• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Hosed on Offsides Call before Half

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Steelers safety Minkah Fitzpatrick blocked a field goal with 10 seconds remaining before half and returned it for a touchdown. The play was called back for offsides on Joe Haden.

Here’s a video and a photo of conclusive evidence that it wasn’t offsides.

Look at this! https://t.co/xjpAtpv8FR

— Andrew Fillipponi (@ThePoniExpress) October 3, 2021

20211003_175654-576x1024.jpg

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

mightyguru

On a cloud...
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Would have changed the outcome of the game imo. Just absurd.

FordFairLane

Reaction score
This call was a 10 point swing. That’s the difference between trying to dink and dunk to FG range and forcing a ball deep into double coverage.

SteelerFanRC

Reaction score
I hate when people do that. The whole second half would have played out differently if the score was different at halftime. You can't take one play and just manipulate the score because of it. Everything would have been different the situations would have been different. I have to believe the Packers would still have won the game.

SteelerInLebanon

Steeler fanatic trying to survive modern society
Contributor
Reaction score
I hate when people do that. The whole second half would have played out differently if the score was different at halftime. You can't take one play and just manipulate the score because of it. Everything would have been different the situations would have been different. I have to believe the Packers would still have won the game.
I have to believe just the opposite. Momentum is real. That play would have totally changed the feel of the game and given us the lead.

SteelerFanRC

Reaction score
or the Packers would have seized momentum back right away when they got the ball to start the second half. The Packers would have treated things differently had they been behind at half time, so we'll never know how it would have turned out. And does it really matter at this point anyway?

OhioSteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone who says it wouldn't have changed the mind set of both teams should re-watch the Bengals Jags game to see how both teams played much differently after the Jags got stuffed on goal line right before the half. Its a what if, but I think the would have lifted the Steelers second half performance for sure.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Home cookin'.

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish I could say this is the reason we lost. It was a terrible call. Definitely changed things. But, it isn't the reason "we do what we do."

CoolieMan

Most INtelligent Poster
Forefather
Reaction score
no it is not the reason the Steelers lost today but it definitely would have changed the momentum going into half time...who knows how it would have ended up

t-man

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
or the Packers would have seized momentum back right away when they got the ball to start the second half. The Packers would have treated things differently had they been behind at half time, so we'll never know how it would have turned out. And does it really matter at this point anyway?
I hear getting ****** in the *** is kinda like a really big ****, but it doesn't mean I have to want either one. Point being, even if my *** is gonna hurt after both (just like losing the game) it doesn't mean I want to get ******, like the Steelers were.

Joe

Steel Reign

Custom Title
Contributor
Reaction score
no it is not the reason the Steelers lost today but it definitely would have changed the momentum going into half time...who knows how it would have ended up
I think the kind of scary part of this is that the special teams may have fortunately played us into a win again (like week 1) and we would have all been ecstatic and posting tonight about how the Steelers were back etc. But, even if that happened, as it did in week 1, it would just cause us all to ignore the obvious coaching and Ben deficiencies that really have been about the same for 12 games. We would feel better right now ... but nothing would have changed as far as our issues. And that is unfortunate.

6Lombardis

Reaction score
I hear getting ****** in the *** is kinda like a really big ****, but it doesn't mean I have to want either one. Point being, even if my *** is gonna hurt after both (just like losing the game) it doesn't mean I want to get ******, like the Steelers were.

Joe
Well, not the image I'd have picked to cap off my evening LOL

jitter77

Owes Jimmy $50
Reaction score
Horrible call and 10pt swing, but we did not really stop the GB offense. I highly doubt it would have changed the game. Don't think GB or AR would have been rattled.

Super Dave

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
It sucked.

It made all of GB's whining about TJ's trip all the more insufferable. Especillay from their HC .

Steel G

Reaction score
Good teams overcome bad calls, a bad play, a big injury, etc. Especially ones that occur in a first half. This team just isn't good right now.

topseed

Contributor
Reaction score
Good teams overcome bad calls, a bad play, a big injury, etc. Especially ones that occur in a first half. This team just isn't good right now.
Not saying the Steelers are anywhere near being a good team, but this wasn't just a run-of-the-mill "bad call." The result was a direct 10-point swing in an otherwise close game, and as others have noted, nullified a huge momentum play for Pittsburgh going into halftime.