• Please be aware we've switched the forums to their own URL. (again) You'll find the new website address to be www.steelernationforum.com Thanks
  • Please clear your private messages. Your inbox is close to being full.

Steelers Interested in Dallas DB Coach

slashsteel

Thank you for everything Franco, R I P.
Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...oys-db-coach-joe-whitt-jr-for-vacant-dc-role/

Dallas DB coach Joe Whitt Jr.

I have to say this is my favorite for the job. He has helped develop some decent DBs.

Last edited:

Steeler Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
The Pittsburgh Steelers have reportedly requested to interview another potential defensive coordinator. This time its Dallas Cowboys defensive backs coach Joe Whitt Jr.

Whitt Jr came into the league on Mike McCarthy’s staff in Green Bay where he spent 9 seasons as the Packers cornerbacks coach. He also coached in Atlanta, and Cleveland before heading to Dallas in 2021.

The Steelers are also set to interview Patrick Graham, and Kris Richard from outside the organization.

Support SteelerNation by clicking here to read the story..

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Who the **** is going to come here knowing that they don't actually DO anything but will still be crucified for the ****** play of the defense?

And whoever THAT guy is, I don't want him.

Ike Kelly

P-38L Fan
Contributor
Reaction score
https://Invalid Link - Check SN Hom...oys-db-coach-joe-whitt-jr-for-vacant-dc-role/

Dallas DB coach Joe Whitt Jr.

I have to say this is my favorite for the job. He has helped develop some decent DBs.
He has ties to McCarthy I believe and McCarthy is from Pittsburgh so I can see the connection. Sure has been in the development of a lot of good DBs at GB.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
He has ties to McCarthy I believe and McCarthy is from Pittsburgh so I can see the connection. Sure has been in the development of a lot of good DBs at GB.
I just saw the rats are interviewing two of the Steelers DC candidates for the same job and the clowns lost their VP of football operations to the Vikings. They should make with a quickness on their Whitt decision or the rats could make it for them.

Plink

Reaction score
Who the **** is going to come here knowing that they don't actually DO anything but will still be crucified for the ****** play of the defense?

These two sentences explain with extreme clarity, WHY, and just how bad this team is ******...

I'd never want to be a member of a club, that would accept me.

Drink IRON City

KAYAK Champion who drives a LUXURY S10
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

I hear yaz wig but it has to start somewhere. Maybe he catches fire and next thing you know he is moving up the ladder.

Salute the nation

thesteelcity

Pittsburgh, PA
Reaction score
I'm liking this. The Cowboys DBs had a great year. He could really excel with our D, if he is allowed to.

black and gold apex

Reaction score
Tomlin needs to see the light get some coaches with new eyes and have the ability to improve players

wig

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
As I see it, Tomlin only has one path where he doesn't look like an incompetent ***.

He has to continue to call the defense, somehow find a way to cobble together a competent offense and win several playoff games WITHOUT just loading the **** out of the roster and essentially "buying a win".

If he hires an ACTUAL defensive coordinator and actually LETS him do his job, then any success will simply highlight Tomlin's failure to actually coach.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
As I see it, Tomlin only has one path where he doesn't look like an incompetent ***.

He has to continue to call the defense, somehow find a way to cobble together a competent offense and win several playoff games WITHOUT just loading the **** out of the roster and essentially "buying a win".

If he hires an ACTUAL defensive coordinator and actually LETS him do his job, then any success will simply highlight Tomlin's failure to actually coach.
C'mon man

we don't need to see anything further to highlight his failure to coach....when it matters the most.🤓😁

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

<adds bullshit to resume>
y'all got an email address for Tomlin?

Superman

You may worship me
Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score

au contraire...

if he hires someone from outside and takes a more hands-off approach, it would show he's brilliant in retooling his strategies.

SteelBuckeye

Contributor
Reaction score

Ummmm .... ****, "buying a win". Isn't that what the Bucs did last year and the Rams are attempting this year?
And, under your scenario, what you're saying is that he has to handicap himself to your satisfaction in order to not look like an incompetent *** to you. I'm not sure Tomlin cares enough about what the fans think to even consider such.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
au contraire...

if he hires someone from outside and takes a more hands-off approach, it would show he's brilliant in retooling his strategies.
Exactly we don't care the path it takes for you to get there, but get there.

warriors42

Forefather
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I would love to have Joe Whitt jr. But I hope his isn't just some Rooney rule bullshit where we interview nothing but black coaches especially ones that are actually qualified to do the job, just to promote from within. Get our hopes built up that we are actually gonna work to fix **** that yank the rug out from under us.

I would love to have Mike Caldwell as our DC. He has coached under some good coaches and I think he deserves a shot as a DC. I would take damn near anyone over what in the barn here.

Hell if we want to hire nothing but black coaches I'm on board but lets start with replacing Tomlin with Marcus Brady look at what that dude has done with the colts offense.

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I would love to have Joe Whitt jr. But I hope his isn't just some Rooney rule bullshit where we interview nothing but black coaches especially ones that are actually qualified to do the job, just to promote from within. Get our hopes built up that we are actually gonna work to fix **** that yank the rug out from under us.

I would love to have Mike Caldwell as our DC. He has coached under some good coaches and I think he deserves a shot as a DC. I would take damn near anyone over what in the barn here.

Hell if we want to hire nothing but black coaches I'm on board but lets start with replacing Tomlin with Marcus Brady look at what that dude has done with the colts offense.
I am interested in Flores I think he would be a solid Butler replacement. Far as I know he isn't linked to any HC-ing gig. If he does a well as I suspect then you could do what they do best hire within.😁

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
They won't hire from outside. They are just going through the motions. Tomlin is the DC and everyone has known that for a long time. No one is dumb enough to come here.

Reactions: xjx

slashsteel

Contributor
Reaction score
They won't hire from outside. They are just going through the motions. Tomlin is the DC and everyone has known that for a long time. No one is dumb enough to come here.
Well unless they wanted a check and didn't want the extra play calling responsibility. But that usually wouldn't be considered for someone who actually wants job advancement...

SteelerFan448

Forefather
Reaction score
Multiple guys with DB coaching experiences is interesting. Nice to see they're actually putting in some work to interview guys and hopefully they actually bring in the best guy for this team.

TDX27

Forefather
Contributor
Reaction score
Multiple guys with DB coaching experiences is interesting. Nice to see they're actually putting in some work to interview guys and hopefully they actually bring in the best guy for this team.
I would be as shocked just like I would if Rooney gets up there today and says he's making Tomlin get rid of Canaduh.

alancac98

Reaction score
C'mon man

we don't need to see anything further to highlight his failure to coach....when it matters the most.🤓😁
Actually, I just might develop a sliver of respect for Tomlin should he hire a DC, step the **** back, and let the guy do his thing without interference. It would show me he is actually growing, which is something he has not done since being hired as HC! Damn, can't believe I just said that (threw up in my mouth a little!)