the bye week. Tomlin mentioned that it was a chance to self-scout, and more importantly, take a look at trends going on around in the NFL – particularly quarterback mobility.

Seeing as how this week is Cleveland Browns week, Tomlin spoke to to their “potent running attack” and how the Browns have been able to “keep their personality” despite not having Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, and Baker Mayfield in the lineup recently. Tomlin also gave praise to the Browns’ offensive line, particularly Browns offensive line coach, Bill Callahan. After getting pushed around in the second half in the game against the Seattle Seahawks, stopping the run will be a big focus for the Steelers come Sunday.

As far as injuries go, offensive tackle Zach Banner is back as a full participant. Question marks around defensive lineman, Stephon Tuitt, and running back, Anthony McFarland however still remain.

Coach Tomlin said Stephon Tuitt’s return is not imminent this week, but adds he’s progressing and his rehab is going well.

— Missi Matthews (@missi_matthews) October 26, 2021

Coach Mike Tomlin said he anticipates the team activating RB Anthony McFarland from IR. He said the week of practice will determine what role he has behind Najee Harris.

— Teresa Varley (@Teresa_Varley) October 26, 2021

Tomlin ended his presser getting asked about the rumors of him possibly coaching at the college level. Needless to say, Tomlin shut that talk down quick.

“That’s a joke to me. I’ve got one of the best jobs in all of professional sports. Why would I have any interest in coaching college football?” He continued. “Never say never, but never. There’s not a booster with a big enough blank check.”

Watch the full press conference here:

#LIVE: Coach Tomlin addresses the media ahead of our Week 8 game against the Cleveland Browns. https://t.co/EASRCraiwe

— Pittsburgh Steelers (@steelers) October 26, 2021

Do yinz think we’ll be ready to make a statement against Cleveland come Sunday? Click to comment below!

#SteelerNation

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Didnt happen in January

It may not happen every time but it's ALWAYS time to kick cleveland's asZ even in the off season, on season and all the inbetween times as well.

**** CLEVELAND and their high riding media sucking nut ****** *** hats pricks with **** stains on pants and mouth with a baker dozen ***** to mayfield who needs a good asZ kicking with gerret's red hot poker has cooled from being up his asZ kicked Asz.

Let me know if I need to explain it any better....................................................................................... RED HOT POKER time for them

Salute the nation

MTC

Giga Chad
Contributor
Reaction score
It may not happen every time but it's ALWAYS time to kick cleveland's asZ even in the off season, on season and all the inbetween times as well.

**** CLEVELAND and their high riding media sucking nut ****** *** hats pricks with **** stains on pants and mouth with a baker dozen ***** to mayfield who needs a good asZ kicking with gerret's red hot poker has cooled from being up his asZ kicked Asz.

Let me know if I need to explain it any better....................................................................................... RED HOT POKER time for them

Salute the nation
**** myles garrett with a red hot poker